Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Guess we were wrong about the error.

Calm.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhills90210 (View Post)
i think you are a bit blind to recognize that i didn't even make an error...

most of the title cards that i used in my vid i made myself...so calm down
Sorry but I wasn't getting distressed about it said it was an awesome idea, it's just somebody else seems to have had the exact same idea as you even some of the cards were the exact same words.

Heres a link to it: YouTube - Kelly and Dylan Trailer

I enjoyed your video though
Old 10-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Time to and ...

Old 10-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kisses all round

Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtz_BV (View Post)
Sorry but I wasn't getting distressed about it said it was an awesome idea, it's just somebody else seems to have had the exact same idea as you even some of the cards were the exact same words.

Heres a link to it: YouTube - Kelly and Dylan Trailer

I enjoyed your video though
its okay...i admit i only used some of the title cards...but most of the cards towards the middle and end of the vid i made myself

campaign + visit: Party Of Five & amanda seyfried
Old 10-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hehe cool Like I said I enjoyed your video

Now back to smushy Dy/K moments

Old 10-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, the pic in #64 ... I LOVE that scene for some reason, even if she is trying to "persuade" him. Dylan was NOT obligated to fund Lucinda's project. But I kinda liked K challenging his feminist politics, there. And being all cute.

Ahh, "smushy" ...

Old 10-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Okay, the pic in #64 ... I LOVE that scene for some reason, even if she is trying to "persuade" him. Dylan was NOT obligated to fund Lucinda's project. But I kinda liked K challenging his feminist politics, there. And being all cute.

Ahh, "smushy" ...

I'll refrain from using the "smushy" word

I am so amazed you remember every episode in detail, you must have watched each episode at least 10 times each

Damn run out of pics Wish I had every epidode on DVD, then I could do some serious capping
Old 10-16-2007, 06:55 PM
New Fan

YUM!!! Kisses and Hugs!!! XOXOXOXOXO!!

Dylan (to Kelly): You got a passport?
Kelly: Why? You want me to come with you?
Dylan: No, I wanna borrow it.

SNARK! I love it!

Quote:
Ahh, "smushy" ...

I second that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scirocco (View Post)
Just watched "One Wedding and A Funeral" where Brandon reads a telegram from Brenda in London congratulating Dylan on his marriage to Toni.

"I guess that settles the whole Brenda/Kelly situation."

Geez. Even though she was already off the show, she still bugged the crap outta me.

HAH! If only she knew that Dylan and Toni's love was doomed and that, despite the fact he meets up with her in London, his heart has always belonged to Kelly.
Brought my quote over from the anti-Brenduh thread cuz I wanted to elaborate and it was really more appropriate for Dy/K. Plus, the ep is still fresh in my head.

Even though it looked like Dylan moved on quick from Kelly by marrying someone else, I don't think he really did. As sweet and as tragic and as genuine his love for Toni might have been, I still think he downplayed his feelings for Kelly while he was with her for two reasons: 1) out of respect and genuine love for Toni and 2) because he didn't want to keep looking like a fool pining away for Kelly when it seemed for all intents and purposes that she was happy with Colin.
  1. Even after traveling all by his lonesome, he still wanted her back at the beginning of season 1.
  2. When Kel reached out and touched his face (at the party where they were destroying Casa Walsh) and told him she was worried about him, he flinched and moved his head away -- cuz it hurt too much for her to touch him when she pretty much said she didn't want him anymore.
  3. He focused all his energy on finding his father's killer to get his mind off the fact that Kelly moved on.
  4. When he and Toni announced their engagement to the gang, he still only had eyes for Kelly, watching her reaction.
  5. When they were helping out at the Peach Pit, Colin told Dylan that he and Toni had the right idea about moving to Hawaii and kind of hinted he wouldn't mind living there, too. And Dylan said, "It's a big state." SNARK!

Remember when I said in one of my earlier posts that if Kelly had known for sure that Dylan's invitation to travel with him around the world meant he wanted to be with her forever, she wouldn't have said no? (I'm pretty sure Mel does! ) Well, in Earthquake Weather, when Dylan says, "I asked you first, remember?" she had a brief stunned look on her face and then she looked down on the ground, as if realizing too late that the trip had been Dylan's way of "proposing" to her.

Personally, I felt that Kelly really held back her true feelings when it came to Dylan, partly because she was always afraid he didn't really mean it and partly because she didn't know how to handle it cuz she'd never loved anyone before like she loved him. The sad part was I think her desire NOT to hurt Brandon far outweighed her desire to take happiness into her own hands and be with Dylan. Which is why she made the ultimate sacrifice and gave them both up.

I don't know why I went off on that tangent....
Old 10-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You must have watched each episode at least 10 times each
You need to add a few more zeros to that number. Like, seriously. But there are some seasons (outside of S1-S5) where I can watch and it feels like the first or second time. For instance, I caught some scenes from a S6 episode today, and it was strangely enjoyable cause it was sorta *new*. And I basically haven't watched S8 since 1998, so I only remember it's weirdest moments and themes in broad strokes. Like I said earlier, I want to get a handle on S9 and S10 like I've had on the first half of the series. It's just what happens when a lot of time passes. I don't study the show or anything. Though I might have watched the classic Dy/K scenes on loop, in a sense, like when you stare at those animations.

Quote:
Wish I had every epidode on DVD, then I could do some serious capping
I threw out my tapes and got unofficial DVDs. So the quality can vary, but I do have them all. S4 can't come soon enough. Discs are sensitive too.

EDIT: That's so funny. I sent my post, and started to see yours, Katherine. I was like, 'Did I write that much?' Reading now ...
Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I threw out my tapes and got unofficial DVDs. So the quality can vary, but I do have them all. S4 can't come soon enough. Discs are sensitive too.
See thats what I need, unofficial DVD's and then I can watch everything over and over again Of course I will buy all the proper DVD's when the come out but I get withdrawls!!

Plus I thought I best post cause I know you are going to want to reply to Katherines post
Old 10-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Heh. You know me too well. But what about your reply to Katherine's post? Anyway, by the time send this, I'm sure I'll be catching up.

I remember 'withdrawals'. They're fun when they come before the rush of watching again. Do you have computer access when you're not at work? Go nuts.

Well, this might be short, actually. I agree with everything, Katherine, especially #3. Number 5 makes me want to see that episode again (I'm gonna count on you for snark now. You know that, right? ). And, uh, that flinch in #2 passed very, very fast. I'm not sure I even saw it properly. Dylan is visibly overwhelmed by his desire for her in that scene. Like nothing else matters at all.

Quote:
Well, in Earthquake Weather, when Dylan says, "I asked you first, remember?" she had a brief stunned look on her face and then she looked down on the ground, as if realizing too late that the trip had been Dylan's way of "proposing" to her.
That's how I read it.

Quote:
Personally, I felt that Kelly really held back her true feelings when it came to Dylan, partly because she was always afraid he didn't really mean it and partly because she didn't know how to handle it cuz she'd never loved anyone before like she loved him. The sad part was I think her desire NOT to hurt Brandon far outweighed her desire to take happiness into her own hands and be with Dylan. Which is why she made the ultimate sacrifice and gave them both up.
ing @ the first statement. About Brandon, though, she was already hurting him by seeing Dylan on the side (and rather nonchalantly). I think, yes, she wanted to protect their friendship, but mostly she chose herself for ... herself. To find out who she was apart from these two men whom she had loved for so long and who saw her in different ways. I thought she would be single in S6! But, alas ...
Old 10-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Even though it looked like Dylan moved on quick from Kelly by marrying someone else, I don't think he really did. As sweet and as tragic and as genuine his love for Toni might have been, I still think he downplayed his feelings for Kelly while he was with her for two reasons: 1) out of respect and genuine love for Toni and 2) because he didn't want to keep looking like a fool pining away for Kelly when it seemed for all intents and purposes that she was happy with Colin.
Oh I agree with you!! I liked him and Toni together but I always thought & knew there were still unresolved feelings between him and Kel.

Quote:
  1. Even after traveling all by his lonesome, he still wanted her back at the beginning of season 1.
  2. When Kel reached out and touched his face (at the party where they were destroying Casa Walsh) and told him she was worried about him, he flinched and moved his head away -- cuz it hurt too much for her to touch him when she pretty much said she didn't want him anymore.
  3. He focused all his energy on finding his father's killer to get his mind off the fact that Kelly moved on.
  4. When he and Toni announced their engagement to the gang, he still only had eyes for Kelly, watching her reaction.
  5. When they were helping out at the Peach Pit, Colin told Dylan that he and Toni had the right idea about moving to Hawaii and kind of hinted he wouldn't mind living there, too. And Dylan said, "It's a big state." SNARK!
Good list of reasons there

Quote:
Also agree with this, she was so scared of her feelings getting hurt and I think she didn't want Brandon to feel like she had in the past so she decided to do the right thing (what she thought was right) and give them both up. I think she really did love Brandon just not in the way that she loved Dylan, they had a stronger connection and I think it scared her to some extent because she could never fully trust him cause of her own issues that she had with herself.

I'm so not good with the explaining of things I need to go home and watch heaps of clips and brush up on my knowledge

Quote:
I remember 'withdrawals'. They're fun when they come before the rush of watching again. Do you have computer access when you're not at work? Go nuts.
Yes I have computer access at home, but I chew up heaps of the bandwith watching Dy/K clips on YT
Old 10-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm so not good with the explaining of things
No, you're fine! I'm just so glad you're talking now.

And this:
Quote:
I think she really did love Brandon just not in the way that she loved Dylan, they had a stronger connection and I think it scared her to some extent because she could never fully trust him cause of her own issues that she had with herself.
... is a good example that I completely agree with.

Quote:
she was so scared of her feelings getting hurt and I think she didn't want Brandon to feel like she had in the past so
But what do you mean here?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
No, you're fine! I'm just so glad you're talking now.

I find it hard to start talking because I don't know as much as you guys, and because I started watching S5/S6 (which was ages ago mind you) I never saw Dy/K's relationship first and have only in recent years I have witnessed their relationship. So I haven't got the knowledge really to back up alot of my statements this is way I can't wait for S3 to come out and so forth so I can watch the episodes over again

Quote:
But what do you mean here?
I actually was wondering how to explain that bit later, what I am trying to say is that Kelly didn't want Brandon to feel like she did with the whole Dy/B/K love triangle.

We all know Brenda got burnt with their love triangle but so did Kelly, she lost her best friend to gain a boyfriend, and I think she didn't want Brandon to lose his best friend for her (even though in some ways he already had), like we said she was putting his happiness before hers and because she had been put in that situation before she knew how hurt he would be if they continued down that path.

Just my opinion of course and I tried to explain it the best I could
Closed Thread   Post New Thread