Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Supreme Fan

^

I have two brothers and when I was younger the both played the "Resident Evil" Game and they allowed me to watch it with them but I always had such nightmares after they played and one day on Halloween they were disguising themselves as Zombies and they hid outside my window, so I woke up because I heard a noise...it sounded like someone was scratching on my window, like the brave girl I thought I was I opend my window and my two brothers jumped into my room, a flashlight pointed to their faces and the two were screaming like hell...well and I too...and my mum.

And since then, I feel like they are still watching me.

Icon Credit
Sonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's evil
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Addicted Fan

First, Websites is dyslexed in the first post.

Second. I came up with another idea for the first post tonight. How we're kinda keeping track of the creatures featured, well.. Wendigo. I'd been pronouncing it "When-di-go" but the brothers pronounced it "When-de-go" so, I'm thinking maybe we should add a kind of pronunciation guide to the hard ones.

Like the pilot one now would be:

Pilot - Woman in White (also known as: The Weeping Woman, La Llounca["however it's pronounced, I took french, so someone who knows Spanish assist?"])

Wendigo would look like...

Wendigo - Wendigo ("When-De-Go") In the show a Wendigo is described as a human that becomes inhuman by cannibalism, some other folklore dictates that one becomes a wendigo by seeing a wendigo. In the cannibalism version, usually a native american, hunter, or miner who's tribe or group falls upon hard times where they are cut off from supplies and food. In order to survive the person feeds on their fellow tribesmen/hunters/miners, and over enough time of doing so begins to slowly change into the inhuman Wendigo. A Wendigo has supernatural speed and strength, and can mimic a human's voice. In some myth's it is said they can only be seen if looking directly at the witness, because they are too thin to see sideways. They collect their victims, keeping them alive in a dark area, to eat as they please during their hibernation. If they run out of human flesh they are known to scavernge from the woods, primarily eating moss. Myth's differ on the opinion of hairy versus bald, but all agree they are sallow and malformed, with yellowy eyes, long fangs, and a long tongue. The myth's say their heart is made of ice, and in order to kill the wendigo one must melt their icy heart.

Some links:
The Wendigo of the North Woods
Wendigo on Wikipedia (even references the show!)
Grey's Anatomy- Roomates and Exhibitionists. Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
I'm on Team Sophia, Team Denny, and Team Winchester. I want a Metallicar.
Bent137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Passionate Fan

you take the Wendigo description from the episode didn't you? if so congrats cause I wouldn't have been able to remember it all....unless I had recorded it and played it over and over again...

Icon credit: -louise-
lolitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Addicted Fan

I just remembered the basics and wrote it up. I'm adding a couple things now though. I did a quick search on Yahoo lol.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Passionate Fan

...well thats still great...I remembere a few things but not as much as you did...can't wait to read what you'll add to this and I wanted to tell you that your idea of a pronunciation guide is a really great idea!

Icon credit: -louise-
lolitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I felt dumb 'cause I had just said "When-di-go" aloud and three seconds later Sam was saying "When-De-Go" or was it Dean... I can't remember now.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya
^

I have two brothers and when I was younger the both played the "Resident Evil" Game and they allowed me to watch it with them but I always had such nightmares after they played and one day on Halloween they were disguising themselves as Zombies and they hid outside my window, so I woke up because I heard a noise...it sounded like someone was scratching on my window, like the brave girl I thought I was I opend my window and my two brothers jumped into my room, a flashlight pointed to their faces and the two were screaming like hell...well and I too...and my mum.

And since then, I feel like they are still watching me.
^ ^ oh man I don't blame ya for still being scared now. My older brothers and sisters would torture me by making me watch Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video. I was so scared of that video especially at the end when that laughing voice comes on. Now looking back at it, I LMAO when see that video now.

Bent137, thanks for posting that info! Tonight's creature reminded me a bit of Jeepers Creepers and those monsters from "Wrong Turn" movie.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:43 PM
New Fan

So where's the legend story going to be each week...here or in a separate thread...I really like being able to come here after each show and read up on the actual legend the show was based on.
oakie709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for that description. That was the one part of the episode I missed (my brother decided it was a perfect time to bother me)/ But I remember them doing the Wendigo on the first season of Charmed and it was described as a person who had been wronged by a lover thereby making their heart as cold as ice and they sought out of people with broken hearts. And on Charmed they were more like werewolves.

It was also pronounce When-de-go. I think I like the Supernatural folklore better than Charmed's.
MethodicWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I added the new info that Ash posted. I'm watching some of the interviews on websites, and I was watching the one with them at WB. Jared was talking about one experience at his buddy's, dude that was scaring. This is for Jared
Old 09-21-2005, 10:48 AM
New Fan

Urban Legends

I thought I posted this last night...but for some reason it didn't make it. Question??? Which thread is going to detail the particular urban legend for each eppy... i was under the impression that it was here....is it somewhere else?
oakie709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

We are going to keep all of them here, we don't really need a certain thread for each of them
Old 09-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Addicted Fan

... Which would totally be why I researched and typed all that but okay. Totally used to being invisible.

Also My dad also said Jeepers Creepers, as soon as they said about it every so many years in the papers.

I also thought of the ep of Buffy, Gingerbread, with the tale of "Hansel and Gretel"
Old 09-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't get your first comment
Reply   Post New Thread