Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2016, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Super soap week of Emmerdale was incredible! The cinematography was amazing and each episode felt like a stand alone film. The acting and depth to each character who the episodes were dedicated to was just next level amazing. The crash and aftermath was so intense. You were left wondering right to the end who the death was so much so that before it was clear that James had died I actually for a minute thought that it was Rhona. Very cleverly done was the use of the flashforward funeral. Lots more stories coming out of this week it's not over.

The standout performances for me were Danny, Ryan, John, Gillian and Bill.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Yeah all I know is James is dead since Emma pushed him off a bridge and started the whole car pile up issue. I figured he would die for sure (since the news he was leaving the show) what I didn't know if they were going to have someone else die as well like Paddy or Rhona. I knew they wouldn't kill off Aaron, Danny is too special for them to not keep around.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Yeah all I know is James is dead since Emma pushed him off a bridge and started the whole car pile up issue. I figured he would die for sure (since the news he was leaving the show) what I didn't know if they were going to have someone else die as well like Paddy or Rhona. I knew they wouldn't kill off Aaron, Danny is too special for them to not keep around.
My view of how the crash started is that yes Emma pushed James but she didn't actually mean to and legit tried grabbing him back as to not fall but it was impossible. Gillian played those scenes so perfectly. The flashforwards at the start of each episode fit together seamlessly for the positions they found themselves in as the crash happened (James) and in the aftermaths (Aaron, Paddy, Pierce and Ashley).

Even knowing Aaron wouldn't die it didn't stop even a second of the panic I felt when I saw the look on Robert's face at the flashforward funeral (as Aaron. Rhona & James all flatlined ). The panic only subsided when I saw Aaron grab Robert's hand revealing he was okay.

On an interesting note Finn is getting a new romantic interest out of the crash. So he loses his father and will gain a love interest. Ross is gonna to be his usual self blaming everyone else for the fact he wasn't at the hospital.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:05 AM
Master Fan

Oh great, so it's Ross own fault that he wasn't at the hospital. But he's gonna blame it on others and make things difficult. You think losing his father and being a father himself would get him to focus more on his son and try to better himself.

Emma needs help, serious medical help. She needs to be in a place where she can't hurt anyone and she can't hurt herself.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh great, so it's Ross own fault that he wasn't at the hospital. But he's gonna blame it on others and make things difficult. You think losing his father and being a father himself would get him to focus more on his son and try to better himself.
Too busy thinking with his pants to bother answering the multiple phone-calls. So yes he's to blame for not being there with his family and will react in the typical never-changing or growing way that Ross reacts to everything. On top of that his relationship with James was also not in a good place because he was the one who discovered James' infedility with Moira which caused Emma to go nuts once she found out. He was even the reason that James was at Emma's mercy because Ross was the cause of James' broken leg.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:29 AM
Master Fan

I hope it's Finn who finds out and turns Emma in for what she did to James. Bringing everything full circle since he brought her back. Also it will give him a freaking storyline. Plus they could have Ross being true to form blaming everything on Finn, which would lead to strain on their relationship. Which could be a good storyline since Finn was the only person that Ross was close to. It could be actual good storylines if done right.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hope it's Finn who finds out and turns Emma in for what she did to James. Bringing everything full circle since he brought her back. Also it will give him a freaking storyline. Plus they could have Ross being true to form blaming everything on Finn, which would lead to strain on their relationship. Which could be a good storyline since Finn was the only person that Ross was close to. It could be actual good storylines if done right.
Doubt that'll happen. The story for Finn coming out of the crash/James' death looks like it will be a new relationship in the form of the guy, Kasim, that he helped save post-crash. He visits Kasim in hospital (he's in a coma) next week.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
Doubt that'll happen. The story for Finn coming out of the crash/James' death looks like it will be a new relationship in the form of the guy, Kasim, that he helped save post-crash. He visits Kasim in hospital (he's in a coma) next week.
The show really like to Finn over don't they. Finding Emma was kinda his storyline and then it became all about Ross. And then that became all about her obsession with James. Poor Finn, I mean yay for him having some romance, but knowing the show. They will make it an issue like Kasim isn't out to his family or something. I was hoping for a stronger storyline for him, but of his brothers have gotten them. Ross has had an overabundance of the his own juicy stories that weren't about romance.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:47 AM
Master Fan

It's hard to know what Kasim will be like or if he's even gay/straight, out/closeted until he's out of the coma. First thing I thought when I saw the Finn/Kasim hospital picture for next week was how similair a situation it was to a storyline a few months ago on the australian soap, Neighbours. A female character lost her half-brother & grandfather in a hotel explosion and she was caught up in the same explosion but was saved by a man who ended up with amnesia from it then they fell in love.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Have you guys heard about the fire that's happening in Hollyoaks this week, two are going to die it's out of Nico, Joanne, Sienna, Warren, Mercedes, Joe, Peri & Tom. I reckon it's going to be Joe and either Nico or Joanne. What about you guys?
Wolf Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Didn't Warren just come back? And Mercedes have a scare recently, or maybe not? Would that exclude them?

I think Nico is one of them, from what I heard of her character. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed her in a big blaze.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
Have you guys heard about the fire that's happening in Hollyoaks this week, two are going to die it's out of Nico, Joanne, Sienna, Warren, Mercedes, Joe, Peri & Tom. I reckon it's going to be Joe and either Nico or Joanne. What about you guys?
YESSSSSS!!! I'm so excited for the upcoming Spooktacular Halloween episodes. I'm most scared for Sienna possibly being one of the deaths because there will be a Sienna/Nico showdown. I just don't see Nico going to prison since that'd just continue to drag out that never-ending storyline so Nico must be going to die.
Spoiler:
Old 10-30-2016, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylebraxtonisthebest (View Post)
YESSSSSS!!! I'm so excited for the upcoming Spooktacular Halloween episodes. I'm most scared for Sienna possibly being one of the deaths because there will be a Sienna/Nico showdown. I just don't see Nico going to prison since that'd just continue to drag out that never-ending storyline so Nico must be going to die.
Spoiler:
Maybe in the show down, Nico kills Sienna and then a few months down the line people find out what Nico has done?

Aren't Warren and Sienna dating? Does Sienna have custody of Nico? Because if Sienna dies, who takes care of Nico?
Old 10-30-2016, 12:06 AM
Loyal Fan

In that case then I reckon the other has got to be Nico, Warren's just come back so I don't think it will be him, Mercedes they shouldn't touch, Tom's been in it too long, Peri has all the stuff with Cameron yet to be exposed and I just don't think they'd killl Sienna as she's very popular.
Wolf Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Maybe in the show down, Nico kills Sienna and then a few months down the line people find out what Nico has done?

Aren't Warren and Sienna dating? Does Sienna have custody of Nico? Because if Sienna dies, who takes care of Nico?
Nico's secrets have already started coming out now that Sienna's been released from jail.
That's why it all comes to a head at the Halloween episodes this week. Wont be much of a shock to me if Sienna ends up having to kill Nico in self defense.