Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Wow I missed a round & an interesting conversation... Maybe the survivor title should be changed so its made more about talent than hottest? That may take away the theory that everyone is voting on who they find hottest or that the sexuality of the voters come into it - also removing the objectification of the celebrities as they are people too if we're bringing politics into things . I think having a male survivor & a female survivor at different points in the year could also be fun - but be a bit to organise. You could have a best female or best male survivor early in the year, do the other gender around the middle of the year, then a combined one at the end which has no relation to the other survivors you've done during the year. Then you get 3 winners throughout the year & people can decide what survivors they wish to participate in & how they choose to vote too (E.G. based on looks, talent, or a combination of both)

I've only participated this year but for the record I saw no issue with how its run either. Seems pretty amazing to me
For me that would sound perfect, but I get this is clearly more work and I certainly don't think it is necessary to do that, simply for one or two people who like that idea. Esp. when the rest is fine with how it is now.

Last edited by Arrakis; 11-10-2018 at 03:45 PM
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
For me that would sound perfect, but I get this is clearly more work, so I don't think it is necessary to do for simply one or two people who like that idea, when the rest is fine whith how it is now.
Exactly. I think that should be left to Karen & Steffi to decide what they think they can handle in regards to organisation & running survivors. Completely agree that the way this is done now is perfect & seems fair to me. Anyone who doesn't like it can always choose to not participate

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Also, having those survivors too would water the experience down. There wouldn't be as much interest.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Moderator Manager

1. Chris Evans
2. Sebastian Stan
3. Gal Gadot
4. Emilia Clarke

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
In regard to all the comments above, I personally don't like the men vs women debate that's currently going on in politics/showbusiness and so on, everyone feels like women should be treated equal like men are treated (f.e. in showbusiness when it comes to money and of course other rights elsewhere in the world). I feel like making men and women seperate in this survivor is just emphazising that women should be treated differently, but that's my personal opinion. Plus I vote on who I like best, I don't care if it's men or women, it's whom I like best as a personality or whose projects I like most.

In regard of the survivor, there were 18 men submitted and 14 women. That alone makes it impossible to get an equal men vs women survivor.
If you see the chart I post below every survivor round, the start position of the survivor is random. I don't pick strategic places for celebs in that survivor.
I made a list of all the celebs that made it to the first round, selected those who had the most votes and made sure that those celebs wouldn't be up against each other in the first round, after that I filled the spots with the people that got 4 votes or more and I filled the blanks with the people that only got 3 votes.
IMO that's the fairest way to go

Of course I'm always up to the discussion to see where we could take this next year but like said above this is supposed to be a fun survivor without any politics or anything like that getting in the way.
There's always a certain unfairness in a survivor like this because most people don't like who they're up against and makes it hard to vote for them as well (regardless of gender)
I agree with this Karen. Personally I don't think of it that way. This is all fun and I vote for who I like. If my favorite doesn't win, that's fine.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

1. Chris Evans
2. Jensen Ackles
3. Gal Gadot
4. Emilia Clarke
Old 11-11-2018, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

1. Chris Pratt
2. Jensen Ackles
3. Gal Gadot
4. Emilia Clarke
Heda_Khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

1. Chris Evans
2. Sebastian Stan
3. Gal Gadot
4. Chris Hemsworth
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

1. Chris Evans
2. Sebastian Stan
3. Lily James
4.Chris Hemsworth
Old 11-11-2018, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

wow this is getting harder

1. Chris Evans
2. Seb Stan
3. Gal Gadot
4. Chris Hemsworth

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

1. Chris Pratt
2. Jensen Ackles
3. Lily James
4. Emilia Clarke
Old 11-11-2018, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
We can appreciate male and female bodies as an aesthetic regardless of sexual orientation or gender. I know I can.
I think everybody is (or should be) able to judge whether a celebrity (or any person) is good looking or not. If soembody can't appreaciate the body of the same sex, the problem is them and not the way the poll is structured.

Having said that, this is just a poll, created for fun.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I think everybody is (or should be) able to judge whether a celebrity (or any person) is good looking or not. If soembody can't appreaciate the body of the same sex, the problem is them and not the way the poll is structured.

Having said that, this is just a poll, created for fun.
I know that and I also know that chris hemsworth for example is a good looking guy and I'd chose him over other guys, my initial point was simply that if he's put against a woman I'd clearly choose the woman (due to my sexuality).
But as I said if the majority is for keeping the survivor as it is then this is also ok for me.
Arrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like the majority doesn't feel like there should be any changes, so I don't think I will set up a poll.

Perhaps we could change the survivor title next year, I don't have an issue with that if that's what people prefer.. Perhaps hottest is not the best way to name it, perhaps more Talented like suggested or other words like wonderful, greatest etc.
Quote:
Also, having those survivors too would water the experience down. There wouldn't be as much interest.
I think you're right Rita that it would make the annual one we have now a lot less special.

Thanks for the contribution everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
1. Emilia Clark

2. Chris Evans

3. Gal Gadot

4. Chris Hemsworth
you voted for Emilia and Chris H. though they're competing against one another Gotta choose
You missed a vote for the race of Sebastian Stan vs Jensen Ackles.

My vote:

1. Chris Pratt
2. Sebastian Stan
3. Gal Gadot
4. Chris Hemsworth

Already 22 votes for this round! Awesome!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

1. Chris Pratt
2. Jensen Ackles
3. Lily James
4. Emilia Clarke

EC | ADC

Movies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Talent(ed) is a completely different thing than what we've been voting for so far, but I could go with 'Greatest' is that's what people want. Again, we might need a poll