Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2016, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
I think the only show that does show them equally is Hollyoaks wouldn't you say?
That's definitely correct. What I've seen since Ste/Harry became official they've had just as much screen-time being as affectionate as any other couple. The equality between couples is probably the one good thing about Hollyoaks tbh.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

I remember when John Paul and Craig started to be something on Hollyoaks. And there was so little shown at first. I remember when at least one of them had to have a shirt on. And then as time went on, more and more were shown. I remember being so excited how much was show with Ste and Brendan. Because they were on equal footing with other pairings of the show and that made me so happy. That seems to be the only thing in Hollyoaks favor. Other than that it's just gotten more and more horrible.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Hollyoaks just keeps getting more ridiculous! That is probably the only thing it does do right, other soaps seem to make a big deal if a gay couple even kiss but Hollyoaks has that regularly and shows it just as much as straight couples and more than that shows them doing just as much as they would as straight couples.
Wolf Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
Hollyoaks just keeps getting more ridiculous! That is probably the only thing it does do right, other soaps seem to make a big deal if a gay couple even kiss but Hollyoaks has that regularly and shows it just as much as straight couples and more than that shows them doing just as much as they would as straight couples.
Agreed, I think the only thing Hollyoaks really offers is equal showing of LGBT characters and sexual scenes of all natures.

Though what they do to their romantic relationships is just as horrible as the straight pairings. It seems to be mainly about whose the prettiest or sexiest together. And not about real connection or communication or shared interest. I can't think of the last pairing that really meant something. And they actually went through believable issues instead of these over the top insane moments.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

Last really well done Hollyoaks storyline was Mercedes losing her (and Joe's) son Gabriel and the stillbirth. Jen did great in the SL.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
Last really well done Hollyoaks storyline was Mercedes losing her (and Joe's) son Gabriel and the stillbirth. Jen did great in the SL.
So out of all those storylines in the entire show, only one good genuine one. How are they still in production?
Old 04-27-2016, 02:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
So out of all those storylines in the entire show, only one good genuine one. How are they still in production?
The Cleo abuse storyline was done pretty well until a certain point when it went the typical stupid Hollyoaks way.

Tbh the only characters I find are worth watching are Mercedes, Kim, Trevor and Sienna
Old 04-27-2016, 02:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The Cleo abuse storyline was done pretty well until a certain point when it went the typical stupid Hollyoaks way.

Tbh the only characters I find are worth watching are Mercedes, Kim, Trevor and Sienna
Ugh, I half want to know what happen with Cleo's storyline and half don't or I think I'll be sick. That poor child, I would hate to think the show took something as serious and evil as sexual abuse/sexual rape of a minor girl. And pull the typical Hollyoaks BS like they did with Silas. Now I'm mad they're still around, if they aren't going to treat these subjects right, they are just doing greater harm, than good.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ugh, I half want to know what happen with Cleo's storyline and half don't or I think I'll be sick. That poor child, I would hate to think the show took something as serious and evil as sexual abuse/sexual rape of a minor girl. And pull the typical Hollyoaks BS like they did with Silas. Now I'm mad they're still around, if they aren't going to treat these subjects right, they are just doing greater harm, than good.
IMO Hollyoaks didn't handle the storyline as well as Emmerdale did. Although I thought Twinnie Lee Moore did great as Porsche in it because her character was the first victim of the creep who groomed and abused her sister, Cleo.

The reveal of Porsche true parentage was a interesting storyline before Twinnie exited the show.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
IMO Hollyoaks didn't handle the storyline as well as Emmerdale did. Although I thought Twinnie Lee Moore did great as Porsche in it because her character was the first victim of the creep who groomed and abused her sister, Cleo.

The reveal of Porsche true parentage was a interesting storyline before Twinnie exited the show.
Ugh, that your makes your heart hurt. Sure it's a soap, but this is an important and serious subject that millions of children and adults live with. And they handed it so lightly and without respect is just a slap in the face. But what do you expect with Hollyoaks? The show that shakes your hand with the left while punching you in the face with it's right.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ugh, that your makes your heart hurt. Sure it's a soap, but this is an important and serious subject that millions of children and adults live with. And they handed it so lightly and without respect is just a slap in the face. But what do you expect with Hollyoaks? The show that shakes your hand with the left while punching you in the face with it's right.
It wasn't treated lightly or with no respect from what I watched of it. But the way they portrayed the relationship between Cleo/Pete at different points of the story was off-putting.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It wasn't treated lightly or with no respect from what I watched of it. But the way they portrayed the relationship between Cleo/Pete at different points of the story was off-putting.
Ah, ok. I didn't watch it. But I know what Hollyoaks does with serious subjects and how they lose the direction with how they handle them and I just assumed the worst.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ah, ok. I didn't watch it. But I know what Hollyoaks does with serious subjects and how they lose the direction with how they handle them and I just assumed the worst.
That's exactly what I meant they lost direction at times and flip flopped on how Cleo felt towards Pete.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's exactly what I meant they lost direction at times and flip flopped on how Cleo felt towards Pete.
Ugh.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

2016 British Soap Awards Nominations // Emmerdale

Best Actor → Danny Miller
Best Actress → Lucy Pargeter
Best British Soap → Emmerdale
Best Comedy Performance → Matthew Wolfenden
Best Male Dramatic Performance → Danny Miller
Best Female Dramatic Performance → Charlotte Bellamy
Best Newcomer → Isobel Steele
Best Single Episode → Aftermath of Village Hall Explosion