Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Id like to have him play the villain in a movie, dont think weve seen him do that yet and so itd be interesting to have him be 'evil'!

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:44 AM
Elite Fan

He was evil in Murder By Numbers, though that wasn't the greatest movie for a lot of people.

Something like the Daniel Plainview character in There Will Be Blood would be interesting.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww yeah Ive seen Murder by Numbers, dont really remember it though, Id forgotten he was in it

Yeah, that kind of role would be great also, maybe something a bit more ... fun villainy? like the Joker was

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 03-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah agreed. Something more villainy would be really interesting. something different.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually just really want him to do something with Colin Firth hehe. LIke kind of his character in the king's speech.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Anyone watched Deadwood? I can really see him as Bullock (Who is also from Ontario)!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have heard of that show but I have never watched it so I wouldn't know lol.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's a pioneer western, very well made and I find it very entertaining. Timothy Olyphant played a Sheriff (from Ontario) named Seth Bullock. I can picture Ryan in a role like that after Drive and Ides.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds interesting. Will check that out.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's a very well written and well made series. It's a bit rough but it's very entertaining. I hope you will enjoy it!

I was watching Veum on TV the other day. Basically he's one of the nordic detective that is so popular around the world nowadays Not sure why lol.

I was thinking Ryan would make a great contemporary Private Detective. Maybe a bit of an underdog as a character, former insurance investigator or a social worker for children. Throw him in an interesting, snowy setting (Fargo or the Sweet Hereafter?) like Canada or Detroit or Minneapolis (so he can wear something like below), have him butt heads with both the police and small/big criminals.

Would be fun to see lol.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ooh that does sound like fun
Old 01-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

I am not sure if anyone's aware of the blacklist. It's basically an annual list of the best unproduced script in Hollywood. Juno, The Social Network and the King's Speech were some of them, and I am sure many were too.

Last year there was one call the Outsider, written by Andrew Baldwin. I was reading Total Film Magazine today and they had this to say (in their wish list):

Quote:
Drive with samurai swords and twisted criminal honour. Man-of-the-moment Ryan Gosling kills as the former POW - that pristine torso intricately tattooed with Oscar-worthy Yakuza body art - before being propelled to new heights of mania by mental Japanese auteur Takashi Miike
Here's the rough plot:
Quote:
The title character is an American who spent WWII as a POW in Japan. He stays in Japan after the war ends, and works his way through the rituals and hardships to become the rare outsider who gains membership in the Yakuza, the organized crime outfit. It was developed at Linson Entertainment, based on an idea by John Linson.
Quote:
This spec script recently sold to Warner Brothers with Art Linson producing. Which makes sense, since The Outsider is like another Art Linson production from the late 1980s, The Untouchables. The story here follows a disillusioned World War II American soldier named Nick who is facing court marshall and who ends up in a Chinese prison, facing torture, starvation, and possible death. His cellmate is a Japanese man who turns out is part of the yakuza, which is essentially the Japanese mob. After Nick proves his mettle in prison by blinding a belligerent prisoner and refusing to rat out this yakuza member to the guards, the Jap takes Nick in, and the two eventually head to Japan to live the gangster life. There Nick meets a beautiful but standoffish Japanese woman who, lo and behold, is his friend's sister. WIll be there forbidden romance? Of course.
Miike is not for everything, but I can see this totally work! Especially with Ryan's track record with different auteurs. What do you guys think?

Warner has the right to the script now, so it is not out of the realm of possibility that they may want Ryan for the role. And Andrew who penned the script is actually currently working on the script of Logan's run with Nic and Ryan. And Nic has a soft sport for classic Japanese genre cinema it seems. But everyone's slate is so full at the moment.

Last edited by mooomin; 01-27-2012 at 10:42 AM
Old 01-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm it does sound interesting and something I could see Ryan kind of doing. It would depends I think of how it is filmed as well if it will be good to watch though
Old 01-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

It sounds very cinematic. Although Miike's films are not for everyone. But then so are Nic Winding Refn's. But I would love to see Ryan tackle more challenging and interesting roles like this!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

True. It would be challenging with all the emotions he would have to portray and different scenarios. Casting though also has an impact for me