Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pretty Little Liars #1: Because we all have our secrets to keep.

Pretty Little Liars

In the exclusive Philadelphia suburb of Rosewood, Alison is the Queen Bee of her elite seventh grade hive. BFs Aria, Hanna, Spencer, and Emily vie for her attention, even as each of them hides a hideous secret only Alison knows. So when Alison goes missing after a slumber party, never to be seen again, each girl is heartbroken, but also a little relieved. Now it is three years later, and though the four girls have grown apart, they are each still hiding something. Artsy Aria is carrying on an affair with one of her teachers, fashionista Hanna shoplifts to accessorize her trendy outfits, blue-blood Spencer is sleeping with her older sister’s boyfriend, while straight-A Emily is trying to ignore her attraction to a new female classmate. When the girls begin receiving threatening text messages and emails that from someone known only as "A," they must confront the fact that against all odds, it appears Alison is back. Could Alison still be alive? And if so, why is she so determined to uncover all their dirty little secrets?

Quote:
Laura Leighton and Alexis Denisof have joined the cast of ABC Family's hourlong pilot "Pretty Little Liars." Ashley Benson, newcomer Shay Mitchell, Jean Louisa Kelly and Nia Peeples also have been cast in "Liars," joining Lucy Hale and Troian Bellisario.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Passionate Fan

amazing bookseries
how are there not more fans
though im not looking forward to the show :/

Old 02-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw why not? The show is why I started reading the books
Old 02-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Passionate Fan

im always worried that shows and movies wont stay true to the series, and the actors wont be right at all, they dont look like it that much. granted alot of time im wrong, like the gossip girl series is amazing but sometimes (like twilight) itdoesnt work out

Old 02-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I'm not gonna worry about it just yet. I read the pilot script and it stayed pretty faithful to the 1st book
Old 03-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Go here to talk about the show....

http://www.fanforum.com/f15/pretty-l...time-62944437/

Old 04-27-2010, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just saw the sneek peak of the new show and then found out that there's abook series.. now I sooo want to read it

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 05-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Please everyone join this campagin so we can try and get Pretty Little Liars a board here on !

http://www.fanforum.com/f50/pretty-l...ssed-62944734/

Thank you!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I had it in my head that I wanted to read these books before the show came out... but I think I'm one of like a bunch of people that have that idea in their head because I ended up being #18 in line to check the book out of the library. So I'm pretty much thinking that's not gonna happen. And then there weren't any in my closest half-price so I might end up checking Amazon or something because right now I really wanna read it... urgh!

Chrissy |
Old 05-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Supreme Fan

I've never read this series but after seeing the promo and hearing a little more about it since the tv show is coming out I think it looks interesting. I may have to try to read it sometime soon.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:47 AM
Elite Fan

Since the show starts next month, I decided to read the book series.
It's sooo good! I've just started the 5th book today.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Ive just started reading the series (for the same reason as everyone else it seems, because the show looks kick ass) and they are really really good. Im actually really surprised that ABC picked up a show based on these books. ABC wise there pretty risqué. Ive just started the second book, and im going to get the third and forth from the library today.

I like each girl's storyline except for Hanna's, maybe that will change with this book.
Jess
Old 05-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary_Vanity (View Post)
Ive just started reading the series (for the same reason as everyone else it seems, because the show looks kick ass) and they are really really good. Im actually really surprised that ABC picked up a show based on these books. ABC wise there pretty risqué. Ive just started the second book, and im going to get the third and forth from the library today.

I like each girl's storyline except for Hanna's, maybe that will change with this book.
Yeah I agree. The books are kinda risqué and I love it! haha. But they might tone it down a little for ABC Family. The show looks amazing though.

I thought I would bring the promo over to this thread...

Old 05-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I heard about the show a few months ago and it's produced by the same people who produce 2 of my favorite shows Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries. I knew I would love this show and I've seen promo's and it looks amazing!! I read the books after I heard about the show and I loved them. The final book comes out on June 8th the same day the show premiers!! I can't wait to read the final book I just want this mystery solved!!

At first I wasn't thrilled that the show was going to be on ABC family. I don't really like their shows, no offense to those that do. I just think there kind of cheesy lol. Now I think it's a good thing the show is on ABC family because if it were on the CW or FOX ratings would matter and it could easily get cancelled. On a cable channel rating don't matter as much so the show has a better chance of survival.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Addicted Fan

The show looks really good. Are the books good?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread