Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NutMeg82:
Oh. My. Gawd. These versions of "Let's Get it On"........Ron, you HAVE to get these!! I must get them to you.
Um, hell yeah! I want to be on fire all ovah, too ya know. [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]
orion_d13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Do you have AIM? I can probably send the files to you over that. Sometimes email doesn't work, but I could ask around [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I just HAVE to share these with someone!!

my screenname is nutmeg283
this a prince song. the lyrics don't make much sense, but then again, neither does prince, does he? little man, symbol man, little ass, lots of women. he's like an elf - a sex elf, making fudgy sex cookies.

Matt Nathanson
NutMeg82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Extreme Fan

^ my screen name is treyd13 on aol.

i'll try and get on it sometime, let me know the best time eh?
Old 10-02-2003, 06:38 PM
Extreme Fan

okay, i'm hella excited now.

according to this
Gavin is going to be at The Fillmore in SF, CA. 11/24.

And according to this
Damie Rice is going to be at the Fillmore in SF, CA *one* day before Gavin. the 23rd.

[img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img]

I'm freaking out M!! Youdontevenknow! It's fate yo. It's gotta be. Fate is telling me I have to be in CA so I can see both of these amazing artists. (er, wait, that's three cause I totally forgot about Maroon5) OMG*$111111. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

It's so on now. Oh yeah. SO. freakin. ON.

And...if the road trip doesn't pan out, I'm still gonna buy a ticket to Cali. Wheeeee!

[ 10-02-2003: Message edited orion_d13 ]
Old 10-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

You're not online! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I'm listening to LGiO like over and over and it's getting to where I just might lick the speakers that utter this sweet, sweet music.

Let me do what I wanna do...all I wanna do is make love to you
*insert girly scream*

And in the version that's actually at a concert, Gavin is SOOOO flippin' hilarious. He starts talking to the guys in the audience and making fun of them for not singing along.
"All the dudes are like this, *lowers voice* 'I'm not singin' that ****. Yo, dudes don't sing, man. Dudes don't sing, they rap. All the dudes are crossing their arms in the house, right. *regular voice* Can't sing that ****?! *sings the verse again then the audience sing back*
[img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Ok, you mustmustmust go to both those shows! It IS fate! She booked it that way just for you. To think....Gavin AND Damien could be in the same city at the same time. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Ok, and after that sentence, "Gavin" and "Damien" are really sweetass names.

But what you mean if the roadtrip doesn't pan out? What's happened? That sounded like so much fun. If I was to take a Gavin roadtrip, we'd have to use someone else's car, cuz I have neither a tape or cd player in my car. What's the use if you can't listen to his tunes, yo? That's why I'm bummed I'm driving to Dallas, cuz we can't listen to Gavin, and the friends I'm taking don't know him at all.

just some pics of Gavin where i cut out the fans [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

he has the *nicest* skin. i think he looks adorable in this pic

this a prince song. the lyrics don't make much sense, but then again, neither does prince, does he? little man, symbol man, little ass, lots of women. he's like an elf - a sex elf, making fudgy sex cookies.

Matt Nathanson
Old 10-02-2003, 11:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

But what you mean if the roadtrip doesn't pan out? What's happened? That sounded like so much fun. If I was to take a Gavin roadtrip, we'd have to use someone else's car, cuz I have neither a tape or cd player in my car. What's the use if you can't listen to his tunes, yo? That's why I'm bummed I'm driving to Dallas, cuz we can't listen to Gavin, and the friends I'm taking don't know him at all.
*IF* my friend's schedule doesn't work out, then the road trip won't happen. We'll see how it goes, but right now, it's still on and I am still hopeful. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Now, what would a roadtrip be like without tunes? That is so wrong. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Can't you bring a mini stereo or something?

And I didn't get on my comp until late tonight so I'll catch ya later? Had a mini final in class today, and I sat around watching Must See Tv after, de-fragmenting my brain.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hmmm, I wonder if my sister would let me bring her stereo....I'll have to get those mondo batteries. I'll certainly try.

And I'll be leaving for the halfway point to Dallas, my friend's place, around 3 or 3:30, so I may not see you online tonight either. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Silly friend doesn't have an internet connection. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'm gonna die not being able to immediately post the day's events on Saturday. I'll have to write it down somehow, just to keep it fresh and hysterical. OMG, my Gavinfest has almost started!!!!! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

But once I get back, I'm gonna be lookin' for you online. Gotta send you these files, just gotta! My friend in Oklahoma came on long enough for me to send her stuff last night. She hadn't heard any of Gavin's stuff yet, and she was floored immediately. Called Let's Get it On "pure sex!". [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Why not? So now she's buying the cd today. Then I found out later that Gavin will be in Tulsa in November and she wants me to come up and see him there too! Eeeeee!, I so want too!

Matt Nathanson
Old 10-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm about to leave!!!!!!!!!!! See you Sunday!!!!!

*skips out the door*

Matt Nathanson
Old 10-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] go on with yer bad self, Meg. Enjoy it for all of us!
Old 10-05-2003, 01:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

There's NO way I can type up everything that happened last night in this short break before we leave for the Austin show, but I will say this is the BEST weekend of my life. You will *not* guess what happened last night, I'm still in shock/oncloud9/dazed from it all. I cannot wait to share everything that happened, it's AMAZING!

Matt Nathanson
Old 10-05-2003, 04:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Finally people who know who Gavin DeGraw is. No one at my school knows about him, so I have to burn the CD for everybody and they end up loving it. My sister and I are so hooked on this CD right now, and hes touring with Maroon 5...i am definately going to that.
gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gotmilk:
<STRONG>Finally people who know who Gavin DeGraw is. No one at my school knows about him, so I have to burn the CD for everybody and they end up loving it. My sister and I are so hooked on this CD right now, and hes touring with Maroon 5...i am definately going to that.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Yay! That's just great. It's like our obligated duty to burn people Gavin's song, and I especially love it when they become fans. It's a nice feeling.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>There's NO way I can type up everything that happened last night in this short break before we leave for the Austin show, but I will say this is the BEST weekend of my life. You will *not* guess what happened last night, I'm still in shock/oncloud9/dazed from it all. I cannot wait to share everything that happened, it's AMAZING!</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] We can't wait!
Old 10-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Omg, this has taken me forever!!! Enjoy!!!

Sorry to keep everyone in suspense for so long. It’s been a looooooong day!! Ok, be prepared for a crazy-long post. I’m typing this in Word, to save forever, so I’m getting the details.

The In-Store:
My friends and I arrive at the Virgin store, walk around for just a few minutes, and then I see Kristen turn around and wave with a shirt similar to mine in design. We so/very easily fell into conversation, giggles, and squeals. I came with two friends, but I spent pretty much the whole time with Kristen and Holly. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] They understood I needed to dork out with “my people.” We positioned ourselves to the left of the keyboard, not 7 feet away. I remember (I think Kristen) asking if seeing that Motif 8 keyboard sitting there got me excited…..um….YES. We were all pretty much lined up in the front, and I’m sure I’m speaking for all of us, when I say we felt a bit silly with our shirts on. I sure didn’t know how Gavin and the gang would take them. I looked back and saw Alvin focusing in on what we were wearing and making this face that said, “What a couple of nutjobs.” lol. There wasn’t a huge crowd by any means, but whatever, the performance was incredible. Gavin sang Just Friends, Follow Through, Chariot, I Don’t Wanna Be, and Let’s Get it On. Holy hell, I was NOT prepared for him to bust out with LGiO! For most of it he pushed the mic away and just sang like he was born sing. He did it all sitting down, but it was still pure SEX.
Then there was the signing part. And I know before I was going to bring Gavin a shirt, but turns out I didn’t estimate the sizes very well. My friend saw the shirt and wanted to try one on, and when I saw that the shirt I intended to wear was snug on her (she’s a tiny thing) I decided I’d have to wear the larger size. So my friend, Sara, wore the smaller, but she had on this tanktop underneath, so when we got up to the table, she whipped it off for Gavin to sign! It says, “To Meg…thanx for designing this shirt.” [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] We all took our little pictures and walked outside to the side of the building where their bus was, so we watched the people as they rolled out the set. One of the guys was Sean, who we’d learn was the tour manager. This is where things go into a blur because it was so unreal. He was asking about our shirts and mainly talking to Holly, and I think he believed she made them. I vaguely remember my other friend, Ruth, trying to talk over things and say they were my design. Somehow, he figured it out and the only words I remember him saying were “shirts”….. “liked”…. “licensing”. Then something about making him two more shirts for him and Gavin later at the concert. It *still* doesn’t seem like it happened. I just remember walking back to the parking garage and Sara bursting in with several “Oh My Gods!” as I shook things off like it was a dream.

*continued*

Matt Nathanson
Old 10-06-2003, 01:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Concert
We wasted a little time at Starbucks, then headed to the venue, where, as we were walking up to the line, we see Kristen and Holly beckoning us like mad. Turns out Sean had come by again and said something about getting us VIP passes to the after party and getting my email address. I¡¦m really not the one to describe this part. Kristen should tell you guys about the nice card they gave him. Again, I was floored. VIP¡K¡Kus??? I¡¦m so glad I¡¦m a dork who wanted to make a t-shirt! We waited by the building for quite some time, which was fine by me because we could hear, and feel, Gavin rehearsing inside. I almost want to say he was performing for some people, because he was singing entire songs, one I¡¦d never heard, so I¡¦m expecting/hoping it was Glass. Then the morons organizing things said people with actual tickets had to start a new line around the back, you wouldn¡¦t believe the stampede! We still got decent spots in line and waited some more¡K.and some more. Once the doors opened we dashed to the stage, where we, unfortunately, came into contact with that horrible woman mentioned before. She was INTOLERABLE! I hope to blame some of her behavior on the alcohol, because no one should be that horrible regularly. She¡¦d push as hard as she could and then blame us! And I am by no means confrontational, but she lashed out at me and I lashed back, only with words, but I couldn¡¦t let her think she was getting her way.
Aaaaanyway, Marc¡¦s set: in-cred-i-ble. I had no idea he¡¦d put on such a great show. Those little dances he did, and that VOICE! I lovelovelove that Save Me song, right behind my love for The Wanderer. I was so happy I knew most of the words to the songs he played. Totally blown away and am killing myself I didn¡¦t buy the cd that night. The crowd loved him, as they should. I can¡¦t believe I took an entire role of film, just of him. What I can¡¦t believe even more, is that the batteries to my camera died on his final song. That means no pictures for Gavin¡¦s set. ƒ¼ I was CRUSHED. Twice would I be unable to document his set. At least I¡¦d be seeing him the next night, so I just let myself become involved in Gavin completely. We could not have wished for a better crowd, they went NUTS over Gavin. It was odd at first, because he came out sans hat. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] He put it on later, but I still find it odd to see him hatless. If I remember, he sang (in sort of order) Chemical Party, Crush, Overrated, Just Friends, Let¡¦s Get it On, I Don¡¦t Wanna Be, Cop Stop, Follow Through, and Chariot. You¡¦ll have to tell me if I¡¦m missing anything. Ok, we know the best song to talk about is Let¡¦s Get it On. Oh. My. GAWD!!!! This time was a trazillion times better than when I first saw it performed. His body¡K.the mic¡K.the shirt coming off¡K.the hands running all over his body. Ok, I just paused for quite a few minutes just to relive those moments. *blush* We were all situated in front of the main mic he used when standing during that song, so we were in utter heaven. Especially when he did that leaning over thing with the mic, damn the gate for separating us!! I almost died when he collapsed down on his knees a la James Brown, it was freakin¡¦ awesome!! After that I was expecting someone to come out with a cape so he could really do it James style, haha. But Jeeeezus, what a performance!

Matt Nathanson
Reply   Post New Thread