Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

General Reminder for All - PLEASE READ AND RESPOND.

Hey gang

As many of you know I've been rather absent for the last two weeks due to my internet being disconnected, and unfortunately my beyond awesome co-mod Sheida has a rather full plate and may not have been able to cover all my slack. And even more unfortunate is that some persons may have taken advantage of that fact.

I've spent the past couple hours just reading whats been going on here and I sincerely apologize to all of our regulars who may have ended up feeling alienated with situations that have arisen that no one was here to address, that being said, much thanks to Nicole for helping to try and watch out for the board--- which let me remind even though she is not the HIMYM mod, she is a mod and behavior issues she addresses on here should be followed the same way as from myself or Sheida. So I hope no one jumps ship of this board, because we do have a rather awesome group and I would hate to lose any of you.

Firstly, spoilers aren't really allowed on this board, but due to the fact that the thread on the spoilers board constantly is buried, I have no problem with them being mentioned here as long as they are properly tagged and only in the NEWS thread. A minor mention or tag in ship thread is fine, but at this point there in every damn thread, that's gotta stop.

ETA - Spoilers are unconfirmed/unreliable sources. Interviews are NOT spoilers.

Secondly, episode specifics like promos and pics, belong in THEIR exact episode threads unless they have already aired.

Thirdly, if you DO NOT like a ship, stay the hell out of their thread. I've addressed this issues at a minimum now three times. I'm done addressing it. And so is Sheida, if it continues an outside Moderator Manager will be informed to help resolve the issue.

Fourthly, feel free to start threads for discussions that we don't have threads for. So again, Barney/Nora fans... feel free to make a thread.

Fifthly, DO NOT go into every thread and just disagree with people, you can disagree with someone as long as one, you back it up and two, your not in a shipper thread.

Sixthly, everyone read the rules when they joined, and everyone should be well aware that moderators are here to enforce them, but were suppose to have fun, but if people are going to ignore the rules, it kinda ruins the fun.

Seventhly, yeah, I'm making up words, SPECULATION is completely allowed and encouraged. It promotes discussion.

If I came off like a rude harsh bitch I do apologize but I'm pretty disgusted that the last 4 times I've been able to get online I've been reading garbage, and it saddens me to see this kind of stuff going on since we've come so far. I mean seriously, those of you that have been here know earlier this year we were a very small group with maybe 150 posts a week, things have really picked up and I want them to continue to, but they certainly won't with the negativity.

So please everyone after you read this, do respond. Even if it's just to say you read it. Also if I missed anything, because I might have, this is the thread to say it in.

Thanks,
Crystal
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS

Last edited by Mysteria; 10-13-2011 at 10:20 PM
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the reminder Crystal.

I don't know if I'm guilty on all counts, but I'm pretty sure I somehow indirectly posted spoilers without properly tagging them, so I apologize.

There was this slight confrontation about a source, but it has been settled one way or another.

The main confrontation was on the topic of speculation, and I don't think it matters if we speculate because that's one way we can start topics to discuss on, and just saying "There's no proof yet" or "Unconfirmed" ruins the mood - I don't know if everybody feels the same way. I find it rather disrespectful to constantly say things like this especially in a board that lives off on speculation. Yes, most of the things we talk about in this board is unconfirmed, but doesn't everybody know that?

I'm not trying to start anything here, I just want to clarify this, and I don't want anyone bashing on someone's opinion. So let's just respect one another.

|| Mitchell ღ Kate ||

Last edited by iamraine89; 10-13-2011 at 10:24 PM
iamraine89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

The spoilers wasn't even a big thing but pretty much anything I saw I mentioned since after catching up I was beyond agitated to see people saying they might leave the board because of the way certain posters are behaving.

Actually edited in the spoilers and speculation thing. Knew I forgot something.

So this thread is pretty much the final warning, because really how many times does the same thing have to be said. I'm done saying it. It's not fair to everyone else here.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 10-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't want anyone leaving the board either. We've already made quite a bond, so it saddens me that some are thinking about leaving.

|| Mitchell ღ Kate ||
iamraine89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:43 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks of bringing it up one last time to make everything clear one last time.

I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I love being here. I have a lot of fun here of fun.You mods do a great job. Thanks for that.

But I also can understand why people don't want to post here. A forum live with it's communication. The speculation keeps it alive. If we would only talk about what we know it would be really boring here.

I hope we get back on track and be awesome again.
Welcome to the world, CAB ~ Icon ~ Linda
*Willy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:27 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm sort of new here on this board, but I like it and you are all awesome and friendly.
Lewisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Crystal this is very helpful to us and this board. Also, we have a great HIMYM spoiler thread in the spoiler section of this forum that never is touched so if anybody wants to descuss spoilers please do so on that thread.

Shari
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Absolute Fan

I had a question.. are the any sites we're not allowed to link to when we post like press releases and stuff? I was thinking a long the terms of live journals and things like that?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

I totally love Crystal, lay down the law, ma capitaine!! It's ridiculous that people get mad when there's a disagreement. I've had several disagreements with some of the members and mods, but I'm here to stay. Keep up the good work, yo.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^I don't think there's anything wrong with that, people link to sites such as livejournal all the time, as long as you specify if spoilers are included then, and they're posted in the appropriate thread then that's fine

THANK YOU Crystal for this, I have been having wonky internet all week so my online time has been limitted and it's been frustrating spending the time I had online thinking of the proper response to give to some posts, I really genuinly love all of the posters here, last year when I first started posting the board was surviving on two maybe three posters and it was close closure but now we have this amazing community here, I'd hate to see anything ruin that for us, so thanks again for the reminder

Disagreements are fine, having different opinions is not only normal but IMO actually fun, it can lead to some nice discussion going on, we just have to be respectful of each others opinions

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
s e r e n i t y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Livejournal is fine... the only thing you can't link to is other message boards.
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Old 10-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Ah, thanks. I knew it was something and wasn't sure if live journal was it.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've read it, Crystal, and thanks to you and Sheida for everything you do here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linn_lewisa (View Post)
I had a question.. are the any sites we're not allowed to link to when we post like press releases and stuff? I was thinking a long the terms of live journals and things like that?
As far as I know, any site that has posted an official press release is fine, as long as, like Crystal said, it's not a message board and it doesn't have download links or anything like that. But correct me if I'm wrong.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you Crystal for clearing this whole mess up.

I really enjoy posting and especially speculating about HIMYM on this board.
We don't know anything for certain, but because of that we love it. Would be boring, if we'd knew anything, wouldn't it?
And it's okay when people disagree, because a different point of view is always helpful, but only if the person give reasons why he or she is of that opinion.
And constantly posting the same thing is definitely not helpful, but annoying.

But there are many lovely people here, so I would never even think about leaving this board. I've only been here a few month and already feel like home.
Thank you all for making this board an awesome one
Greetings from Svenja & Barney (the one in my ava)
Take the Leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for Posting this, I must admit that I'm one of those that was thinking of leaving the Thread I get that we all have our own opinions that is actually a Great thing but being Constantly ridiculed for being a Barney and Robin Shipper in the Barney and Robin Thread was slightly off putting for me I'm glad to see something is being done about it.
SaraSidleStokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread