Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Closing the Office Board: Please Read and Respond

Hello all ,

This is really hard (that's what she said) for me to write but we all know this board has been in a bit of a funk in terms of post counts. It seems like one week we go up, the next week we go down (also that's what she said-ish). It's truly frustrating to see. I know it's hard for many of us to get motivated (yes me included) to post with how the show is now.

I always had the idea that if the board closed it would be not our decision but now I'm thinking that maybe it is best if we maintain some dignity and go out willingly.

What do you all think?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sadly, I have to agree. I love this board so much I want to do it justice. Give it a proper goodbye.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

I didn't think I'd ever be saying this. All of you here know how much this board and everyone that posts here (past and current posters) means to me. But, I do think the board's time has come. I'd like to see the board go out on our terms rather than go out not meeting the post counts which is the reality the board is facing.
The board has been down to the mods and a few posters for the past couple of years now. The majority of the posting is from the mods. Most threads/discussions aren't moving. We've tried pretty much everything under the sun to increase activity and get people to post to no avail. We've let everyone know on more than one occasion that if they want to the board to stay open they need to post. We've asked for ideas and suggestions. But, again we've gotten little to no reaction. This summer was a real struggle and a few weeks we didn't make the minimum count required. We were hoping for the best when the new season started but things haven't improved sadly. In most of the threads we have a mod talking to themselves or each other. It seems as if one general thread on the TV board to discuss the show might serve us better now.

Quote:
I love this board so much I want to do it justice. Give it a proper goodbye.
Agreed.
Like I said above, I'd like to see the board go out on our terms rather than be shut down.

Quote:
What do you all think?
Please let us know how you feel/what you think. We want to know. Nothing is a done deal yet.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we have our answer. No one cares!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

I had a whole post written out yesterday but there was some sort of glitch each time I went to post.

Even though I don't want to lose another board, I would say it's just easier to cut the ties now. We all have more important things to do than worry about post count and site traffic. You guys tried your best to boost count and we added a few stragglers, but it just wasn't enough. I feel bad because once I went back into the classroom, I didn't post as often either but I'm not going to lie and say I made a bad choice. My job and life are always going to be more important than a website.

We can't take all of the blame though. The show has been good but not what it used to be. I used to want to rush here and post in every single thread and talk and talk about what I just watched. Now, after a comment or two, I'm done thinking about it for the next week. The only way we could change that is if we got jobs as writers on the show. And even then, we'd probably be too busy to post.

This probably means I'll leave FF forever which is sad, but this was the last board I've posted at that I've actually felt a part of. I'm glad to have a bunch of you guys as pals on twitter and the like so I don't feel like I've lost you forever.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Marie - I know. It's sad to see but it's the whole reason we got to the point of posting this.

Sara Real life comes first so we definitely all understand. I'm really happy you're back in the classroom this year.

The show being older and having changed I'm sure has contributed to the posting tapering off sadly.

We'll definitely all still keep in touch and we'll have an Office thread on the Television board.

That's the thing I've loved about this board too........the community........we're all close and have had made some great friends over the years.

Quote:
The only way we could change that is if we got jobs as writers on the show.
I wish!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Banned

I loved The Office but I think Jim and Pam getting married and finally Michael gone it's not the same show. I'll still watch but it's not the reason I'll be watching NBC on Thursdays.

God I hope somebody posts a Parks and Recreation board!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Looks like we've made our call...
Old 10-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

Sad to see this place go.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed posting in the discussion thread over the years, but I agree that the show hasn't been what it used to be, especially without Michael.