Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ep. 1x09: "Lose The Boss" Discussion Thread

"Lose the Boss"
Thursday, Nov. 23 @ 8/7c!

The day after Thanksgiving is no holiday for Betty, who struggles to pull together a last-minute Mode photo shoot with a famous couple and their baby, while a dejected Daniel recuperates from a hangover -- and Sofia Reyes' rejection -- at the Suarez house. Meanwhile, Wilhelmina and Marc go to greet the celebs at the airport and find themselves stranded in a dicey part of town with no money, and Bradford Meade takes a little trip of his own.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess

Last edited by *Stacy*; 11-30-2006 at 04:13 PM
Old 11-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Eee! Only a few more minutes!
Old 11-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, for me too.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 11-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Omg, okay...another fave of mine...I cried so many times during this one!

Daniel so has to marry into the Suarez family, all his moments with them tonight were so amazing! I could easily see that for the rest of his life, being a part of that family. When he came to Justin's defense against Santos...omg, incredible! I could not believe Santos tonight...how could he say such horrible things about another person, let alone his own son! So, not on speaking terms with him right now! And, Daniel trying to make Justin feel better...omg, so sweet! He got the Suarez's a Christmas tree, awwwwwwwwwww!

I loved Daniel's family idea...poor thing, that was probably the best Christmas he's had! DB are friggin' love! I loved their hug at the end! I know she won't leave Mode....Daniel...loved her telling him she could never leave him.

Daniel learning some Spanish for Sofia, that was really sweet, even cuter it got it a bit wrong, lol.

Marc/Wilhelmina, they make the best team! It was so sad when Marc said he just wanted to be some place he felt safe....her office, awwww! And, when he told her to run, and when she dropped just one of her earrings in the money box, hilarious!

This episode was sooooooooooooo touching! I adored Betty standing up to that guy...how could he call that baby ugly. I loved her telling him, he must have a narrow view of what beauty is.

This show just keeps getting better and better, there's just such heart to it!

Daniel/Betty, again they are LOVE! I loved her touching his bare chest in the beginning. And, his reaction to her graduation picture, too cute! Omg, I want him to be part of that family more than anything, marry Betty!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great eppy,. I really liked the scenes with Daniel with Betty's family and the hug Betty/Daniel shared. Next week looks really good!

So did they not show the two scenes where Betty falls on that man and the other scene where these two people roll off the bed? Because I didnt see it, I did though leave the room for a few mins so, maybe I missed it. lol.
My LJ
Old 11-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Jen, I didn't see those two moments either...maybe they'll be in next week's ep.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh ok, cool. Im glad I didnt miss it then. I was looking forward to seeing those two scenes but at least we got one of the great scenes where she says "In your arms" to Daniel.
My LJ
Old 11-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

I saw the Daniel/Betty hug and I screamed like a fan-girl Ive been waiting for so long!
Old 11-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Loved this episode! Daniel at the house was great. He was so great with the whole family and I got misty-eyed when he was telling Betty that her house was the perfect place to do the photoshoot. I also loved that Betty got to be in charge of Mode for the day. She was really take-charge with that Bruno guy.

Ignacio! Omg, I hope everything is okay. I hope Daniel helps the family somehow.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
Omg, okay...another fave of mine...I cried so many times during this one!

Daniel so has to marry into the Suarez family, all his moments with them tonight were so amazing! I could easily see that for the rest of his life, being a part of that family. When he came to Justin's defense against Santos...omg, incredible! I could not believe Santos tonight...how could he say such horrible things about another person, let alone his own son! So, not on speaking terms with him right now! And, Daniel trying to make Justin feel better...omg, so sweet! He got the Suarez's a Christmas tree, awwwwwwwwwww!

I loved Daniel's family idea...poor thing, that was probably the best Christmas he's had! DB are friggin' love! I loved their hug at the end! I know she won't leave Mode....Daniel...loved her telling him she could never leave him.

Daniel learning some Spanish for Sofia, that was really sweet, even cuter it got it a bit wrong, lol.

Marc/Wilhelmina, they make the best team! It was so sad when Marc said he just wanted to be some place he felt safe....her office, awwww! And, when he told her to run, and when she dropped just one of her earrings in the money box, hilarious!

This episode was sooooooooooooo touching! I adored Betty standing up to that guy...how could he call that baby ugly. I loved her telling him, he must have a narrow view of what beauty is.

This show just keeps getting better and better, there's just such heart to it!

Daniel/Betty, again they are LOVE! I loved her touching his bare chest in the beginning. And, his reaction to her graduation picture, too cute! Omg, I want him to be part of that family more than anything, marry Betty!
I was mad though at the end when Daniel starts making out with Sophia ;( I heard that Daniel and Betty are not going to end up together ;( I can't wait for Sophia to leave!!!! I just pray they are teasing us and will let those two be together!!!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Sofia is murdering this show. Every episode she's in, I like her less.

Marc & Wil, now THAT'S entertainment and wonderful, wonderful acting. "Poor people are so cheap" I love that because Marc is kinda poor but Wil is insensitive to his real situation, although he is part of the in crowd. Love those two!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Marc/Willie (as he calls her, too cute), make the best team (other than the obvious DB one)...I loved him protecting her from the prostitutes.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

The best part of tonight's episode was when Wil went all Lil Kim on those other girls! lol It was classic.

In second place it was all the Suarez + Daniel bonding scenes. I agree with the fact that he definitely needs to be a part of the family. He even has his own stocking on the tree now!

Betty taking charge was great. She really is getting more comfortable at Mode. Those wacky baby costumes were hilarious though. I actually tried to imagine an infant in chainmail.

Ok, Sophia is not a good character and I'm not just saying that cause I adore D/B. Sophia is just too perfect. Every character on htis show has a flaw, but it seems that Sophia is just so wonderful. She's pretty, smart, and has a good heart. It is totally unbelievable that Daniel would fall for her so quickly to the point where he actually tells her he "loves" her *gag* It also bothered me that she expected to see him again and kept asking about him when she very blatantly rejected him in the last episode. I am not looking forward to next week's episode with the two lovebirds. At this point I would rather have Amanda with Daniel than Sophia. At least Amanda is entertaining. Ok, I'm done with my rant. lol

Besides for that, I love the episode. It really put me in the holiday mood.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love Marc and Willie's scenes lol. The prostitutes scene was great.

and i loved any scene with Daniel @ the Suarez. And I loved when Hilda stood up for Justin. I felt so bad when Justin got all quiet, it just didn't seem like him at all lol but then Daniel went and tried to get Justin back into the spirit which made me love D even more lol
Old 11-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Marc/Willie moments were so great...they were so lost in Queens.