Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well to be fair, I don't think it was CBS telling them couldn't go out on other pilots. I think rather that came from Warner Brothers Television, the actual company that produced the show. So as much as I'm ready to blame everything on freaking evil CBS, I don't think that part was them.

But they still really suck.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWant2BeMarjee (View Post)
Lizzy told me that they weren't even allowed to go out for other pilots, which really makes CBS suck even more. How do you tell people they can't go out for other projects and then not even bring their show back? Ugh!
That's just mean. They could have gotten a pilot that was conditional to The Class Darn CBS

Old 05-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja (View Post)
I'm still annoyed at CBS cancelling Still Standing. Silly stupid show but I liked it dammit!
still standing was one of the greats.. the networks are disappointing me let and right!

i don't know how cbs could tell them not to look for other work and then screw them over so badly!!!

i can't handle rejection.. i don't think i'd be able to be in that industry..
Old 05-17-2007, 05:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya (View Post)
Well to be fair, I don't think it was CBS telling them couldn't go out on other pilots. I think rather that came from Warner Brothers Television, the actual company that produced the show. So as much as I'm ready to blame everything on freaking evil CBS, I don't think that part was them.

But they still really suck.
Well Sam Harris posted another message on his myspace and he said his contract with The Class and CBS.

I don't know it still seems kind of ****ty. I mean the girls were in the same position with Related this time last year, and Lizzy, Kiele, and Jennifer all got other pilots that were conditional on whether Related got a second season. So their first commitment was to Related and if say both shows got the greenlight then their roles in the pilots would have to be recast.

I can't see why the cast couldn't have been allowed that this year.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sam posted on his myspace again? Did he say something about them not being able to go out for pilots too? Sorry, I just can't access myspace from work so was wondering what he wrote. I had seen his first posting announcing the cancellation.

I know the show is cancelled and I've accepted that, but I'm really waiting for some sort of statement from Klarik or Crane. I don't know. I feel like I just want some sort of closure on their part.

I'm even waiting for Jesse to post on his myspace. Several people have left him comments, but he has yet to post anything either. I know he's been online several times, but maybe he's just not ready to yet.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya (View Post)
Sam posted on his myspace again? Did he say something about them not being able to go out for pilots too? Sorry, I just can't access myspace from work so was wondering what he wrote. I had seen his first posting announcing the cancellation.

I know the show is cancelled and I've accepted that, but I'm really waiting for some sort of statement from Klarik or Crane. I don't know. I feel like I just want some sort of closure on their part.

I'm even waiting for Jesse to post on his myspace. Several people have left him comments, but he has yet to post anything either. I know he's been online several times, but maybe he's just not ready to yet.
Yeah, I've been checking Jesse's myspace constantly for a blog from him. I didn't realize he was online though. Maybe he needs a couple of days to get his thoughts together and emotions in check.

Yeah Sam posted another message. Here's what it says...

Quote:
Hey everybody -

The announcement below was just a quick note as soon as I found out. But I wanted to take a minute to thank you for watching, for cheering us on, and for being so supportive. Doing this show was such an extraordinary experience. The people I got to work with, from the creators, David and Jeffrey, to the writers to the great James Burrows to the crew to the cast - all were top notch. Since this was my first series (not my last!) I feel spoiled to have learned with this crew of pros.

As I said in the annoucement, I am disappointed. But I am not discouraged. Not at all. This show was such a blessing for me. It put me out there in a completely new way. Yes, I love to sing - it has always been my greatest joy, but those of you who have seen me in concert know that comedy and writing are also thrilling to me. To get to do this wonderful character and to watch them write for my rhythms and sensibility of Perry was truly incredible.

But we move on. I have so many things brewing right now, kids, that I hardly have time to come up for air. I can't talk about them, but there are several projects including TV and film, that I couldn't completely pursue while I was under contract to Warner Brothers and CBS on The Class. While I am sad that I won't be working with these people every day, I know that it has served its purpose. It has done what it ws meant to do.

I believe that everything is perfect all the time. Chaos and confusion and disappointment are the things that create change and perspective and growth. I am excited about things that are coming up and believe me - now that I've tasted TV - I plan on being back as soon as I can!

All best to everyone. I am blessed to have you.

Much much love,
Sam
Old 05-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Jeez i seems like CBS are just really strict. They like to keep their stars to themselves until they are good and done with them

Old 05-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you Vicky. I'm still waiting to hear from someone other than Sam.

I've seen Jesse online at least three or four times, so it might be he just isn't ready to talk about it yet.

James Burrows is working on the new Fox sitcom with Kelsey Grammar and Patricia Heaton, not that that would have much mattered if the show got picked up. Every episode wasn't going to be directed by him anyway.

I'm just surpised there has been no word from Klarik or Crane yet, which in part makes me think they are still scrambling, or maybe trying to field interest from other parties. Granted, Sam writes as if its a done deal, but its not as if he was one of the main cast members anyway. Just makes me go hmmm....
Old 05-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

ABC looks like it has a strong fall line-up, but NBC doesn't look that way at all. Perhaps NBC, CBS, and Fox will be in need of some mid-season show replacements and the actors will have time to audition for those shows. I am disappointed that CBS/whoever caused it so that "The Class" cast couldn't audition for other pilots, but maybe we'll be luckier mid-season...
Old 05-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

Can they do that? Or would they pick from the pilots that they rejected already?

Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CrazyBeautiful- (View Post)
Can they do that? Or would they pick from the pilots that they rejected already?
If they do that, then we won't be seeing anything from her for another year, I gues...
Old 05-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

That's so sad Unless she gets a new movie!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CrazyBeautiful- (View Post)
That's so sad Unless she gets a new movie!
Has she been in many movies? I must admit that I've only followed her TV career. I don't know if I've seen her in any movies ....?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure you've probably seen her in Mean Girls. She played Janice. The goth girl who was friends with the gay guy

Old 05-31-2007, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

i think mean girls was the first movie that i ever saw her in.. i remembered her from Smallville with her slightly obsessive Lana Wannabe..