Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2016, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

Interesting, Scott Eastwood revealed he auditioned for Passengers:
Quote:
Glamour: Was there a role that you really wanted that you didn’t get during those years commuting back and forth?
Scott: Hmm. In those years…no, but there was a role recently that I thought was one of the best scripts out there that I auditioned for. It’s called Passengers, and it’s coming out in December.

Glamour: For the Chris Pratt role?

Scott: Yeah. But, you know, he's Chris Pratt, so they’re gonna hire him. [Laughs] Who’s Scott Eastwood?!
Scott Eastwood Reveals the Chris Pratt Role He Auditioned for and Really Wanted (but Didn't Get) | Glamour
Old 09-19-2016, 12:17 AM
Master Fan

I am seriously never gonna get over Rachel not being in this one.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

We could've gotten Chris Pratt and Rachel McAdams together LOL
Old 09-24-2016, 02:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikayla (View Post)
As much as I love Chris (huge Parks & Rec fan over here), I thought Keanu Reeves was perfect for the part. But maybe, because he was already attached to this before Rachel came onboard.

Follow-up from the IG post. Sadly no Rachel cameo, but they did a sketch/episode which is set on-set of a Rachel McAdams movie:
Old 09-24-2016, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

That skit is TOO FUNNY! I loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikayla (View Post)
This is funny too, a coworker of mine asked if I'd seen the Passengers trailer and I was telling her how Rachel & Keanu were supposed to do it instead and she said, "IMAGINE RACHEL AND CHRIS PRATT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey- (View Post)
As much as I love Chris (huge Parks & Rec fan over here), I thought Keanu Reeves was perfect for the part. But maybe, because he was already attached to this before Rachel came onboard.
I read someone's commentary on Twitter talking about how they had loved the script and the trailer made it seem like the movie was "dumbed down" and kind of goofy, and I have to agree. I think Rachel/Keanu were perfect for the script we read, but the trailer doesn't really seem to align with that very well, like maybe they lightened up the movie when they cast JLaw & Pratt.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the skit too!
Old 10-03-2016, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Looks like we might know what Rachel's next project is going to be:

Quote:
Spotlight star Rachel McAdams is attached to star alongside Rachel Weisz in Chilean director Sebastián Lelio’s (Gloria) Disobedience.

The film is an adaptation of author Naomi Alderman’s novel of the same name.

As well as starring in the film, Oscar-winner Weisz is also set to produce alongside Room producer Ed Guiney of Dublin-based Element Pictures and Spanish producer Frida Torresblanco (Pan’s Labyrinth) of New York-based Braven Films.

Room and Carol financiers Film4 are backing the project.

Lelio has co-written the script with British dramatist and screenwriter Rebecca Lenkiewicz, who collaborated with Polish film-maker Pawel Pawlikowski on the screenplay of Oscar-winner Ida.

A London shoot is planned for this winter.

Alderman’s novel revolves around Ronit, the estranged daughter of a rabbi, who returns from New York to the Orthodox Jewish neighbourhood she grew up in North London, following her father’s death. Her arrival causes upheaval in the quiet community.

McAdams recently shot Marvel fantasy Doctor Strange. Weisz recently wrapped production on Fox Searchlight title My Cousin Rachel opposite Sam Claflin and also has the James Marsh drama The Mercy due for release next year.
More: Rachel McAdams joins Rachel Weisz in Sebastián Lelio’s 'Disobedience' | News | Screen
Old 10-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds like an exciting project!
Old 10-04-2016, 12:10 AM
Master Fan

GUYS, I AM NO JOKE TRIPPIN'. I can't wait to read this book!
Old 10-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Variety also confirms the report:
Quote:
Rachel McAdams is in negotiations to star in adaptation of the Naomi Alderman novel “Disobedience,” opposite Rachel Weisz.

Weisz will produce alongside Ed Guiney, who will produce through his Element Pictures shingle, Frida Torresblanco, who will produce through her banner Braven Films, and Film 4. Sebastian Lelio direct the film based on a script he co-wrote with Rebecca Lenkiewicz.

In the original book, the story follows young woman (Weisz) who returns to her Orthodox Jewish home after learning about the death of her estranged father. She causes an upheaval in the quiet community when she rekindles a repressed love with her best friend – a woman now married to her cousin. McAdams will play the best friend in the pic.

Production is expected to get under way in the first quarter of 2017.

McAdams is coming off a strong 2015 with HBO’s “True Detective,” The Weinstein Company’s “Southpaw,” and Open Road’s “Spotlight,” which earned her an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress. She can next be seen in Marvel’s “Doctor Strange” opposite Benedict Cumberbatch and Tilda Swinton, which opens Nov. 4.

She is repped by WME and Magnolia Entertainment.
Rachel McAdams, Rachel Weisz to Co-Star in ‘Disobedience’ (EXCLUSIVE) | Variety
Old 10-05-2016, 12:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

YES! FINALLY! This looks like it's gonna be so worth the wait! I loved the plotline and like Amanda, I can't wait to read this book. I'm sure Rachel would be pleased to work with Rachel Weisz once again - if To the Wonder counts as a common project for them Thanks so much for the news, Lindsey. This is very exciting
Old 10-05-2016, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

I always wondered if she had scenes with Weisz in To The Wonder. I think it was reported that Weisz played Ben Affleck's sister in that movie.

Film4's official production twitter account also seems to confirm the report:

Plus, EW also confirms the reports:
Quote:
Rachel McAdams is in talks to join Rachel Weisz in the upcoming film Disobedience, EW has confirmed.

Disobedience is an adaptation of the novel of the same name by Naomi Alderman. The story follows a Ronit (Weisz) who visits her Orthodox Jewish family after the death of her estranged father. While there, she reignites a forbidden love affair with her childhood best friend Esti (McAdams), who is now married to Ronit’s cousin. The relationship upsets the conservative Orthodox Jewish community.
Disobedience: Rachel McAdams in talks to star opposite Rachel Weisz in romantic drama | EW.com
Not sure what to make of it, but the Screen Daily report mentions a "New York-set drama". From what I get from summaries, the book is set in London and they are going to film in London. This could mean, Rachel will do an accent?
Old 10-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the news!
Old 10-06-2016, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

I'm just so nervous it isn't going to work out! I hate that time between when "in talks" reports come out and when it starts filming.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

I think it's a good sign that Film4 twitter posted it, but still. A lot can happen in the mean time (look what happened with Passengers).

We might have another project to look forward to. Got a google alert from a Belgium movie news site, and they are reporting that Rachel is attached to star in Thomas Vinterberg's upcoming movie "Kursk", alongside Matthias Schoenaerts and Colin Firth. From their site (lose translation):
Quote:
In March filming for the delayed movie "Kursk" will begin, based on the facts-based submarine drama from director Thomas Vinterberg. Rachel McAdams and Colin Firth are also attached.

"Matthias played an important role to get the greenligt of production. He brought in Vinterberg and because of him the production moved forward fast", according to Schoenaert's manager Ken Lambrechts.
From: Indrukwekkende reeks Matthias Schoenaerts-projecten bevestigd - Vertigo
According to Vertigo, this report was based on a press release (by Schoenaerts' management):

Deadline has reports on Matthias Schoenaerts and Colin Firth joining this movie but I haven't seen a report yet on Rachel being in talks for this.

Last edited by winterbird; 10-08-2016 at 11:40 PM