Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the tweet.

Donna
Old 12-08-2015, 11:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Jared Leto Apologizes to Taylor Swift for Saying He Doesn't ''Give a ******'' About Her

Quote:
Surprise Grammys duet, anyone?

Jared Leto apparently had some mixed feelings aboutTaylor Swift 's 1989 album—and he presumably didn't plan on her ever finding that out, but the Internet wouldn't comply.

TMZ just released a video filmed a few months back of Leto and one of his 30 Seconds to Mars bandmates going through some of the more popular songs on the soundtrack for musical inspiration. The Suicide Squad actor starts off listening to "Welcome To New York," which he immediately dismisses.

"Oh, I don't like this at all. Next," the Oscar winner says.

Next comes "Blank Space," which he seems to dig more than the first tune, saying, "I like this verse, actually." (He's even as confused as the rest of us were about that mysterious line for Starbucks lovers...?)

The video ends with the actor's harshest comment, which left Swifties outraged.

"****** her. I don't give a ****** about her," the actor-rocker declares.
continue reading
Old 12-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Almost time for a new thread, any title ideas?

Thanks for the article.

Jared Leto Apologizes to Taylor Swift After Leaked Video Surfaces | Jared Leto, Taylor Swift : Just Jared

Quote:
Jared Leto has offered an apology to Taylor Swift after a private video surfaced of him critiquing her album 1989.

“The truth is I think [Taylor Swift] is amazing + an incredible example of what’s possible,” the 43-year-old actor and entertainer wrote on his Twitter account. “If I hurt her or her fans my sincerest apologies.”

Jared even cursed at her during a moment in the leaked video. “F— her. I don’t give a f— about her,” Jared can be heard saying. Watch the leaked video if you missed it.
WhoSay - #CelebsUnfiltered, Social Celebrities, Entertainment News, Photos, Videos, and Exclusives

Quote:
Leto says 'sorry.'

What's good, Jared Leto?

After a video of the 43-year-old actor bashing Taylor Swift surfaced on the Internet Monday, Leto took to Twitter to apologize to those who were offended by his harsh critique of the pop star's album, 1989.

Jared Leto Apologizes to Taylor Swift After Saying he Doesn't 'Give a ***** About Her'

"The truth is I think @taylorswift13 is amazing + an incredible example of what's possible. If I hurt her or her fans my sincerest apologies," he tweeted on Monday night.

Some Twitter users came to Leto's defense, lamenting the actor's loss of privacy and speculating how such a video was captured in the first place.

Others weren't so quick to accept the Oscar winner's apology.

Swift has yet to comment on the initial video or Leto's apology tweet because she's probably too busy riding roller coasters with Blake Lively.

We think she'll be just fine.
Jared Leto Apologizes to Taylor Swift for Insulting Her - Us Weekly

Quote:
No bad blood anymore? Jared Leto apologized to Taylor Swift on Monday, Dec. 7, after a video surfaced earlier that day of the actor saying he didn’t “give a ******” about her.

In the video obtained by TMZ, Leto, 43, and a fellow 30 Seconds to Mars bandmate were seen listening to Swift’s hit 2014 album, 1989, and making fun of it.

“Oh, I don’t like this at all,” the Oscar winner said at one point, referring to her song “Welcome to New York.” At the end of the video, which TMZ notes is a few months old, he quipped, “****** her. I don’t give a ****** about her.”

After receiving intense backlash from the web, the Suicide Squad star took to Twitter to apologize for his comments.

“The truth is I think @taylorswift13 is amazing + an incredible example of what’s possible,” he tweeted. “If I hurt her or her fans my sincerest apologies.”

The tweet thus far has been retweeted more than 2,000 times, and has garnered close to 4,000 likes.

The “Wildest Dreams” singer, 25, has yet to respond to the TMZ video or Leto’s apology.

Donna
Old 12-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Jared told The Hollywood Reporter: “My team notified TMZ immediately that I fully owned the footage and that their source had absolutely no rights to sell it. They chose to post it anyway. Let’s be clear. This was stolen footage. This was an invasion of privacy. And it was both legally and morally wrong.”

