Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2003, 07:05 AM
Absolute Fan

Books you have, but have never read

hey all
well when i got the bourne identity dvd, i got The bourne suprency book free, but i have never read it, but i do plan to soon-umm maybe , cause it looks like a really good book

anyone else
Old 06-24-2003, 08:49 AM
jjt
Master Fan

My To Read book shelves are overflowing.

But on the up side .. I'm never at a loss for something new to read. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
jjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Addicted Fan

I have easily over 100 books I haven't read.
But usually after I read a book I sell it or give it away. Most of the books I have that I have already read are art, reference, and history books.

[ 06-24-2003: Message edited Crossbow ]
Crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

I always have a pile of books I have yet to read. And I constantly keep buying more. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

I have more unread books in my collection than read books. I tend to keep the books I like, so there's over 500 that I have read. The ones I haven't read keep piling up because I live near a used bookstore and I go there every week. I think I've left there empty handed maybe twice in 5 years! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

I used to do that too when I lived across the street from a great second hand book store.

I still buy quite a bunch of used books, but I have moved and the nearest store of that kind is a bit away and it has fewer open hours. I visit regularly, but not every week (or several times a week) as I used to do when I lived elsewhere.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Me too, me too!

I just moved and my new neighborhood has no library or bookstore, new or used! I plan to save a lot of money. If I want to buy a book or check one out at the library I have to do it on my lunch hour at work, which means less browsing.

In my old neighborhood, I would frequently get books at the two new books stores, the two used books stores, and the library, all in one day. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I complained to my dad that there are too many good books to keep up with, and he said, "Yeah, and people keep writing more!"
Crossbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 02:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey guys,
I have both The mirror of her dreams and A man rides through by Stephen R. Donaldson, who's a fantastic writer. But for some reason or another I've never gotten around to reading them [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

And I bought the books for .50 cents each at a sale too! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2003, 02:07 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crossbow:
<STRONG>I complained to my dad that there are too many good books to keep up with, and he said, "Yeah, and people keep writing more!"</STRONG>
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thank goodness. But love the way your Dad said that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
jjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Harry Potter 4...still haven't found the time to read it. I will...after LOTR Return of the King. ;p
Kaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Wuthering Heights. Ooh, and I never finished either the Iliad or Tolkien's Unfinished Tales. Generally I don't buy books though; yay for libraries. So while I have ridiculously long lists of books I ought to read/want to read...I don't usually buy them.
e. e. cummings - somewhere i have never traveled
elisheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jjt:
<STRONG>My To Read book shelves are overflowing.

But on the up side .. I'm never at a loss for something new to read. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
See, that is exactly my logic [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Of the several hundred books in my room, probably half I still haven't read. Maybe more. And that's not counting the books in all the other rooms [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]
Profaine Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Jay
Master Fan

the first 3 books of Harry Potter. i received those books as a gift. never read nor intend to read it.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

I have many, many books I haven't read yet. I don't even know why I bought some of them now. I try to weed through them once a year and take out the ones that just don't interest me at all and sell them. I'll read the others...someday.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by elisheva:
<STRONG>Wuthering Heights. Ooh, and I never finished either the Iliad or Tolkien's Unfinished Tales. Generally I don't buy books though; yay for libraries. So while I have ridiculously long lists of books I ought to read/want to read...I don't usually buy them.</STRONG>
I have Wuthering Heights too. Never really got around to reading it yet [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]
always open in the middle
ps_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread