Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

Jason's Breakout: Beyond Project

Jason Dohring Breakout Beyond Gift Project

As you all probably know by now, Jason will be coming to the UK again this June. Yay for that! He''ll be attending the Starfury convention Breakout Beyond between 13th and 15th of June in London. Last year, Sam (palegreen) organised this great gift project for Jason, which he liked very much. This year, we'll do it again. For the people who hadn't had a chance to contribute last year. Or just want to write him again, make him something else or give him another gift. Because why wouldn't you, right? Jason is the nicest and most humble person, who made us love characters we weren't originally supposed to love. That says something about his skills!

Who's doing this?

The gift project is being organised and will be handed over to Jason by (in alphabetical order) Andrea (spikes spark), Eva (motylik20), Mandy (Mandy-J) and Roz (afrocurl).

Scrapbook

The first thing we will be giving him is a scrapbook which we'll all be contributing too. Everyone who signs up gets to fill one page with whatever you like: a letter, graphic, drawing, origami, you name it. If you can think of it and it can fit on a page, you can put it in. The front and back cover will be decorated with pictures of Jason with fans pics (either taken of Jason or you with Jason) you can send in. Mandy will be in charge of putting the entries into the book and decorating the front and back. Eva is the one that will help with any decorating emergencies when we get together in London.

Little Gifts

You can also send us your own little personal gifts for Jason. That can be something that represents your country. Or shows your love for Jason/his work. Or both. We will put all of them in a nice gift basket of some sort and present the gifts to him together with the book. Andrea has been gracious enough to supply a forwarding address and will bring the gifts to BoB. To make sure she doesn't have to take an extra suitcase to bring the gifts in, we do ask you to only send small things. It has to fit in the mailbox and/or an envelope. Please look at last year's roundup of gifts for some examples. And remember: everything that Sam mentions in that thread has been given to Jason already.

Taking part

If you want to take part in the project, let us know in this thread or pm Roz. She will add you to the list. We need to know how many people want to sign up so that we know how many pages the book has to have. In order to do that we're giving everyone three weeks to sign up. Once we have this list complete, we�*ll supply you with the necessary addresses ñ an email address to send your art/letters/pics etc for the book and contact information for the gifts. You have until May 18th to put everything together and get it to us.

Important dates:

April 18th: Deadline for signing up

May 18th: Deadline for your book entries

June 13th -15th: Breakout Beyond!

If you have any questions, feel free to comment in this thread.

If you want to be kept up to date about BoB you may be interested in joining this LJ community

Members taking part:

afrocurl (roz)
Mandy-J (mandy)
Motylik20 (eva)
Spikes spark (andrea)
rowanlove (anita)
alee23 (angela)
Tiguhgirl (jen)
Princess Orchid (lucie)
jasondohringfan (LJ)
fire_fly_stare_ (LJ)
101randomwords (LJ)
xhoney_bee (LJ)
candlewaxdreams (LJ)
skyroom80 (LJ)
danceprincess20 (LJ)
bkell13 (LJ)
vmarssaaddict (LJ)
freezing_82 (eleonora)

*More information can be found here about the project now.

Last edited by afrocurl; 05-19-2008 at 10:34 AM
Old 03-27-2008, 01:58 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the thread Roz

LJ
Icon by me - pic credit
Old 03-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrocurl (View Post)
Jason Dohring Breakout Beyond Gift Project

As you all probably know by now, Jason will be coming to the UK again this June. Yay for that! He''ll be attending the Starfury convention Breakout Beyond between 13th and 15th of June in London. Last year, Sam (palegreen) organised this great gift project for Jason, which he liked very much. This year, we'll do it again. For the people who hadn't had a chance to contribute last year. Or just want to write him again, make him something else or give him another gift. Because why wouldn't you, right? Jason is the nicest and most humble person, who made us love characters we weren't originally supposed to love. That says something about his skills!

Who's doing this?

The gift project is being organised and will be handed over to Jason by (in alphabetical order) Andrea (spikes spark), Eva (motylik20), Mandy (Mandy-J) and Roz (afrocurl).

Scrapbook

The first thing we will be giving him is a scrapbook which we'll all be contributing too. Everyone who signs up gets to fill one page with whatever you like: a letter, graphic, drawing, origami, you name it. If you can think of it and it can fit on a page, you can put it in. The front and back cover will be decorated with pictures of Jason with fans pics (either taken of Jason or you with Jason) you can send in. Mandy will be in charge of putting the entries into the book and decorating the front and back. Eva is the one that will help with any decorating emergencies when we get together in London.

Little Gifts

You can also send us your own little personal gifts for Jason. That can be something that represents your country. Or shows your love for Jason/his work. Or both. We will put all of them in a nice gift basket of some sort and present the gifts to him together with the book. Andrea has been gracious enough to supply a forwarding address and will bring the gifts to BoB. To make sure she doesn't have to take an extra suitcase to bring the gifts in, we do ask you to only send small things. It has to fit in the mailbox and/or an envelope. Please look at last year's roundup of gifts for some examples. And remember: everything that Sam mentions in that thread has been given to Jason already.

Taking part

If you want to take part in the project, let us know in this thread or pm Roz. She will add you to the list. We need to know how many people want to sign up so that we know how many pages the book has to have. In order to do that we're giving everyone three weeks to sign up. Once we have this list complete, we�*ll supply you with the necessary addresses ñ an email address to send your art/letters/pics etc for the book and contact information for the gifts. You have until May 18th to put everything together and get it to us.

Important dates:

April 18th: Deadline for signing up

May 18th: Deadline for your book entries

June 13th -15th: Breakout Beyond!

If you have any questions, feel free to comment in this thread.

If you want to be kept up to date about BoB you may be interested in joining this LJ community

Members taking part:

afrocurl (roz)
Mandy-J (mandy)
Motylik20 (eva)
Spikes spark (andrea)

Hee..I need to know if we're snail mailing the pictures to someone? Also what about the letter (additional pictures) or whatever we're putting inside the scrapbook?
Old 03-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowanlove (View Post)
Hee..I need to know if we're snail mailing the pictures to someone? Also what about the letter (additional pictures) or whatever we're putting inside the scrapbook?
Anita , we encourage scanning the pics and handwritten letters, or typing a letter up, then send them to an e-mailaddress. At this time, the snail mail address is reserved for gifts only.

If there are many problems with mailing your scrapbook entry just pm me Are you taking part? I'm sure your are!

LJ
Icon by me - pic credit
Old 03-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

I'm definitely taking part!

I was looking at the post of last year's one and was just wondering if they still sold mini yellow xterras because i've been searching for one for ages! (I have a black range rover one though )

Old 03-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Extreme Fan

I'll definitely take part in it

Icon credit: Here
Old 03-28-2008, 04:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Angela, Jen, Anita, thanks for participating I'm sure Roz will add you as soon as she comes by.

Also taking part: Jasondohringfan (from LJ)

LJ
Icon by me - pic credit
Old 03-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Can I take part as well? No idea what I'll contribute, but I'll have a think about it!
Old 03-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Absolute Fan

You're added

We need some more people to join the project Feel free to pimp everyone

LJ
Icon by me - pic credit
Old 03-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee23 (View Post)
I'm definitely taking part!

I was looking at the post of last year's one and was just wondering if they still sold mini yellow xterras because i've been searching for one for ages! (I have a black range rover one though )
Hee...I got my mini Yellow Xterra's on Ebay and in fact gave one to Jason, as well as had him sign one for me. I'm sure you can still find one there.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy-J (View Post)
Anita , we encourage scanning the pics and handwritten letters, or typing a letter up, then send them to an e-mailaddress. At this time, the snail mail address is reserved for gifts only.

If there are many problems with mailing your scrapbook entry just pm me Are you taking part? I'm sure your are!
Oh yes, definitely taking part in both projects as I love them both!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:04 AM
Absolute Fan

Roz, can you add a list for the LJ people who want to participate? Right now four people signed up in this post:
-jasondohringfan
-fire_fly_stare_
-101randomwords
-xhoney_bee

Gracias

Anita, we totally knew and allready signed you up

LJ
Icon by me - pic credit
Old 03-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

I added everyone. Sorry I was a bit busy this weekend.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:38 AM
Absolute Fan

Also on board: candlewaxdream and skyroom80

Thanks for adding everyone Roz!

LJ
Icon by me - pic credit
Old 04-02-2008, 03:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowanlove (View Post)
Hee...I got my mini Yellow Xterra's on Ebay and in fact gave one to Jason, as well as had him sign one for me. I'm sure you can still find one there.
Hmm what did you type up when searching for it on ebay?