Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2017, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad you like it.

This makes it sound like Jack is really only gonna be a ghost b/c of I'm sure it's the one source I mentioned earlier from DR Forum.

SoapHub: Matthew Ashford back as Jack

Soap Hub has it on good authority that Matthew Ashford is returning to DAYS sometime in the next six months as Jack Deveraux, Jennifer’s presumed dead husband (who seemed to be really, most sincerely dead after falling down an elevator shaft).

However, one source says Ashford is only appearing for a limited time, which leads us to believe Jennifer (Melissa Reeves) will need to conjure up his spirit once again, just like she did last year when she needed someone to help her conquer her pill habit.

Ashford also appeared briefly a few months later when Abigail was losing her mind in the institution and saw visions of her father.

So, it’s anyone’s guess who needs Jack’s quirky guidance if he is indeed still dead. Perhaps even JJ (Casey Moss) goes through some troubles and needs a dad.

With soaps and especially Days of Our Lives, anything is possible. A limited run could even bring Jack back to life, just to kill him once again.

As Soap Hub knows more, we’ll keep your informed.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-16-2017, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Hope for more than a ghost.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Same even if none of us would be surprised if it's just in ghost spirt form.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish they would stop getting our hopes up though.

Love this.

Maybe the excitement on Twitter will make Ron see how much Jack is wanted back for good.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-21-2017, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I would love to see my favorite pairing together even if it's just for an episode so.... yeah.
But yeah, hopefully one day it's a full-time thing again.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Well I would love to see my favorite pairing together even if it's just for an episode so.... yeah.
But yeah, hopefully one day it's a full-time thing again.
I don't see it happening anymore.

It's only death that keeps JnJ apart.

Well at least Jack died the last time saving his daughter.

Jack started mostly as a villain well when Matt took over & the writers decided the direction of the char. was finally going. I think they just needed to find the right actor. It's hard to believe there were 2 Jack's before.

Then later & even a recast Jennifer. I know everybody likes to block them & time out. The show until Dena's last run Peter didn't even exist.

EJabby had no mention of Jennifer ever being with Peter.

So Jack dying as a Hero is in a way full circle.

I'm getting Spuffy feels like when Jennifer told Jack she believed in him with Villain to Hero.

It makes it even more special b/c of the sweet bond Jack & Abby always had. I try to block out when she hated him b/c of the stupid writers.

They were able to get past it & the time spent stuck together tell each other lots of things about how much they loved each other.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No new info on his appearance?
Old 10-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
No new info on his appearance?
I read a few days ago again on Twitter that he is only still gonna be a ghost.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I read a few days ago again on Twitter that he is only still gonna be a ghost.
Not shocking sadly.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Not shocking sadly.
Nope!

Now JenEric are back!

Why can't Jennifer just focus on her family?

Old 11-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ So question, you don't want Jennifer to ever move on?
I felt the same way about Nikolas/Emily after Emily died. lol

So not being hypocritical or anything, I was just wondering. If it was anyone other than Eric, would you be okay with Jennifer having that relationship if it was well built even if Jack/Jen will forever be your #1?
Old 11-04-2017, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't posted this here yet. It has the I believe in you moment.

Quote:
^ So question, you don't want Jennifer to ever move on?
I felt the same way about Nikolas/Emily after Emily died. lol

So not being hypocritical or anything, I was just wondering. If it was anyone other than Eric, would you be okay with Jennifer having that relationship if it was well built even if Jack/Jen will forever be your #1?
It's like with Spuffy. I will not accept them with anyone else.

Luckily for me there was an open ending.

Buffy didn't even know Spike was alive & my headcanon is Spike went to her eventually.

That's just inevitable.

Spuffy are my OTP for life.

I got more invested in JnJ than ever rewatching their love story.

JnJ are my Soap OTP for life. I will never accept Jennifer with another man anymore.

Days has made it clear JnJ only have death keeping them apart.

It doesn't matter what dumb triangle they put them in Jennifer always chooses Jack in the end.

JnJ are a classic supercouple so of course there is no doubt they would be probably in another triangle the way Days writes.

Jennifer will always choose Jack.

Wow I got so many Spuffy feels from JnJ.

Spike was giving up on himself thinking he could never change & Buffy told him she believed in him.

It didn't matter to him about how he had fought for a soul or that it was something controlling him when he killed those girls.

Jack was giving up on himself b/c of an article bringing up his dark past when his adoptive father was trying to get out of jail on parole early.

The man that raised & Jack had looked up to ended up a serial killer.

Harper Deveraux that everybody thought was such a good man too.

The fact his biological father Duke beat his mother & raped his sister Adrienne. He felt b/c he raped Kayla that meant that's all people would ever see no matter what he did to change.

Jennifer told Jack she believe in him.

This is also is why Jack pushed Jennifer away over & over b/c he was terrified he would hurt her like he did Kayla eventually. Plus he used her cousin Melissa when she was in love with him.

Jack actually went to therapy on the show. It was on screen & we got to see him overcome most of it. I don't think those huge issues were ever completely gone.

The show just after JnJ first run didn't bring it up anymore until JJ found out after Jack had already died supposedly saving Abby again. This was after their third run.

Seriously we found out Abby somehow found out off screen & Jack wasn't even around for when JJ found out about his dark past raping his aunt Kayla.

This could have been a major SL like when Lucky found out on GH that Luke raped Laura when Liz was raped.

Days one of many missed opp. through years. That was a major one though.

Abby already knowing was a bad writing move IMO as well.

She had already dealt with it off screen. They could have at least wrote Abby finding out at the same time.

Spike inspired to become a better man b/c of his love for Buffy.

Jack inspired to become a better man b/c of his love for Jennifer.

Both men Villain to dying Heroes.

Redemption a huge ship kink obviously.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 11-04-2017 at 08:26 PM
Old 11-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Awww I understand that.
I guess it's a tough situation because I do wonder if Jack never comes back from the dead, will they keep Jennifer single the whole time.

Even though of course, her greatest love is Jack, But I guess eventually she has to move on if she finds a great love.... don't think she should spend the rest of her life being sad and grieving.

However, don't think it should be with Eric since the writers sort of ruined that by what they did with Eric/Nicole recently.

So, I guess you can be happy with that? For now anyway....

No doubt that Jennifer would choose Jack in a triangle as well.

At this point would you rather NOT see Jack in ghost form if he really isn't going to return from the dead?
Old 12-22-2017, 03:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Did J&J have scenes recently? I saw some pictures on instagram.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
Did J&J have scenes recently? I saw some pictures on instagram.
I didn't realize it was happening this week. I'm not into new Days anymore.

JJ planning to kill himself this week had fake flashbacks of Jack.

This show is so stupid b/c the fake flashbacks just showed how much Jack is missed/needed for years now.

There was just a small moment with JnJ with JJ in a fake flashback based going to visit him in boarding school.

Jennifer had just watched It's a wonderful life & Jack is making fun of it. Jack finds weed. He doesn't tell Jennifer though.

Before this there is a fake flashback of JJ showing up home with just Jack there after getting kicked of boarding school.

Jack convinces him to go back & gives him a pen Harper gave him to show he believed in him.

This is ridic!

Jack wouldn't do that after finding out Harper was a serial killer & then tried to kill Steve & Jack was the one to stop him.

Jack killed him saving Steve!

Does Ron know nothing? Where is Sheri? She should know this stuff or at least Ryan.

The episode is Dec. 20th & JJ is writing letters as he plans to commit suicide b/c of shooting Theo & he isn't supposed to make it.

I don't even want Jack back at this point sadly.

Jennifer can be with who ever but nobody will truly accept anyone with her but Jack.

I guess she can see him in heaven eventually since death is the only thing keeping them apart.

I would have to start watching again & can't stand Marci as Abby Chabby 3.0 or care about any of the rest of the show.

Matt & Casey are great together in the episode though.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 12-23-2017 at 12:32 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread