Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Episode: 1x3 "Queens For A Day" Discussion Thread

Thursday, Oct. 12 @ 8/7c!
"Queens for a Day"
Betty uses her Queens connections to lure big time photographer (and former Queens boy) Vincent Bianchi (guest star Rhys Coiro) to shoot for Mode. But when Bianchi insists that Betty meet at a posh restaurant, she feels pressured to get a makeover... only things don't quite turn out as planned. Meanwhile Wilhelmina primps for a big date, and Bradford tries to get his hands on Fey Sommers' "death car."

Tonight's the night! Can't wait to see Betty's makeover!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 10-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yay! Can't wait to talk about this episode! Took Thursday long enough to get here! *watches*
Old 10-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Extreme Fan

I loved it!!!

The scenes with Betty and Daniel working late were so cute. Him opening up to her over chinese made my shipper heart happy.

Marc really amuses me. His lines are especially funny.

I think that when Daniel suggested Betty dress up, that was not what he had in mind. But I feared that a "make over" would change her. I'm glad to see that it didn't turn her into another "Amanda".

I'm curious about Mr. Meade and what he's got himself into. Also, the mystery caller that keeps contacting Daniel... who is she? Does anyone have a guess? I have no clue myself.

I felt so bad for Betty after what the other Mode employees said in front of her during the meeting. They are such jerks. Daniel was so sweet, coming in there after her. I wish she'd gone with him but I understand why she didn't. It just irritates me that Amanda went, pretending to be her. I'm glad that Betty stood up to Marc about taking the proposal to Daniel. It was nice to see her stand up for herself.

In the end, Daniel did right by her, just like he always does. I love him all the more for it. And I'm sure that in the long run, Betty will love him more too.

Betty's "Shut up!" was so adorable!!

The more I see, the more I love this show!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Agh, Betty and Daniel both broke my heart tonight. Poor, poor Betty, crying in the bathroom. It's like the evils of high school all over again. *shuders* But when Daniel was talking about his dad only going to baseball games with his brother, I just wanted to hug him. I don't care that Bradform came around a tiny bit in the end. He's still evil. In more ways than one. Have to say I love Marc though. Maybe in a love to hate him sort of way, lol.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

All the Dance Revolution parts were really funny. I loved that little segment.

I like Marc too. Felt bad for Wilhemina for about five seconds, but I'm so glad Daniel/Betty got the photographer. The parts with Amanda pretending to be Betty were hilarious. Ho-la.

All the Danie/Betty was wonderful, as always. I'm glad he finds it easy to open up to her, and that he stood up for her.

I'm confused by the whole Dad storyline so I'll leave that alone.

The whole makeover scene was really cute. I like that she got some appreciative whistles.

icon
Old 10-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

LOVED tonights eppie!

Wanted to reach into the tv and wring Wilhemina's neck for the whole Betty incident. And then when Betty went and cried in the bathroom and Daniel went to check on her...total Aw! and moment!

And then I loved the whole him and her working late in the office. The fact that he was laying on the table shows just how comfortable he is around her!

I love Justin more and more every week. That kid cracks me up!

The "makeover" Betty and Hilda did was perfect! The tall hair about did me in! And of course we got the classic Betty trips. And even though I'd seen the construction workers scene so many times, I still when it came on. She was so cute when they whistled at her and she was like "Me?" She was so proud!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Aww I love this show.

SoLongSelf when the whistling part came up I also giggled at it even though I'd seen a million times.

The Betty/Daniel moments were just adorable I'm jumping aboard the ship!

I have the sudden urge to play Dance Dance Revolution.

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Old 10-13-2006, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved all the Daniel/Betty scenes, I love how he went to see if she was okay in the bathroom, and how he did a double look at her when he first seen her makeover.
My LJ
Old 10-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally saw the ep and I loved it!!

I agree with everyone, the Daniel/Betty moments were wonderful. I loved them eating chinese and i'd been dying for one of those late night work session scenes and it didn't disappoint.

As much as I wanted to feel bad for Wilhemina, I didn't. I had no idea the Senator would be her father, but for the fact she was to mean to Betty does not make me sad for her. She was rotten to Betty and the fact that everyone just laughs and stares at Betty just broke my heart. I'm so glad Daniel/Betty got the client. Shows Wilhemina that they're going to do great things at Mode.

Loved the Walter parts. He seriously cracks me up and so does Justin. I want to go out and buy one of those. I had seen a Bravo special on that dance game where people have clubs and they seriously lose a lot of weight. That would be fun and great exercise.

Oh, the parts with the dad are kinda bugging me. I hope things work out and they get better, but for whoever asked, the woman that keeps calling is the past editor that supposedly died. I'm not sure why she's faking her own death, but there must be something going on. The only thing I can think of is that her face may have been destroyed or she could be injured from the crash and doesn't want anyone to see her, so instead of hiding in shame, she's hiding out. Remember, it is all about appearances.

Next weeks looks good. Poor Betty, messing up again.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 10-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Banned

I loved it to it was good Betty looked great and the show is getting much more funnier and Wilahmina is more and more getting bitcher by the day.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was just wondering if anyone knew of anyone that uploads these on You Tube or something because everytime it comes on I am doing something && it makes me mad
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 10-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTH_Leyton_4eva (View Post)
I was just wondering if anyone knew of anyone that uploads these on You Tube or something because everytime it comes on I am doing something && it makes me mad
Someone on youtube actually uploaded the premire of UB but then the people on youtube took it down
My LJ
Old 10-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

You can go to abc.com to watch the UB episodes.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL! i fckin loved this episode! i cried... yet again but SHUSH! that is just between me the thread and... everyone who reads it!

BD FOREVER!