“Regardless of who we are, we should all be able to talk freely in the privacy of our own homes without the fear that our unfiltered thoughts or actions will get broadcast to the world. We have the right to privacy and security and when we don’t have protections in place to safeguard those things, we lose the freedom to speak loudly and clearly – right or wrong – about anything and everything we choose to. I have chosen to file this lawsuit not because I want to, but in hopes it will encourage more people to stop trafficking in stolen goods, to follow proper legal procedure and so that it may motivate additional consideration for the harm these acts can create, especially when the only intention is to simply further the bottom line for the companies and corporations that commit these acts.”
Old 12-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks for the tweet.

Jared Leto Sues TMZ Over "Stolen" Video Featuring Taylor Swift Curse - Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
According to the lawsuit, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, TMZ promised a $2,000 payment, but then was warned it had no rights to the footage.
Jared Leto, the Oscar-winning actor and frontman of the band Thirty Seconds to Mars, has lodged a notable new copyright lawsuit against TMZ and parent company Warner Bros. Entertainment, alleging that the gossip site published a sensational video after being warned that it was stolen.

The video in question features Leto and an engineer at a home studio critiquing various songs off of Taylor Swift's "1989" album. Leto is shown as admiring Swift's work, even going so far as exclaiming (perhaps jokingly) that he wanted to "steal" one of her finer moments of production work. But towards the end of the video, Leto becomes indifferent. "I mean, f— her," he says. "I don't give a f— about her."

Leto later apologized, tweeting out, "The truth is I think @taylorswift13 is amazing + an incredible example of what's possible. If I hurt her or her fans my sincerest apologies."

Now, the actor and musician is directing his anger at TMZ for invading his privacy. That's his moral objection to what the website has done. As for his legal one, his Sisyphus Touring company has brought a copyright lawsuit that could put the Warner Bros.-owned site on its heels with some sort of fair use defense. If the lawsuit goes far, it could also explore TMZ's reportorial methods.

READ MORE SAG-AFTRA Sues Lee Daniels for Not Paying Residuals
"I have chosen to file this lawsuit not because I want to, but in hopes it will encourage more people to stop trafficking in stolen goods, to follow proper legal procedure and so that it may motivate additional consideration for the harm these acts can create, especially when the only intention is to simply further the bottom line for the companies and corporations that commit these acts," says Leto in a statement (published in full below).

In a complaint filed in California federal court, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Leto (through Sisyphus Touring) says the footage was shot Sept. 8 by a videographer retained by him. This videographer is said to have delivered the video to TMZ in exchange for a promised payment of $2,000.

"TMZ requested that Videographer sign a document confirming he had the legal right to deliver the Footage," states the complaint. "Videographer refused to sign such an acknowledgement. Prior to any broadcast of the Footage, Plaintiff had advised Defendants that the Footage was stolen, and that Defendants were not authorized to disseminate, display, or publish the Footage on the website TMZ.com or at all."

The lawsuit adds that TMZ "rushed to publish," and that 15 minutes after it had done so, the videographer (perhaps suffering from a crisis of conscience) urged the gossip site, "Do not post the footage. I do not own it. I do not have permission."

As of now, TMZ continues to show the Leto footage on its site.

This isn't the first time that the Harvey Levin site has been dragged into court after posting material alleged to be confidential and stolen

For example, about a half decade ago, TMZ was hit with a copyright lawsuit over an interview with Michael Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe. The interview was produced by F. Marc Schaffel Productions, which was granted access to her through an agreement with Jackson himself because the pop superstar had to release Rowe from non-disclosure obligations. After some of the tape aired on Fox News' Geraldo at Large, Schaffel held on to hours of unaired footage, which wound up in the hands of TMZ, which published an excerpt and then was sued. The case later settled.

The attorney representing Schaffel in that case was Howard King, who is now representing Leto.

THR has reached out to TMZ for comment.

Here's Leto's full statement:

"Last Sunday, I was alerted that TMZ had acquired personal and private video footage of me in my home and that they were planning to leak it on their site. My team notified TMZ immediately that I fully owned the footage and that their source had absolutely no rights to sell it. They chose to post it anyway. Let's be clear. This was stolen footage. This was an invasion of privacy. And it was both legally and morally wrong. Regardless of who we are, we should all be able to talk freely in the privacy of our own homes without the fear that our unfiltered thoughts or actions will get broadcast to the world. We have the right to privacy and security and when we don't have protections in place to safeguard those things, we lose the freedom to speak loudly and clearly - right or wrong - about anything and everything we choose to. I have chosen to file this lawsuit not because I want to, but in hopes it will encourage more people to stop trafficking in stolen goods, to follow proper legal procedure and so that it may motivate additional consideration for the harm these acts can create, especially when the only intention is to simply further the bottom line for the companies and corporations that commit these acts."

Donna
Old 12-31-2015, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

CW's Dawn Of The Justice League Special To Debut Suicide Squad Trailer & Wonder Woman Sneak Peek | Comicbook.com

Quote:
CW has just announced that it will be debuting the new trailer for Suicide Squad on January 19th during two new specials.

First up is DC's Legends Of Tomorrow: Their Time Is Now, beginning at 9PM ET, which will feature an in depth look at the origin stories of the heroes and villains behind the highly anticipated show Legends of Tomorrow. The special will include interviews, clips and more from executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg, Phil Klemmer & Wendy Mericle. For fans looking to get a better understanding of who the villainous Vandal Savage is, is surely going to want to tune in.

Then, at 9:30 PM ET, keep your televisions locked on CW as they'll premiere DC Films Presents: Dawn Of The Justice League which will give fans the inside look into WB's upcoming films that everyone has been waiting for. Hosted by Kevin Smith, the special will feature a look at Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, the all-new trailer for Suicide Squad, and a sneak peek at the Wonder Woman film. WB & CW promise never-before-seen footage, interviews with stars like Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and so much more.

So what do you think ComicBook.com readers? Have you set your DVRs yet?

Donna
Old 12-31-2015, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jared Leto #3: We Can't Wait to See Suicide Squad Because of Jared!!

Thank you for the tweet and articles.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Wonderful title.

You're welcome.

TMZ Sues Source That Leaked Jared Leto’s Studio Video | Jared Leto : Just Jared

Quote:
Jared Leto filed a lawsuit against TMZ after the site posted a video of him during a private studio session talking about Taylor Swift‘s music and now the site is suing its source.

The 44-year-old entertainer is suing TMZ and Warner Bros. for copyright infringement, but the company’s lawyers are placing blame on their source Jacob Miller for claiming he had the right to sell the video in question.

“[At] the heart of this lawsuit is a straightforward question,” read the complaint filed by TMZ (via The Hollywood Reporter). “Who owned the copyright in the allegedly infringed video on December 4, 2015? On that date, Third-Party Defendant Jacob Guy Miller represented to (TMZ affiliate) EHM that he created the video, that he had the right to and would sell it to EHM, and that he was free to do so ‘without any obligations to any third party.’”

“If Mr. Miller was the videographer (as he said he was), and he had the right to transfer the work on December 4 (as he represented), then Plaintiff’s infringement claim necessarily fails, because Mr. Miller irrevocably gave EHM the right to publish the work as of that date. If [Leto's company Sisyphus Touring] owned the copyright on December 4, then Mr. Miller breached his representations, and he is liable for any judgment that may issue against [TMZ],” it continues.

To read the rest of the court documents, visit THR.com.

Donna
Old 01-12-2016, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto Steps Out After TMZ Sues Source That Leaked Studio Video | Jared Leto : Just Jared

Quote:
Jared Leto keeps it cool and casual as he steps out of car to go for a solo hike on Sunday afternoon (January 10) in Malibu, Calif.

This is the 44-year-old actor’s first spotting since filling a lawsuit against TMZ after the site posted a video of him during a private studio session talking about Taylor Swift‘s music.

The site is now suing its source Jacob Miller for claiming he had the right to sell the video in question. To read the rest of the court documents, visit THR.com!

10+ pictures inside of Jared Leto going for a hike in Malibu…

Donna
Old 01-15-2016, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Jared Leto’s Hair is Back to Black After ‘Suicide Squad’ Green | Jared Leto : Just Jared

Quote:
Jared Leto shows off his freshly-colored locks in these new photos!

The 44-year-old actor took to his Snapchat account to flaunt his dark hair.

Jared dyed it green for his highly-anticipated role as The Joker in the upcoming film, Suicide Squad, which also stars Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney, Joel Kinnaman, Cara Delevingne, Viola Davis, and more.

Jared later debuted bright pink hair at the 2015 Video Music Awards.

Don’t forget – Suicide Squad hits theaters on August 5.

Check out another photo of Jared‘s new hair color below!

Donna
Old 01-17-2016, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Individual poster
#suicide squad
Old 01-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks so much for posting.

Donna