Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Supreme Fan

I sort of read them several years ago and I've asked for them for Christmas (I can't help it - I'm a collector and want them just to complete my HP collection) And it's nice that proceeds go to charity Have you read them?

I also asked for "Harry: A History" by Melissa Anelli for Christmas - it's a really interesting book about one of the HP websites and just all the hype and preparation/chaos that went into the Harry Potter series and book releases, etc.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 12-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After seeing the movie, it made me want to re-read the last book. I've just recently finished the 7th one. I had forgotten all the small humorous touches in the book, most of them by Ron. I love this sentence for some reason, "If we die for them, I'll kill you, Harry."

I'm going to the bookstore soon and I want to take a look at that Harry Potter cookbook. I've read the companion books, but I still have to read The Tales of Beedle the Bard.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:24 AM
Elite Fan

Re-reading the series soon - I've read all the books about 10 times each - completely and utterly obsessed - but I have these urges every so often to start reading them again
Old 12-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm hoping to do an entire HP re-read every year. I really love the books and like you said, Belle, there are so many humorous touches that I forget I really didn't like Ron much at all when I first read the books but with each re-read I do, I like him more and more

I like the idea of the Harry Potter cookbook, but I wish it had the butterbeer recipe...I know I can get it online and stuff, but I still wish it was in the book

By the way Belle, I love your avatar!

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 12-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

I just finished re-reading the series. I enjoyed it even more the second time around. There was so much that I had forgotten about the last book. I had forgotten all that happened with Kreacher. It's going to be kind of sad when the last movie comes out.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

@ Gabriela: No I haven't. Are they good??

Oh yes.. Ron is the best.. also in the movies.. They picked him perfectly

There's a cookbook??????

Oh yes it will be sad.. when I reread the bookd a couple of weeks ago I cried again.. and I will everytime..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^Which parts do you cry at? The cookbook's not an official one, but it seems really fun.

I liked the Kreacher subplot in the final book. It's too bad they didn't show that in the movie.

Thanks, Gabriela. Have you tried making butterbeer from the recipes online? I'm really curious as to what it would taste like, but it all seems really sweet.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
@ Gabriela: No I haven't. Are they good??
They're alright....not a story or anything but they have some interesting facts about the world of Harry Potter

Belle, I haven't made butterbeer but want to - but yeah, the recipes I've seen do seem really rich

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 12-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I wanted to see the Kreacher story in the movie too

I cried at the end and at the Epiloge when Snape dies and sometimes in between I'm an easy crier

AH I see Gabriela. Maybe I will buy them someday

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-27-2010, 05:25 AM
Absolute Fan

Its so easy to reread and reread them
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
Old 12-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

When I first read the seventh book, I teared up when Dobby died and when Harry uses the stone. Now I don't because I'm expecting it, but you're definitely not the only one.

So did you guys like the epilogue? Some people love it or hate it.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

^ I think the epilogue is perfect. Many people have criticised it for being "too clean-cut", too pretty, almost, but I think those people have lost sight of the fact that the series, although not limited to children, is ultimately aimed at a younger audience, and so Jo probably always had the idea of the happy ending in her mind when she first started writing the books. I wouldn't want it to end any other way, I honestly wouldn't. "All was well" never fails to make me cry and bring a lump to my throat - I'm welling up now!
Old 12-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

OH yes.. When Dobby did and when he used the stone.. those also were watery moments

I loooooved the epilogue.. I also think it's perfect..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Supreme Fan

I also liked the epilogue. It definitely was a "happily ever after" ending, but honestly after everything Harry and all the characters went through and with everything JKR wrote, I think a happy ending is more tan deserved

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 12-31-2010, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes.. they really deserved it.. I wouldn't have been happy with any other than a happy ending..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Closed Thread   Post New Thread