Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2018, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, everyone! Sorry I took so long to get here. I was feeling nauseous and worn out yesterday, so I took my meds and went to bed. Still getting over this flu, but I'm doing better.

Thanks for agreeing that Hellmart should go under, Katie.

Well, you don't get a point for calling out sick when you have protected sick time, Mary. But the problem is that you have to accumulate the sick time over time because it comes out of your PTO, which is where vacation and personal time also come from, which is bull

I know, I'm trying to get out as soon as I can. And I'm sorry you're still feeling depressed. But why are they still almost giving you a heart attack? Is it because of your BF?

Oh, and he should try to help out more with the housework and give you a break.
That sounds horrible. I hope that you'll get well soon. How long have you had this flu? A week? Two weeks? Did you eat at all yesterday?

I already said the same thing, too, along with Sam. So, Katie wasn't the only one who agreed with you.

Well at the store that I worked at I had to call the 1-800 number to call in, which got me a point. Then when I went back the next night, I had a choice to have the personnel manager to give me sick time for the previous night. She only let me have my PTO to cover my lost pay the other night. 99% of the time only my PTO covered me calling in, 1% the assistant manager let me have my sick time.

If you either are late 9 minutes - almost 2 hours after you need to clock in, or go home 2 hours before you are scheduled to leave, you get a half a point. Otherwise, if you don't attend, you get a point, and if you don't call or show, you get 4 points. If you get a point or half a point, you'll have to wait 6 months for it to be knocked off.

Yeah. I'm going to have to teach him and the roommate how to wash off the counters right and how I clean, so I can have a break from it. Whenever I clean, it looks better than their job. It makes me think that it'll only make things harder and longer to clean up if it doesn't get done the right way. Whenever I do the dishes after the roommate and every once in awhile, him, it takes me a long time to clean off the counters and the table we eat at. The roommate leaves crumbs underneath the papers that are near where he eats at. When I cleaned the roommate's bathroom, it was messier than the bathroom I use. He also told me not to clean the shower because he cleaned it the day before, but there were still dust marks on the bathtub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That sucks, hopefully he does some more cleaning soon.
He should, but he claims that he shouldn't do it because he has a job and his diabetes. When I worked where he worked, I cleaned the house. As for the roommate, he only picks on me to do the dishes, even when I had a job. He hasn't worked for awhile and is on social security. You would think that the only person in the household without a job could be more capable of doing the dishes more. When this roommate vacuums, he only does it around the easy areas. He doesn't move stuff the get more stuff up, nor does he maneuvers the hose to vacuum the edges. And yeah, I'm without a job now, but I've been dealing with a type of depression that makes me loose interest and motivation of things that I usually like doing. And the managers at Hellmart were blaming me on my work performance when they decided to treat me more like ****, when in fact it was their fault smh.

And on top of this, I am getting tire of this night schedule that I'm on. I think it is one of the reasons why my car hasn't been cleaned in three months. Being up on most of the night isn't what it's cracked up to be. You have to wait for businesses to open and the atmosphere seems dead.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥true_crime_beauty64♥ (View Post)
He should, but he claims that he shouldn't do it because he has a job and his diabetes. When I worked where he worked, I cleaned the house. As for the roommate, he only picks on me to do the dishes, even when I had a job. He hasn't worked for awhile and is on social security. You would think that the only person in the household without a job could be more capable of doing the dishes more. When this roommate vacuums, he only does it around the easy areas. He doesn't move stuff the get more stuff up, nor does he maneuvers the hose to vacuum the edges. And yeah, I'm without a job now, but I've been dealing with a type of depression that makes me loose interest and motivation of things that I usually like doing. And the managers at Hellmart were blaming me on my work performance when they decided to treat me more like ****, when in fact it was their fault smh.

And on top of this, I am getting tire of this night schedule that I'm on. I think it is one of the reasons why my car hasn't been cleaned in three months. Being up on most of the night isn't what it's cracked up to be. You have to wait for businesses to open and the atmosphere seems dead.
Sounds like your boyfriend just doesn't like cleaning from the sounds of it. The roommate definitely should help out around the house. especially since he has no work and nothing better to do.

What time have you been staying up until?
Old 02-23-2018, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I probably did, just have an crappy memory.
I know, I was just kidding with you, Sam.

Hi, Mary! Yeah, thanks. I'm over the worst of it, but it's the coughing, headaches, and occasional nausea that I still have to get through. All that crap built up in my lungs has to come out now. It sucks because it makes me feel depressed.

I ate yesterday, so don't worry. I think I caught it last week, but the symptoms didn't start until around Thursday. I went into work Saturday, thinking it was just bronchitis and I could work through it, but then Sunday it hit me like a ton of bricks and I had to call out for two days.

Yes, I did notice that you and Sam also agreed that Hellmart should go down. Thanks!

Yeah, I called that 1-800 number as well. But we don't get a point if we call that number because of PTO. I have at least 80 hours so it does get covered. I cannot believe they gave you a point. And yeah, we have the 9 minute rule too where we get half a point, and also the six month thing.

Mary, there are a lot of people who have diabetes who still clean up after themselves. I think you do need to have a talk with your boyfriend and his roommate and get this straightened out. Yeah, after a hard day's work you're exhausted, I know that more than anyone, but I still do dishes and laundry. You can all divide the housework and chores between you.

I'm sorry you're dealing with depression, Mary. I know how that is because I've battled it a long time. I did end up getting away from many of the things that were depressing me, although some are in my own body that I can't get away from. But I think that you can improve by a change in schedule, which is why I hope you get out of this night schedule you're on. I got out of the overnight shift and it's certainly helped me a lot. I know, it is too quiet and depressing and there's nothing to do.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Not sure whether that's an good or bad thing hahah
Old 02-23-2018, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Not sure whether that's an good or bad thing hahah
It's a good thing. And my Flyers won again, so that's good. Is it too much to hope that Philadelphia could win two championships in the same year?

The medal count in the Winter Olympics is still the same, with Norway, Germany, Canada, and USA in the top four.

Australia did win three medals, two silver and a bronze, Sam. You'll probably do better in the Summer Games in Tokyo in two years.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It's a good thing. And my Flyers won again, so that's good. Is it too much to hope that Philadelphia could win two championships in the same year?

The medal count in the Winter Olympics is still the same, with Norway, Germany, Canada, and USA in the top four.

Australia did win three medals, two silver and a bronze, Sam. You'll probably do better in the Summer Games in Tokyo in two years.
True haha, that's good and it would be awesome for you if they do.

I would assume so since we are better at the Summer Olympics than the winter ones.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

hope you guys are having a good weekend!
Old 02-24-2018, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Hi, Mary! Yeah, thanks. I'm over the worst of it, but it's the coughing, headaches, and occasional nausea that I still have to get through. All that crap built up in my lungs has to come out now. It sucks because it makes me feel depressed.

I ate yesterday, so don't worry. I think I caught it last week, but the symptoms didn't start until around Thursday. I went into work Saturday, thinking it was just bronchitis and I could work through it, but then Sunday it hit me like a ton of bricks and I had to call out for two days.

Yes, I did notice that you and Sam also agreed that Hellmart should go down. Thanks!

Yeah, I called that 1-800 number as well. But we don't get a point if we call that number because of PTO. I have at least 80 hours so it does get covered. I cannot believe they gave you a point. And yeah, we have the 9 minute rule too where we get half a point, and also the six month thing.

Mary, there are a lot of people who have diabetes who still clean up after themselves. I think you do need to have a talk with your boyfriend and his roommate and get this straightened out. Yeah, after a hard day's work you're exhausted, I know that more than anyone, but I still do dishes and laundry. You can all divide the housework and chores between you.

I'm sorry you're dealing with depression, Mary. I know how that is because I've battled it a long time. I did end up getting away from many of the things that were depressing me, although some are in my own body that I can't get away from. But I think that you can improve by a change in schedule, which is why I hope you get out of this night schedule you're on. I got out of the overnight shift and it's certainly helped me a lot. I know, it is too quiet and depressing and there's nothing to do.
It is good that you are feeling better.

