Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"How Betty Got Her Grieve Back" {Ep:2x01} Episode Discussion Thread

How Betty Got Her Grieve Back
Thur Sept 27 8/7c

Betty's life is in chaos after a series of very unfortunate events, but despite all that's happened, she's still in denial about one thing how much Henry's departure has affected her. Meanwhile, Amanda turns to junk food and to Marc in dealing with the revelation that Fey Sommers was her real mother, and Wilhelmina schemes to turn the tragic Meade family events to her advantage, on the season premiere of ABC's award winning Ugly Betty.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by *Stacy*; 10-04-2007 at 01:43 PM
Old 09-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Eee, the first episode post of the season! An hour and a half untill over 4 months of waiting is OVER!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope the writers don't make Amanda the daughter of Bradford. Didn't she sleep with Daniel? Or did the writers forget about that?

ETA: I guess Amanda just addressed this fact just now....so she is probably not.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 09-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

I would hope not.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

EEK! I still have 1/2 an hour, but i'm off to a game. I'll be back after I watch the show.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 09-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

*SpoilerAlert*

Wow! What a premiere! Lots to talk about.

Justin was the "little fashion elf" -- Mark in the alley. Amanda's obesity... Betty letting go of Henry ... Hilda admitting that Santos is gone ... That one got me. And there was so much more (including Henry's return ... ) but, I want to re-group and re-watch and come back with my detailed review.

kenny | credit
Old 09-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

Ok, I kinda didn't keep up to date on Ugly Betty during the summer..kinda forgot what happened in the finale last season. But remembered that Santos got shot..couldnt remember if it looked to be fatal, or what..

So at the start I was like.."OH, he lived! Great!" thought it was weird Hilda didn't want him to leave, and the wedding dress and so on...

Yeah, I thought..thats weird, but not Un-Hilda like, really..so..

I must admit I was "shocked" when it was revealed Santos was dead. I almost bawled...it was HEARTBREAKING. Betty's problems looked so small in comparision to Hilda's..

Anyways, I thought it was a GREAT premiere....MUCH better than Greys

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 09-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread Stacy!

Just got done watching the eppie.

Santos....Ok! You should have heard the screams from my sis and I when we saw Santos was "alive". We were sooooo relieved. But then at the end... I totally bawled my eyes out! That was so unfair. My heart is broken. It totally sucked.

Justin... Loved the fact that he skipped out on summer camp and headed to Mode! And thats so cool that he's gonna be interning for the next few weeks there! I love the scenes that have him and Mark in them!

Betty....Poor girl is under way too much stress. She definitely needs a vacation! America did a fantastic job...as usual!! With the whole Henry back in the city thing...it'll be interesting to see what happens.

at Alexis waking up thinking she was still a man. Definitely looking forward to that storyline.

Overall I loved the eppie and I cant wait to see what next week brings!
Old 09-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

My Santos and Santos/Hilda heart is broken too.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

We'll have to comfort each other. Maybe we should start a grief support group.

I just really dont like the way that we found out about his death.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

I knew he was dead, but MAN was that sad! Poor Hilda.

And seeing Henry in New York was totally awesome! Can't wait for next week!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed the theme of the episode more than the actual content. In other words, I liked how they showed you could grieve in different ways (i.e. Justin running away, Betty ignoring it, and Hilda living out this very sad fantasy). But the ep didn't pick up for me until the last twenty or so minutes. Because....

The scene with Daniel/Alexis was great. Eric did a wonderful job showing how regretful he was, and he's just so sweet with her now. Total difference from last season.

Henry showing up...great cliffhanger. I love that he sent flowers.

I knew Santos was dead, as much as I loved the thought of him being alive. Ana did wonderful in their scenes too. Such a shame.

Then Ignacio's still gone, so they're wallowing in his absence as well.

The Wilhemenia/Bradford stuff.....meh. It had its moments, but that was just kinda there for me.

But yeah, this show still has some of the best writing for current TV.

icon
Old 09-27-2007, 09:54 PM
doy
Loyal Fan

I was starting to get annoyed by all the saccharine Hilda and Santos scenes. And I just kept thinking the entire time how Hilda couldn't even help Betty since she was in a lot of pressure. But man, the scene where they reveal that Santos was actually dead was so sad! I turned a complete 180 and suddenly felt for her. So sad.

Betty and Daniel at the "funeral" was the sweetest thing in the world. I don't want the show to end yet but sometimes I can't wait to see how it ends and see if they actually get together in the end. I mean I love Henry, but I can't help but love their relationship more. I now pronounce them my OTP

Oh and I loved all the Claire and Amanda scenes (But I'm biased cause they're my favorites hee)
Old 09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Can someone clarify with Santos being dead, I thought he was reading her that poem? I was flipping back and forth with Smallville so I'm not confused..
Old 09-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Even hearing all those early spoilers about Santos being gone did not stop me from crying when it actually became real. And in my mind, the writers made a mistake by not trying to keep Santos on the show. At least one character on the show should have a happy, peaceful, "normal" life - if not Betty for now, then at least her sister. I was really hoping family life would finally work out for Hilda, Santos, and Justin.

But I loved Marc and Amanda tonight. Those two were golden, and gosh - Marc is just the sweetest friend to Amanda. I so love those two.

Claire? Power to you, woman. I'd pay to see you punch Wili more often.

I loved Daniel and Alexis' scenes. Eric Mabius did an excellent job at being emotional in those scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doy (View Post)
Betty and Daniel at the "funeral" was the sweetest thing in the world. I don't want the show to end yet but sometimes I can't wait to see how it ends and see if they actually get together in the end. I mean I love Henry, but I can't help but love their relationship more. I now pronounce them my OTP
It was so sweet to see them bond together like that, wasn't it? Daniel really came through for her tonight, despite his physical pain. Leaving that hospital just so he could be there and help her to move on was very selfless of him. Their bond is really solid, and I appreciate that the writers are emphasizing that once again. Gosh...just thinking of what the future possibly holds for these two makes me eager to watch this show even more.

My other favorite pair, H/S, may have gotten the axe tonight, but at least D/B's friendship is growing strong and getting better with every episode. Their chemistry is really lovely.
Betty: "Daniel, I am not dating Henry." Daniel: "Because if you were, I would seriously have to think of getting rid of him...I'm not going to let him break your heart twice, Betty." Betty: "You'd actually do that?" Daniel: "Come on, Betty. You butt into my life all the time because you care about me. Like it or not, I care about you, too."