Old 03-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

idek anymore.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

S T A R D U S T
Old 03-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm here for the finale with few expectations. I was not heavily invested in this production so i'm not too disappointed. Truthfully I think it's a good thing BE has to eat a little crow. He basked in the lordship fans awarded him a little too much. Skins US was not a failure because of 'haters.' It was a failure because it was terrible. That opinion was cemented when inspired by Cadie,Michelle and Tina's episodes I attempted a full series rewatch. That didn't go over very well. Tony may be the worst lead ever chosen. How they could pair someone of his stature next to someone who looks like Aphrodite's daughter is a mystery for the ages. Tea was an overall flop in story because she did not deliver. Her fans were promised a five star restaurant but the party was diverted to a greasy spoon with multiple health and safety violations. Rainbow warrior lesbians do not sleep with dudes. To be frank,she is not that great an actress either. Hot does not equal talent.

My favorite out of all this is Britne Oldford proving a legion of haters wrong and staying classy while doing it. Girl has talent and model presence. She is fine! She may not 'break' but I can see her getting enough work to live a better than average life financially. Rachel to me is one of the most incredible human beings i have ever seen. Her height,facial structure and skin tone. Her 'skinny curvy' build.the way she moves and that voice....her EYES.it's dizzying. That sort of beauty is certifiably dangerous. She is too fine. She has to break. She has to. My goodness. That girl is killing me dead. I'm also glad the two ladies I gravitate towards on this show are competent actresses with potential to be stars.

Blah.

Dakota Blue Richards. MyBliss Interview.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:10 AM
Extreme Fan

All that Ninja wrote below. ALL. OF. THAT. IS. TRUE
Old 03-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm really only going to watch this because I saw most of the other episodes. I don't really have high hopes though. What do you guys think, will it even get another season? Does anyone even know what the ratings have been like? Haven't heard anything about ratings since week 3 or something..
The only episodes I could actually get through without thinking, 'Why the HELL am I watching this??' were Stanley, Michelle and Tina's. Even though I think Britne is doing a pretty good job, her's and Tea's were probably my least favourite ones.
OH YEAH, and I hated Abbud's SO much! That was the worst one, I take back what I said about Cadie and Tea's.. The puking scene was just terrible in that...

But yeah, back to this episode... the only things I'm really interested in seeing are; how they deal with the last few minutes of the episode (how closely will it follow the original?), how they deal with the Cadie/Stanley thing, and is Eura as pointless as I think she is at this moment.
Sorry for the semi-rant

Old 03-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

this is going to be hilarious
Old 03-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

excited. Eura can't be tamed.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Truthfully I think it's a good thing BE has to eat a little crow. He basked in the lordship fans awarded him a little too much. Skins US was not a failure because of 'haters.' It was a failure because it was terrible. That opinion was cemented when inspired by Cadie,Michelle and Tina's episodes I attempted a full series rewatch. That didn't go over very well. Tony may be the worst lead ever chosen. How they could pair someone of his stature next to someone who looks like Aphrodite's daughter is a mystery for the ages. Tea was an overall flop in story because she did not deliver. Her fans were promised a five star restaurant but the party was diverted to a greasy spoon with multiple health and safety violations. Rainbow warrior lesbians do not sleep with dudes. To be frank,she is not that great an actress either. Hot does not equal talent.
I ........ agree?

I can't believe I actually agree with you.

Quote:
I'm really only going to watch this because I saw most of the other episodes. I don't really have high hopes though. What do you guys think, will it even get another season? Does anyone even know what the ratings have been like? Haven't heard anything about ratings since week 3 or something..
The ratings have hovered above and below the 1 million mark, which isn't really a good thing, especially considering the pilot brought in 3 million viewers. Then again, Gossip Girl is frequently beaten in ratings by PLL (and PLL brings in only about 3-4 million), and GG is still around, so maybe MTV will keep Skins for a S2 despite the low ratings. I really hope NOT though, because S1 was worst than any of my lowest expectations. But maybe MTV will keep them around to keep the time slot filled. Idk, but in my opinion, they should just end it now. Most likely viewership will be even lower for S2 because people aren't going to give a **** with a 9-month wait for new episodes.
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 03-21-2011 at 08:52 AM
Old 03-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPenguinOnSkis (View Post)
I'm here for the finale with few expectations. I was not heavily invested in this production so i'm not too disappointed. Truthfully I think it's a good thing BE has to eat a little crow. He basked in the lordship fans awarded him a little too much. Skins US was not a failure because of 'haters.' It was a failure because it was terrible. That opinion was cemented when inspired by Cadie,Michelle and Tina's episodes I attempted a full series rewatch. That didn't go over very well. Tony may be the worst lead ever chosen. How they could pair someone of his stature next to someone who looks like Aphrodite's daughter is a mystery for the ages. Tea was an overall flop in story because she did not deliver. Her fans were promised a five star restaurant but the party was diverted to a greasy spoon with multiple health and safety violations. Rainbow warrior lesbians do not sleep with dudes. To be frank,she is not that great an actress either. Hot does not equal talent.

My favorite out of all this is Britne Oldford proving a legion of haters wrong and staying classy while doing it. Girl has talent and model presence. She is fine! She may not 'break' but I can see her getting enough work to live a better than average life financially. Rachel to me is one of the most incredible human beings i have ever seen. Her height,facial structure and skin tone. Her 'skinny curvy' build.the way she moves and that voice....her EYES.it's dizzying. That sort of beauty is certifiably dangerous. She is too fine. She has to break. She has to. My goodness. That girl is killing me dead. I'm also glad the two ladies I gravitate towards on this show are competent actresses with potential to be stars.

Blah.
nothing more to add.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Extreme Fan

The ratings for this season so far:

List of Skins (North American TV series) episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmidnightx (View Post)
The ratings have hovered above and below the 1 million mark, which isn't really a good thing, especially considering the pilot brought in 3 million viewers. Then again, Gossip Girl is frequently beaten in ratings by PLL (and PLL brings in only about 3-4 million), and GG is still around, so maybe MTV will keep Skins for a S2 despite the low ratings. I really hope NOT though, because S1 was worst than any of my lowest expectations. But maybe MTV will keep them around to keep the time slot filled. Idk, but in my opinion, they should just end it now. Most likely viewership will be even lower for S2 because people aren't going to give a **** with a 9-month wait for new episodes.
THIS. I find it hard to get back into PLL after, what, like a 3-4 month wait? There's no way viewers are going to care about any of their storylines 9 months from now. Especially since (according to the ratings) not too many care right now.

Not to mention the loss of advertisers/sponsors. I just don't even know if it's worth it for MTV.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Imagine my disappointment when I came in here and saw that Scott Smith was directing the episode.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenThirteen1121 (View Post)
Imagine my disappointment when I came in here and saw that Scott Smith was directing the episode.