So, what does it take for you to get a point?

The roommate is just being ridiculous with the dishes, and he puts sheets on his chair. I washed those sheets, and left them there on the love seat. This was 2 weeks ago, and he still hasn't folded them.

I agree with the overnight thing.

Quote:
Sounds like your boyfriend just doesn't like cleaning from the sounds of it. The roommate definitely should help out around the house. especially since he has no work and nothing better to do.

What time have you been staying up until?
I totally agree with this! This guy doesn't make sense.

I'm still not giving out the time.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I totally agree with this! This guy doesn't make sense.

I'm still not giving out the time.
How long have you lived with him?

Fair enough.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickering love (View Post)
hope you guys are having a good weekend!
Hi, Katie! No, my weekend is like all the others, I'm at work and it's chilly and rainy. But thanks.

Quote:
True haha, that's good and it would be awesome for you if they do.

I would assume so since we are better at the Summer Olympics than the winter ones.
Hi, Sam!

Well, I'm hoping. I'm just gonna watch what the Flyers do. They just beat the Ottawa Senators and are now in 2nd place in the Metropolitan Division!

And yeah, Australia is more of a summer place. I hope you guys do well in Tokyo. Do you have any plans during the summer months, which are your winter?

Quote:
It is good that you are feeling better.

So, what does it take for you to get a point?

The roommate is just being ridiculous with the dishes, and he puts sheets on his chair. I washed those sheets, and left them there on the love seat. This was 2 weeks ago, and he still hasn't folded them.
Hi, Mary! I'm trying to get better, but I'm still not all the way there. I think by next week I should be.

Well, a no-call, no-show gets you a point, or if you call out without any protected sick time. But usually the only points I got were for lateness. The most I had was 1.5.

You really should talk with that roommate, because he seems like he's taking advantage of you. Between you and your BF you need to let him know that he has to pull his own weight.

I'm glad you agree with me about overnight shift. I guess it's okay for some people, but I just can't do it anymore. I'm happy I'm working during the day now.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 02-24-2018 at 08:08 PM
Old 02-24-2018, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Hi, Sam!

Well, I'm hoping. I'm just gonna watch what the Flyers do. They just beat the Ottawa Senators and are now in 2nd place in the Metropolitan Division!

And yeah, Australia is more of a summer place. I hope you guys do well in Tokyo. Do you have any plans during the summer months, which are your winter? .
Hey

Awesome, how many games is there left in the season?

Not sure haha, don't really plan that far ahead lol.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Hi, Mary! I'm trying to get better, but I'm still not all the way there. I think by next week I should be.

Well, a no-call, no-show gets you a point, or if you call out without any protected sick time. But usually the only points I got were for lateness. The most I had was 1.5.

You really should talk with that roommate, because he seems like he's taking advantage of you. Between you and your BF you need to let him know that he has to pull his own weight.

I'm glad you agree with me about overnight shift. I guess it's okay for some people, but I just can't do it anymore. I'm happy I'm working during the day now.
That just goes to show that Hellmart is ****ed up, and is not at all fair. If you don't call and don't show, you get 4 points where I'm at, but for you, you get a point. It should be the same way for every location.

I'm having the boyfriend have a talk with him instead. The reason is because he is the head of household. Lately, this roommate hasn't been making a whole lot of sense, and made threats to shop at Hellmart even though he complains about the **** he gets from there. He doesn't make a whole lot of effort going to other places. If he makes friends at the places he goes to, maybe he'll have more options on getting rides.

It is just the overnight shift seems depressing for me considering how hollow it feels.
Quote:
How long have you lived with him?

Fair enough.
6 months.

You should understand my reasons.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
6 months.

You should understand my reasons.
Must have been an long 6 months then

I do
Old 02-25-2018, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

How would you feel?
Old 02-25-2018, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
How would you feel?
Very annoyed about his refusal to clean.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread