Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hardly think Haley was stupid for what she did. Again, it's sooo much easier for a viewer to say something like that, but I'm sorry, after getting the info about Hotch being dead, you can't really expect her to think straight, which was why Foyet told her that in the first place. Then there's the fact that it was coming from Sam's cellphone, and he knew it was her and without knowing he called all those other numbers, you'd assume he'd have to have known the case number. Plus, she had already been moved because of making calls, if I remember correctly, so not calling someone makes sense. Foyet was pretty convincing, if you ask me. Plus, it's witness protect, you don't have time to ask questions and stuff like that. If I was important enough to be in witness protection, I for one would trust/think that the CIA wouldn't be lame enough to let the guy after me get to me so easily.

I was always kinda indifferent to Haley - my Andie love made it impossible for me to dislike her - but omg, that sceneeeeeeeeeeeee. I totally cried, and I never cry. SIGH. I don't know how Hotch will ever get over that. But I'm SO glad they had her tell him that he didn't sign up for it either! She knew! I wish there was an ILY there, though. But I guess that'd be too cliche. TG and MM just rocked that scene so freaking hard. I was just so tense and uncomfortable and gah. Thomas Gibson most definitely better be getting at least an Emmy nom for this!
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely agree with everything. And to be honest, I don't think Haley ever fully understood the dimension of Foyet's abilities. How could she, even the team couldn't figure out what he would do before it was too late.

And omg, your icon is heartbreaking :~
Old 11-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

I think that's what goes towards making Hayley's behaviour more believable - Hotch never told her what was going on, just that she had to go into witness protection for her safety, and that of Jack. Without all the details it would be impossible for her to be properly paranoid.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm extremely confused about how many people seem to have dropped the ball in this episode. It seems to me when you have the FBI and all of its resources at your disposal you should be able to protect an individual much better than they did Haley. They knew where she was and they knew what was happening.
That felt a bit off for me too but I guess they needed to bend the rules for the storyline of Haley's death. I was surprised there wasn't a better protection for her and Jack, I mean what can one man do? And I would have thought that after she has thrown her cell phone away, a team would check on her, try to find her. I can't believe they wouldn't track her moves, especially that it was the family of a FBI member. As for calling law enforcement, I don't think they would arrive there on time but it was weird that the team, knowing where Foyet is going, wouldn't call for back up, for other units. It felt a bit odd but I let that one slip because the scenes we got where amazing. Thomas broke my heart with his acting.

Quote:
One last thing, maybe it's me, but I didn't buy Agent Strauss' sympathy for Hotch tonight. She's been on a crusade to ruin Hotch and the team since the introduction of her character. I think she got exactly what she wanted in this episode and she was just trying to act human because others were in the room.
I don't think it was fake, I think she was sincere. She may have come across as harsh during the interviews with the other members but she neede to find out the truth, to know whether Hotch was still capable of doing his job, since he let his emotions take control. And in the end all the people left and she was still sincere. She is rather cold but this was a different situation, it wasn't like before.

Quote:
my Andie love made it impossible for me to dislike her
Same here. Oh Andie.

And I don't blame Haley for her behaviour, I think it was actually natural and believable. She got a terrible message about the love of her life, she wasn't thinking straight and why should she question a phone call from Sam's phone?

Quote:
But I'm SO glad they had her tell him that he didn't sign up for it either! She knew! I wish there was an ILY there, though. But I guess that'd be too cliche.
I loved all the things she told him in that scene. And they might have not actually said ILY but it was there, it was clear that they still loved each other. Hotch will never get over this.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 11-27-2009 at 07:58 AM
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
I hardly think Haley was stupid for what she did. Again, it's sooo much easier for a viewer to say something like that, but I'm sorry, after getting the info about Hotch being dead, you can't really expect her to think straight, which was why Foyet told her that in the first place. Then there's the fact that it was coming from Sam's cellphone, and he knew it was her and without knowing he called all those other numbers, you'd assume he'd have to have known the case number. Plus, she had already been moved because of making calls, if I remember correctly, so not calling someone makes sense. Foyet was pretty convincing, if you ask me. Plus, it's witness protect, you don't have time to ask questions and stuff like that. If I was important enough to be in witness protection, I for one would trust/think that the CIA wouldn't be lame enough to let the guy after me get to me so easily.
uh yea, i've been held at gun point before, so i pretty much can relate to the place your mind goes when absolute fear sets in. doesn't mean all logic has to go out the window at the very moment danger presents itself. that said, i just can't believe that a person in protective custody could be so unaware of the lengths a serial killer will go to to kill. i mean, YOUR IN PROTECTIVE CUSTODY FOR FREAKIN OUT LOUD!!! even if the whole bit about ditching the cell phone and tracing the number and blahblah sounds convincing, i find it completely unfathomable that anyone would go back to their own home unprotected and alone like haley did. it's not her fault this was written so poorly though, it's bo crese's faults! plus, yea, the only thing they proved during what's his face's torture scene was that cell phones should be abolished! oh, hum, speed dial, perhaps? dun.dun.dun!
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

But it wasn't the being held at gunpoint part that caused her to mess up, she kept it together then, it was hearing Hotch was dead, that Sam was dead, that her son was in danger, etc. I don't know, the going home thing would have made some sense to me - go to a place she knows, where she'd be comfortable, that's not wide in the open where Foyet could see her.

What I want to know is why the hell she was close enough to home to just go there?! Shouldn't she have been really far away?! Honestly, the CIA failed. Strauss should have been interviewing them to find out why the hell they suck so much, instead of Hotch!
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

to me the moment she heard hotch was dead was the moment danger set it, but i guess there has to be a physical threat present to really grasp the concept of being totally effed! and i thought foyet told her to go home.

honestly, there were COUNTLESS plot holes that lacked so much continuity. they should have spanned this ep to two to make it all work, but alas.

on a side note, how awesome is it that the writer for this ep is listed as an pseudonym? i find this fact incredibly endearing, especially since it was written into the ep.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It wasn't the CIA it was US marshals office, they are two completely different government departments. Just to be pedantic!
la villanelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yup. US Marshals are in charge of Witness Protection. Not the CIA.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

they probably watched in plain sight for inspiration!
Old 11-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha.
la villanelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I watching this episode now, and I'm broken! Never an episode makes me cry, and look I'm big fan for House
I loved Prentiss and your attitude, she's so brave and loyal. Actually all team is a real unit, for me, this is the most important thing in this show, loyalty is a strong factor in these characters
jlpatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Oh my god, Hailey died???? Someone stopped my PVR recording so I missed it.

God, that's so sad.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yup, it was very sad. I think it's on YT though. Maybe someone can post it in here.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:51 AM
Master Fan

I bawled during the end scenes!!

Just bawled!

Such a great ending though, great episode too!

Thank god the Reaper is dead!!
Reply   Post New Thread