Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Master Fan

LemurBean - WOW. That was an amazing post. I'm going to have to read over it again (and again) - you caught so many different things and I love your analysis and theories. Very in-depth. Love it.
onebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
LemurBean - WOW. That was an amazing post. I'm going to have to read over it again (and again) - you caught so many different things and I love your analysis and theories. Very in-depth. Love it.
ITA!

Lemurbean, you realy figured a lot out!!!

I have to re-read it several times too to since it has so much good info.
icon by desired_designs/LJ
Alauda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

wow LemurBean

amazing post!
~Lisa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love your thoughts on the episode, LemurBean!

I loved the episode and found a lot of references myself. I just can't express myself that well (may I use the "english-is-not-my-first-language" excuse here )
Old 05-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Extreme Fan

LemurBean, very very good post, and very well said. Bravo. This alo goes to show how much effort HH must have put into writing this epiosde, truel a tribute to us true blue Bones fans who have faithfully followed the show thus far. People who haven't wouldn't have caught all this sutble hints and references. Who said Bones doesn't have continuity?!

Booth Brennan

icon: tempertemper
More_Than_Partners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

LemurBean - you did ALL that in invert zoo?

And I personally LOVED the references to other cases/episodes. VERY good writing in that angle. And Hart DID write this one himself.

Also love seeing everyone in here discussing the eppy so much!
Old 05-15-2009, 07:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Kudos to Hart, very smart and well-written episode indeed!

Booth Brennan

Old 05-15-2009, 08:32 AM
New Fan

I have mixed emotions about this epi. I kinda liked it, it was fun and BB had all these great scenes together, but it wasn't for real, and that is just annoying.
and the end - wtf - is it a Danielle steele movie or is it Bones for crying out loud.

I hate when people lie, so HH shame on you, you could just have left it at they are going to be in bed together naked, but noooo you had to go out and promise us more, but not living up to it. what a shame. And he said that the sex would have big ramifications, well don't see it.

-but it all kinda depends on season five, because how quickly are they gonna solve Booths problems and are they ever gonna let booth and brennan gonna be together for real...
I am so tired of hearing about moonlighting - that is just the worst excuse ever to not bring a couple together and it has worked for a lot of showes to bring the couple together, and if you still have a good writer staff that can come up with intelligent plots it wont be a problem, the problem is when the show goes all crazy and uses too much from the soap operas because they can come up with new storylines, it is not that a couple gets together that is the problem.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Extreme Fan

I still loved the episode, and even if it was AU, which may not be... head over to spoiler thread for our "conspiracy theories" like mentioned by I think Karen or was it Shauna, there is BB progression. Getting Brennan to realise and know that she loves Booth is a BIG thing.

Booth Brennan

Old 05-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've decided to forgive harty. They still had sex. And the BB moments were cute ones so yeah. good job hh
greyocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Extreme Fan

I wasn't angry with the sex not being real thing, well it could be real still.... but I was more angry over the Booth amnesia thing.

Booth Brennan

Old 05-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah that was pretty annoying, but like... it wouldnt be very clifhangery (lol?) if there was no cliffhanger plus we allllllllll no eventually theyll end up together, so we must not fret
Old 05-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Total Fan

I just noticed something (and excuse me if someone already pointed this out): The last voice over bit wasn't all what Brennan wrote. She didn't write the whole "you see two people, you think they belong together, and nothing happens..." part, where she's writing what's in the voice over doesn't start until "That's the burden".

You can see in the screen cap here that nothing of what was said before "that's the burden" is what was said in the voice over.
A storm approaches. It's still over the horizon, but there is lightening in the air. Are either of them aware of the gathering turbulence? Can they feel that crackle of electricity in the wind, or are they aware of only the power they generate between themselves?
Everything Happens Eventually
JJ4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

its becuase somethings ALWAYS happening with BB so it didnt apply ;p
Old 05-15-2009, 11:44 AM
New Fan

I was incredibly disappointed in this episode, though it was no fault of the actors. They were all as good as ever. The writers, however, obviously got lazy. The episode had absolutely no introduction whatsoever, so even though it is immediately apparent that it is a dream sequence, the audience spends the entire episode wondering what is going on.

Additionally, dream sequences usually do nothing to advance or contribute to the plot of the series overall and this was no exception. The entire episode felt like an easy way for the writers to end the episode on a high impact note (Booth's amnesia, which was the best part of the episode, although it felt forced given the 55 minutes preceding it) without having to fill the remaining time with any actual events. Those 55 minutes could have been better spent exploring the ways the characters were dealing with the trauma of Booth's surgery. They started to do it in the previous episode and there was a lot of really good material there that they could have worked with, which could have made for an absolutely phenomenal episode, but the writers took the easy way out.

That being said, the overall acting was, as previously mentioned, quite good. The Booth/Brennan dynamic was great, although it is disappointing to have seen the impact of them being a "couple" wasted in this way, as it could have been exceptionally powerful if used in an episode that actually advanced the plot. Sweets, as mentioned, stole the show (his musical talent was impressive), although I thought Keenan did a great job.

Ultimately, I was very disappointed to see such a great potential get lost to a dream episode. It is almost a slap in the face to the audience to take the one thing that the audience is waiting to see and show it in a way that is meaningless and without any lasting value.
Mugsey05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top