Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

No problem.

And I know right? "Death in the City"?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

those 2 articles give the show a good image.

Another review though

Quote:
“Women’s Murder Club” (Oct. 12, ABC): This show entirely depends on your capacity to deal with Angie Harmon, and I can’t say I have a huge desire to see her on my TV every week. But at least this procedural, which is based on a series of novels by James Patterson about four San Francisco women who solve crimes, ticks along efficiently. Two former “Shield” producers are the head writers here, so maybe “Club” will improve on the pilot, which was fairly colorless.

Rating: Blah.

Pantagraph.com | Free Time | A highly subjective guide to new fall TV shows
Quote:
“WOMEN’S MURDER CLUB,”

8 p.m. Fridays, premieres Oct. 12

The plot: A cop, a district attorney, a medical investigator and a reporter compare notes to solve crimes. And they’re all women.

The buzz: The concept is trite and condescending — exactly why can’t these women work with their male colleagues? And the pilot does nothing to dispel that idea.

Life: Remote fantasies | plot, buzz, premieres - Gazette.com
Quote:
"Women's Murder Club"

9 p.m. Oct. 12, ABC

Angie Harmon is the lead in this formulaic police procedural/legal drama adapted from the James Patterson books about four San Francisco women who solve crimes. If you like Harmon's acting, you may enjoy the drama a little more than we did. If you don't, well, it's just more cops, robbers, lawyers and reporters.

Rating: Fair

South Bend Tribune: Getting primed for new prime-time season
Quote:
"Women's Murder Club" (8 p.m. Fridays starting Oct. 12, WLS-Channel 7): This is really just a good-cop, bad-guy show starring Angie Harmon, but the debut is well made for what it is. For once, all the detectiving protagonists are women -- a prosecutor, a journalist and other females with snooping skills. They also help each other personally instead of backstabbing, which is a welcome relief on TV. It's a sappy process at its worst, but solid and traditional at its core for fans of the genre.

Where have all the good shows gone? :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Doug Elfman
Quote:
Women's Murder Club Fridays, ABC. Gal pals solve murders in their spare time. Deadly dull.

Charlotte Observer | 09/16/2007 | Femme TV
Sadly it's not all good..

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 09-17-2007 at 03:22 AM
Old 09-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Oh dear that doesn't sound good.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Old 09-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

Oh, that really doesn't sound too good.

Hmm. They've only seen the pilot so far, I assume? Maybe this is one of the shows that takes a little time to get into.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope that's the case.. and it sometimes really is.. That if you've seen a few episodes and you look back onto the pilot and see that it wasn't the show's best episode. I hope that's the same for this show..

Just 2 more weeks till the premiere! It's finally coming!

Old 09-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww man, for the bad reviews.

Sometimes it takes at least a few episodes for as a show to finally start reaching some of it's potential. Usually, pilots are never a great example of how good a show can be. Once in a while, -- sure -- you can find a really amazing pilot, but most of the time, it takes a few episodes to let the show grow into something good. Once you get the know the characters more the storylines and plot are layed out, things can really improve. The only problem that's why shows are usually axed so early. Their never given enough time to reach their true potential. Hopefully, ABC will try to give it a fair shot.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 09-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes & Wine (View Post)
The only problem that's why shows are usually axed so early. Their never given enough time to reach their true potential. Hopefully, ABC will try to give it a fair shot.
Exactly.

And hopefully viewers will give the show a second chance, if the pilot doesn't "hook" them.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope so too!

Angie Harmon will be on Jimmy Kimmel October 17th according to the ABC website

On the premiere night there's a live blog with author James Patterson on the ABC website.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, very interesting.

I came across this on TV GUIDE.com

Quote:
The entire pilot for ABC's new Friday night procedural The Women's Murder Club has been reshot. Why? Apparently, it was a little too mysterious for fans to follow. Executive producer Joe Simpson, tells TV Guide that there were too many characters and too many murders in the first attempt to turn James Patterson's best-selling novels about crime-solving female buddies into a TV series. "We tried to cover too much too early," Jessica and Ashlee's dad says. So one of the books' characters, Yuki Castellano (played by Elisabeth Ho) has been written out, and a simpler homicide written in. The version that will debut on October 12 is darker and more grisly as well.

Although Patterson is a writer on the series, the only storyline expected to be copied from his novels is an ongoing search for a — what else — serial killer. In other changes, Rob Estes (CSI:Miami) has replaced the less-known Christopher Wiehl as the former hubby of cop Lindsay Boxer, played by series star Angie Harmon. And Kyle Secor (Commander In Chief) has a recurring role as a public defender. Patterson and Simpson are also developing another of the prolific author's mysteries into a TV series. "It's one of his first books called The Midnight Club," says Simpson. "It's about a young detective in a wheelchair, who plays Murderball and has a love life." Somewhere, Ironside is smiling.
Women's Murder Club Kills Its First Pilot - TV Guide News Report | TVGuide.com
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 09-29-2007, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

wow they reshot the entire pilot.. That's interesting!
Thnx for bringing that over!

Old 09-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the latest news

The four women who play the main characters were also featured in this month's InStyle magazine. They model the latest make up trends, if I remember correctly - and look absolutely beautiful doing it!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope scans will appear somewhere soon

Angie Harmon will also be on The View on October 12th

ETA:

Quote:
NFL GREAT JASON SEHORN GUEST STARS WITH REAL LIFE WIFE ANGIE HARMON ON ABC'S "WOMEN'S MURDER CLUB"

NFL analyst and retired New York Giants defensive back Jason Sehorn will guest star with his real life wife of six years and series lead, Angie Harmon, in an upcoming episode of "Women's Murder Club."

Spoiler:
Below the spoiler cut there's info on what he'll do on the show

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 10-04-2007 at 01:21 AM
Old 10-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley

CHANNEL ISLAND: ABC likes its chances in 'Murder Club' - Los Angeles Times
Old 10-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thnx for the article!
wow the next CSI? That's high expectations!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, Angie got her husband to guest-star. Cool. Although, the role isn't much of a stretch.

Re-shot the entire Pilot? Wow! That's insane. But, if it's less congested, I think they did the right thing.

James Patterson is having a live blog tonight on ABC.com

kenny | credit