Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2004, 02:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Darbi
Man, I was just over there...but I can't recall what it is. Btw...snagged a few of your avi's as you can tell. Danny looks real good in that one...thanks!
Eh, guess I'll find it when I finally get over there. Got wrapped up watching Titanic on NBC for several hours. Been a long time since I've watched it. Kinda lame for me to watch it on TV when I already have the movie, but whatever...

Glad you're enjoying the avie...think M3 made it like FOREVER ago. Really liked the way the shirt brought out his eyes in the pic...

ETA I believe I just read that story premise. As though the mixing of show with reality weren't bad enough, but character/cast swaps???

Last edited by Robotica; 09-20-2004 at 02:50 AM
Old 09-20-2004, 02:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~carissima~
I could submit about 20 for you ... but they'd be too easy to MST
Oh, we're not looking for stories to MST...(those are mailed in)...we're looking for people to help us MST the stories. The entry explaining it will be up in a minute. I just need to sift through the e-mail and pick a short one. Guh.

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey zennies! Wow, I haven't posted in here in a few days and you guys have already gotten to a new thread . I know I'm a little late on it, but I love the title Anyway, I just wanted to come by to say hi to everybody and to drop off a new animation that I made

I hope you like it. I'm probably going to make a few more tomorrow, does anybody have any requests on a certain zen moment that would be good for an animation? If you do, I'll be more than happy to make it Well, I'm heading to bed. Goodnight everyone!

The night is young
We wait for love
Upside down we dream
At home we sleep, and wait to leave
Upside down we dream
Old 09-20-2004, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just a little comment...

~ColieOlie~ That's a cool animation. Mila's hair looks so cute. Why did she cut it?
Old 09-20-2004, 05:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey Zennies

I don't necessarily think that the J/H fics are getting worse, its just that there are less and less good ones cough, hint, hint. The idea of ficsnobs is good though.

I am wrighting one myself, I think i'm on the 4th draft. It still needs some tweeking, and will need betaing. V. V. nervous about posting it now.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

long time no post

I just watched the 2nd epi and loved the J/H cuteness. After the disappointment that was season six, I didn't really expect much from this season. A few comments and I'm out...

Is it just me or did Mila get smaller? She is one tiny little thing!

I hate Jackie's character deterioration. What happened to mature S5 Jackie? J/H verbal interaction sucks because it's too old (think: nagging shrew of a wife, lazy bum of a husband) for a hot young couple! Jackie is shallow, Hyde puts up with it. I don't like it. What saves the couple is the unscripted aspect of their onscreen dynamic. The way Hyde holds Jackie when she sits on his lap. The way Jackie links her arm through Hyde's. Adorable little relationship-y things. I think those things are more Mila/Danny than they are Jackie/Hyde, though.

Jackie and Hyde talking in the basement! Eh. I didn't like how they were sitting. It'd be better if Hyde just held Jackie on the couch while they talked. You know... like Eric does with Donna in every other episode that ever aired.

Do we ever get to see the inside of Hyde's room again? I wonder if it's still decorated.

Sorry, zennies. I don't think we are ever going to know whether or not J/H have done the deed. It seems like no one really gives a damn about it except for obsessed fans like ourselves. Haha. We should write up a petition.

Um, haven't been keeping up with That '70s Show fandom since last season so I don't know what's going on in the fanfic world. Good things I hope? I'm back in school now so I should be swinging by here more often. I have to download all the episodes this season because I work Wednesday nights. Oh, and I don't have a TV. Hee.

Good to see the zennie community is still going strong! What've I missed this summer? Any fan stuff I can join in on? Feel free to PM (or email) me because I'm pretty sure you guys'll go through, like, five threads by the time I come back here.

Take care, zennies!

ps: Nice animation Colie Olie!
Old 09-20-2004, 11:00 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Airie75
I don't think they did it in season 5 (continuing discussion I started JUST because I can) because just before they broke up, he gave her that "I wanna do it" smile and she said no. The circumstances of that suggested they were still each other-virgins. And then once you're in season 6...the privacy and intimacy of that last scene in "Christmas" fit the best. Plus, Jackie likes to do that waiting thing-like she did / Kelso-so I don't think she woulda jumped right in with him.
I think that J/H have done it ever since they first started making out during the Price is Right. In "Going to California" Jackie said something like "these last few weeks with you have been really dirty and really wrong". If they were just making out then "really wrong" would have sufficed, but since the "really dirty" part was said I got the impression that, at the least, some third base action happened. Personally I think that the J/H relationship is the classic "just for sex" relationship that turned into something more meaningful.

Oh, about season 6 and the lack/shortage of J/H interaction in some episodes, here are my thoughts on it. If you take season6 ep18, and use a little bit of deductive logic...

It was established that when D/E starts talking about their wedding around Jackie, Jackie starts to pester Hyde about it which makes Hyde say that they're not getting married which makes Jackie kick him in the shins ala "ep604 - The Acid Queen".

With this in mind its conceivable that all the times that J/H haven't been "interacting" in season six was because just prior to us "seeing them" (ie between the lines/scenes) Jackie kicked Hyde on the shin because of his response to her wedding plans. I don't know about you, but if this happened to me things would be icy for a while, hence you get episodes like "ep 609 - Young Man Blues" where J/H barely acknowledge each other.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Luci, Collie Ollie's animation is the FA I was talking about....so cute. Thanks Collie.

Oh, and hello to all newbies , I've been meaning to say hey for a minute now. Welcome to the love, man.

Girlminivan, yeah I think you're right. If it weren't for the unscripted on-screen chemistry from D/M...J/H would have long since played out for me. The writers have screwed these two up so bad as far as relationship growth goes it's just embarrassing. With everything Jackie's character went through during S5...(besides it just being time for her character to make a jump) she should have shrugged off some of that shallowness.

Oh, a brewin'....

You know...there aren't many S6 in-between moment fics out there. I realize that inspiration was little...but since none of us were particularly satisfied with what didn't happen...why not (if you're a writer trying to figure out what to write about J/H-wise) write some in-between the shows relationship growth stories. (Man, that was a mouth full) No? Yes? Should I shut-up now? Probably....
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 09-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Darbi
Luci, Collie Ollie's animation is the FA I was talking about....so cute. Thanks Collie.

Oh, and hello to all newbies , I've been meaning to say hey for a minute now. Welcome to the love, man.

Girlminivan, yeah I think you're right. If it weren't for the unscripted on-screen chemistry from D/M...J/H would have long since played out for me. The writers have screwed these two up so bad as far as relationship growth goes it's just embarrassing. With everything Jackie's character went through during S5...(besides it just being time for her character to make a jump) she should have shrugged off some of that shallowness.

Oh, a brewin'....

You know...there aren't many S6 in-between moment fics out there. I realize that inspiration was little...but since none of us were particularly satisfied with what didn't happen...why not (if you're a writer trying to figure out what to write about J/H-wise) write some in-between the shows relationship growth stories. (Man, that was a mouth full) No? Yes? Should I shut-up now? Probably....
Darbi when you win at hangman you have to start the next puzzle...get to it!

So, I am so beyond tired of worrying about the fact that Jackie is shallow. I just think that the writers are trying to get back to the original feeling of the show. Granted we hate early days Jackie, but we have to admit that she's not THAT bad!

Icon by Me.
~Deej is fine~
Old 09-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

I think, so far, S7 Jackie is a mix between S1-4 Jackie and S5 Jackie, in terms of shallowness. Sure, things she says are much more shallow than S5 Jackie, but she does nice things that S1-4 Jackie would never have done (sticking up for Hyde, reassuring him about not having a dad ... )
Old 09-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think, so far, S7 Jackie is a mix between S1-4 Jackie and S5 Jackie, in terms of shallowness. Sure, things she says are much more shallow than S5 Jackie, but she does nice things that S1-4 Jackie would never have done (sticking up for Hyde, reassuring him about not having a dad ... )
I suppose...but I think it's sad that the writers are choosing to recapture seasons past in that aspect. What happened to forward progression? Keeping in mind the believiblity of these twenty-something actors playing these teenagers? Certain things just don't fly anymore. Like Eric running into the kitchen yelling: "Mommy, mommy...I think I got Donna pregnant!" When has Eric ever called Kitty 'Mommy' when it wasn't in jest? The same goes for Jackie blurting out Hyde not having to worry about working for money since his dad is rich. She knows this man could care less about that and talk about inappropriate? I don't know...maybe I'm being too critical.

Anyways....off to think of a quote since DJ ever so kindly informed me that since I solved the last one...I have to start the next.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...

Last edited by Darbi; 09-20-2004 at 03:06 PM
Old 09-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

The way I figure, the writers are gonna write whatever they want, and I just look for the good things that they chose to throw out. All of us want the S5 magic back, but it's time to realise that it's probably never gonna happen (okay, whats the betting that the next episode is some fabulous S5-esque episode now I've said that?! ) Yeah, I wish! I just can't complain about what they've done to the characters anymore, because otherwise I'd give up on the show completely. Looking on the bright side is all I'm doing, and all I have been doing, since the S6 debacle

I feel a Monty Python moment coming on ....

*Always look on the bright side of life. Ba dum, ba dum, ba dum ba dum ba dum ...

Old 09-20-2004, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Well, let me borrow some of your optimism...because I'm running on fumes right now.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Running on fumes? Does that mean you're fuming mad or hitting the good stuff?
Old 09-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Running on fumes? Does that mean you're fuming mad or hitting the good stuff?
Unfortunately, fuming mad... Gave up the other stuff years ago. Ah, the memories...