Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2020, 03:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I did the same over at their campaign on the request board

I don't know if I think its a shame or if I really care. It doesn't make a huge difference & for some it will be more inviting, but it also never had anything to do with anything bad. It came from a style of houses. There was nothing racist in their intent. But oh well. A name doesn't change how amazing they are

What do you think of their song Champagne Night?

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

these things happen. Lady A works just as well.

I still need to listen to it!
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Violent Delights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 06:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I've only listened to it once or twice. It is fun but not a fav of mine but I generally don't connect with alcohol related songs so that could be why.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-13-2020, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

as someone who doesn't drink the stuff, neither do I.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 06-13-2020, 05:06 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's my reasoning too . I remember watching a video & thinking it was fun seeing them interacting with their families though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-16-2020, 12:37 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Their new name caused issues straight away but hopefully won't be for too long

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-16-2020, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

It's tough to find an original name these days, but they must have been in too much of a rush to thoroughly check the name they were changing to. Especially when it's one that they'd already been known as.
Quote:
Celestin adds that if two artists who work in different genres end up with the same name, they can reach a coexistence agreement that allows both groups to market music under the name by acknowledging the slim chance for confusion. “But you could say that blues is the foundation of country, so they’re very close in genre, and if they’re close in genre there’s much more confusion in the marketplace,” he says.
Either this will happen, or they'll go back/change to something else. Their reasons for changing it in the first place makes it unlikely that they'll fight over a name this artist already uses.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 06-16-2020, 01:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I can't imagine they'll fight it. Since no new name has come up straight away though makes me wonder if they'll just try to coexist despite the closeness in genre.

I agree, it is hard to find an original name. Then it would be hard for them to suddenly say they're something completely different. I think they would've just gone with what to them was their second name, without doing the research. Its not like anyone had figured out sooner that what they were being known as was actually the name of another singer & they've been known as Lady A for years now. Probably since the beginning. She shouldn't have to change anything, its not her fault, & its her name. Lady Antebellum should be the ones to change if anyone changes. But I was watching a video on her FB page about how she's hurt by it & didn't want to change. But it shouldn't be on her, its all on them. They made the mistake so need to fix it. From what she said they reached out to her on instagram or something straight away. Then to see they've already spoken with her looks like they were told pretty quickly about it & wanted to mend things with her. Hopefully they have.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-16-2020, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

I'm sure we'll find out pretty soon.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 06-17-2020, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks posting the name change and all the latest information on Lady A.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:33 PM
Graphics Team Manager

New collaboration:

(read the second tweet first )

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-29-2020, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting I will have to check it out!
Old 06-29-2020, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Same here, but it doesn't sound like my kind of theme.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 06-29-2020, 03:20 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I listened to it & lyrically I liked it. It isn't a song I'd necessarily buy just to hear Lady A, but its not a bad listen. I really liked the lyrics & at some points it could relate to feelings you have towards anyone. The parts where they aren't specifically mentioning God that is. Then other times I agreed simply as they made a comment about how God is hearts not a building & I completely agree with that as I don't think someone's faith should be judged or weighed on how they choose to practice it. But then I lost my faith in God or believing in that years ago so I can't connect to the song personally.

Lyrics if anyone wants to just look at those

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-30-2020, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Okay, I’ll give it a go.

Edit: wait, now they're suing Lady A for use of the name? They'd have been better off sticking with Antebellum.
- icon - k-pop - Dave

Last edited by Violent Delights; 07-08-2020 at 11:07 PM
Reply   Post New Thread