Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie (View Post)
I thought Wrath would beat him to pulp in Dark Lover for showing interest in Beth I was a bit on the fence over him at first but he won me over in Lover Eternal because I enjoyed his friendship with V. I like Marissa a lot; in my head she's top to bottom beautiful!
I know, it's a wonder Wrath didn't just go ahead and kill Butch right then and there! He got lucky! And V's relationship with Butch is my favorite amongst the brothers, though it still confuses me at some times with V's thoughts about him at certain times If you know what I mean!

Quote:
My favorite book is Butch and Marissa's, though my favorite brother is Rhage
My favorite book is still Zsadist and Bella's! He's such a tortured soul! My favorite brother is prob Vishous, though I love them all!!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoison
And V's relationship with Butch is my favorite amongst the brothers, though it still confuses me at some times with V's thoughts about him at certain times
He's such an angsty character, isn't he? But all will be cleared up when you read Lover Unbound

Quote:
My favorite book is still Zsadist and Bella's! He's such a tortured soul!
True, and so is V. My heart really goes out to him when I read about his past. It was just terrible I think of all the books that in the series, LU is the only one that actually made me sad, especially after what happen to Dr. Jane towards the end of the book.

icon
Old 04-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
He's such an angsty character, isn't he? But all will be cleared up when you read Lover Unbound
He is pretty angsty, and I'm sure it gets more angsty, I just started his book so, I'm still trying to figure him out!

Quote:
True, and so is V. My heart really goes out to him when I read about his past. It was just terrible I think of all the books that in the series, LU is the only one that actually made me sad, especially after what happen to Dr. Jane towards the end of the book.
I read his first past memory, it was pretty bad! I did feel for him! God, she doesn't like, die or anything does she...don't tell me! I want to figure out for myself!
Old 04-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Elite Fan

^^ I'm not gonna spoil it for you! You have to read it yourself

Btw, does anyone here feel that John Matthew is Darius, reincarnate by the Scribe Virgin herself? I like John Matthew just fine, but I'm not sure I'm in favor of him and that sympath who works with Rehvenge (I don't remember her name )

icon
Old 04-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I believe he is! His reactions to Beth and the 'memories' or 'flashbacks' of explosions make me feel that he is. I don't think I've gotten that far with the sympath yet
Old 04-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Btw, does anyone here feel that John Matthew is Darius, reincarnate by the Scribe Virgin herself?
He is, it's pretty much canon that he is!

Quote:
I like John Matthew just fine, but I'm not sure I'm in favor of him and that sympath who works with Rehvenge (I don't remember her name )
Her name is Xhex, and I agree with you, don't like them together at all! Probably because I still see JM as a "kid" so it's just gross. Plus I don't like her.

Has anyone read the preview for Lover Avenged?
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 04-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
Her name is Xhex, and I agree with you, don't like them together at all! Probably because I still see JM as a "kid" so it's just gross.
Exactly, right?? To me, he's just a kid, along with Blay and Qhuinn. Even if Ward decided to 'transform' JM to Darius, I'll still have a hard time accepting Xhex. I have yet to warmed up to her character

Quote:
Has anyone read the preview for Lover Avenged?
I have. Hopefully it'll be better than LE

icon
Old 04-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure if i'm gonna read JM's book at all. Especially with Xhex as his shellan.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorblind (View Post)
I'm not sure if i'm gonna read JM's book at all. Especially with Xhex as his shellan.
Exactly, but I'm hoping it won't be for a while yet.

Here is the first review from Lover Avenged. It got a B-. Unfortunately, the reviewer says it's more urban fantasy than romance
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 04-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi everyone hope you don't mind me joining in.

Nonie I have to agree with you, I couldn't feel the chemistry between Phury and Cormia either. I think he was cheated really. They made his feeling about everyone but her. I'm hoping that in the next book they find a way to tie to two worlds together because it seems like Phury is worlds away from the brothers he fought with.

My favourite stories were Zsadist and Phury's and my favourite relationship would be Butch and V. Marissa didn't grow on me all that much to be honest.

Love John Matthew but I can't see how Ward is going to put him with Xhex. To me, as big as his body's gotten he's still a kid. Yes, they were in their twenties when they went through the transformation but somehow in my mind they felt like teenagers.

Looking forward to the new book though. Hope it's an improvement on Phury's story. I'm also getting the feeling that I know just who the Scribe Virgin's daughter will end up with.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

I read the book! Definitely an improvement over LE, not as good as my favourite (LA) but I really liked Rhev and his shellan, second favourite after Zsadist and Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibiscuss (View Post)
Looking forward to the new book though. Hope it's an improvement on Phury's story. I'm also getting the feeling that I know just who the Scribe Virgin's daughter will end up with.
Ohh really? I'm curious, who do you think it'll be?

Next book is gonna be JM and Xhex
Old 05-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Next book is gonna be JM and Xhex
Yeah it's kinda a given looking at how the last book ended. I'm not sure if I mind it that much as long as we get another couple in there like she did with Beth and Wrath in the last

I just read the Guide to the book and I laughed so hard Very nice scenes in there that didn't make it into the book Or the whole lets get a look inside the house when they are relax and just hang Such funny stuff in there.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm just not that interested in JM and Xhex. He has a lot of growing up to do before becoming hero-worthy, and I don't think his
Spoiler:
. Also, since he had a bit of the same experiences that Zsadist did (I mean the rape... but of course Z's is much worse), I think he should have someone more similar to Bella... someone more "soft", if you know what I mean... and Xhex is just not that kind of girl! She just makes all of his psychological issues worse with her horrible attitude.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

What I kinda fear is that she can't put another couple in there. In the last/new book we had Rev&E as the main story and Wrath&Beth as a side dish. In the new book we'll get John&Xhex and somehow Rev needs to be in there otherwise it would be weird - at least for me since he is deeply connected to her and needs to find her as badly as John. So that leaves no real place for someone else.

Ok sure she could put more of Payne in there and her getting to know Lassiter but I somehow think she'll put more focus on John's posse and I'm not so sure I really want to read that
Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

I don't think the time is right for Payne to get a love interest - no one even knows who she is! I think first there's gonna be a "big revelation" book, where everybody (or at least V) finds out who she is, then she has to decide to live in the real world, and then she can get a love interest. I don't think Ward can accomplish all that in only one book!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread