Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Episode 3x03 - "Crimes of Fashion" Discussion Thread

Crimes of Fashion
Thursday, October 9, 2008

An accident leaves the Modies stunned, and Betty tries to piece together what really happened when a police detective (guest star Mark Consuelos) comes looking for some answers. Meanwhile, Ignacio learns something shocking about Hilda and the coach.

Promo Pictures

More Promo Pictures can be found at Ugly-is-in.

Promo

Sneak Peeks

I love murder mysteries and I have no doubt this episode will be melodramatic and mysteriously awesome!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you for the new thread, Hestia!

I cannot wait for this ep! Looks great!
Only two days!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Hestia. This episode looks action packed, can't wait!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:10 AM
New Fan

Oooh, oh, is it time to make a suspect list?

Stuey - revenge motive, plus he's entitled to whatever she owns if she dies
Claire - there's nothing she won't do to protect her children
Alex - aka killer instinct, already willing to go way further than their father for ME interests.
Marc - he'd do anything to protect Willie's interests - unless they ran against his own

I can't think of motives for Amanda or Daniel - any ideas?

I thought maybe Christine herself, since she doesn't need the surrogate money anymore - but she was the one trying to convince Willie the baby was a person instead of an investment vehicle. Wouldn't it be so twisted if Willie did it to inherit from the baby?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

whoever was behind christina's attack, when the identity of her attacker is revealed will probably spell the end of their time at mode. which is why i am keeping my fingers crossed that marc is not unmasked as the perpertraitor. if he is and he is gone, then i'd probably stop watching ugly betty altogether
Old 10-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

The sneak peek is made of WIN! Eddie Cibrian! HOT!

kenny | credit
Old 10-08-2008, 12:11 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waichingliu81 (View Post)
whoever was behind christina's attack, when the identity of her attacker is revealed will probably spell the end of their time at mode. which is why i am keeping my fingers crossed that marc is not unmasked as the perpertraitor. if he is and he is gone, then i'd probably stop watching ugly betty altogether
So, that narrows the list to Stuart. Crime solved, we can all go home now.

Still, I think we know being jailed for murder isn't an axing offense, and the show has priors for putting a smoking gun in a hand that couldn't rationally have pulled the trigger. Maybe it's not a whodunit so much as a what really happened? Of course, if we knew who, we'd know why...

Hey, how about Alex? She's been mean, and so far hasn't had any real vulnerabilities exposed (apart from her family not accepting her sexual orientation.) If she did it, this could be a great opportunity to finally get her side of Daniel vs. Alex out in the open.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestellef (View Post)
Oooh, oh, is it time to make a suspect list?

Stuey - revenge motive, plus he's entitled to whatever she owns if she dies
Claire - there's nothing she won't do to protect her children
Alex - aka killer instinct, already willing to go way further than their father for ME interests.
Marc - he'd do anything to protect Willie's interests - unless they ran against his own

I can't think of motives for Amanda or Daniel - any ideas?
I suggest it was Colonel Mustard, in the Study, with the Pipe wrench.

^ But honestly, Alexis sounds like a good bet if the writers decide to get rid of whoever the potential murderer is because of all those reports regarding Rebecca's departure. (...I hoped that's not too spoilery!)
Old 10-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Vesta (View Post)
I love murder mysteries and I have no doubt this episode will be melodramatic and mysteriously awesome!
Ditto! I'm really excited about this episode, it looks like it'll be great, and really entertaining! That shot of Marc, Betty and Amanda falling down the stairs?

Thanks for the thread, hun
Old 10-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

You know I really dont know who it is at this point,I at first thought it was Stuart but then a few of My friends (from here and also LJ) have made some good points about it being Alexis so I guess right now I'm leaning towards her.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

It reminds me alot of the s1 episode "Fey's Sleigh Ride" with the idea of an overall mystery fueling the plot. And that was a fantastic episode, so I have high expectations for tomorrow night.

kenny | credit
Old 10-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Loyal Fan

^ I completely agree with this. I love the mysterious eps of this show.

Spoiler:
Old 10-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope the show gets more interesting. I am not interested in Christina carrying Willie's baby. I don't know what direction the show is going in right now.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am so bored, guys. :/

The most entertaining part is Willie's fake meltdown in front of the reporters.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-09-2008, 06:43 PM
New Fan

Ahhh! It was hormones that attacked Christine? Once again with the irrational attempted murder. Oh well, I wasn't going to say anything, but Alexis does seem to have a lot of detractors. And they had a point - Willie was her only friend while she was in transition, Alexis was a big part of the shaft Willie got when Meade chose his family over his star employee. But Fluh.

To be fair, they couldn't win; I didn't want it to be anyone. but I liked Stuart's out a lot. It's not always the drug addicted illegal alien...

I also liked Wilhelmina's humanizing scene at the end. It reminded me of when Amanda went to her for help finding her father. Just because Wilhelmina has too much botulism in her forehead to show sympathy doesn't mean she doesn't have any. : )

That was too funny about the Wilhel-mannequin. Especially that scene break that takes you from the dummy's face to the photo shoot and for a second, it looks like the model is a statue. XD

But Betty's costume? I thought they were laying it on a bit thick, where on earth did they find a dress that was actually made of a stripe/polka dot/plaid material? It's like a tacky unicorn! Ahh, but I love those wide belts she wears, it reminds me of my high school days when I'd wear a big belt over a baggy tee and throw on a miniskirt and sneakers underneath it. But it's hard to believe that two years at Mode is actually dulling her fashion sense. XD