Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2016, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey- (View Post)
Author of "Eligible" fan casted Rachel if a movie was ever made:
Coincidence or conspiracy: Kayleen just posted this on IG, she's reading Eligible book:
Old 05-18-2016, 10:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wow! Even though I think it's a mere coincidence, it's still nice to see Although Kayleen seems to me like a serious bookworm who's always on some new book, I suspect that she's a member of the bookclub Rachel mentioned in her post-Oscar nomination statement So there might be a reason why she's reading this I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Btw, Kayleen looks so gorgeous in this photo!
Old 05-19-2016, 01:12 AM
Master Fan

I also think it's a coincidence But I just thought it was a fun connection since the author mentioned Rachel before. The book seems to be the book of the month at the Book Of The Month Club.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Do you think this might be the one Rachel was talking about, Lindsey? I don't know why but I think that hers was a much more smaller one with a couple of her close friends and Kayleen I wish we could find a way of access to their book list somehow - like on Goodreads or something
Old 05-21-2016, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

I really do think it's just a close group of friends, but that doesn't mean that they don't take inspiration from book of the month clubs!
Old 05-22-2016, 03:50 AM
Master Fan

@ Laleb - I think it's probably a different one, I assume they are already reading their next book club book And I agree with you guys, it's probably a close group of friends.

Still waiting for a new project announcement, even a rumored announcement would be fine.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Variety's article on the 10 year anniversary of The Devil Wears Prada includes a mention of Rachel:
Quote:
With Streep on board, Fox greenlit “The Devil Wears Prada,” but they needed a young actress to play Andy. Hathaway had fought hard to be considered for the project, following family hits like “The Princess Diaries” and “Ella Enchanted.” After she met Hacken for the first time, she recalls leaving a not-so-subtle message on her desk by tracing the words “hire me” in the sand of a zen garden, and letting the executive discover it after their meeting had ended. But Fox wanted a big movie star to play Andy, and pursued Rachel McAdams (who had headlined “The Notebook” and “Mean Girls”) for the role. Although she was co-starring in the studio’s “The Family Stone,” McAdams turned down “Prada” multiple times, citing her desire to step away from mainstream material.

Hathaway had also met with Frankel, who liked the idea of casting her as Andy. “I didn’t have to audition,” Hathaway says. “I had to be patient. I wasn’t the first choice.” She remembers getting a call from her agent with the good news. “I was putting on a shirt,” Hathaway says. “I had some buddies over. I remember running out in my living room, half dressed, screaming—I got ‘The Devil Wears Prada!’ I got ‘The Devil Wears Prada’!”
‘The Devil Wears Prada’ Turns 10: Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway and Emily Blunt Tell All | Variety
I have to admit, for a long time The Devil Wears Prada was the movie I was most bumped about that Rachel (reportedly) turned down. I still would have loved to see her opposite Meryl, however I do understand why Rachel would turn it down. I think Emily Blunt and Meryl Streep stole the show in the movie, and their roles are way more interesting to play compared to Andy/Anne Hathaway's part
Old 06-23-2016, 09:05 PM
New Fan

I really dont understand

I did not understand why their posting it on Rachel refused the devil wears prada because it's a totally old news , posted like new ...
Old 06-24-2016, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

It was always "rumored". Given that Variety is a trade source and Anne's quote it does seem like there was a truth about the rumors.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

I thought there were some news about a new rumored project of Rachel when I saw this thread with new messages SIGH.

I respectfully disagree with you on that one Lindsey I always thought that Rachel's take on Andy Sachs would be much more different than Anne Hathaway's and she might have been able to make the character more likeable and interesting. Unlike Anne, she wouldn't have been outshined by Meryl Streep and Emily Blunt at all. Besides, this movie gave Anne's character a much needed boost. I mean she might have never got the part in Brokeback Mountain if it weren't for this movie. So it is still the the movie I am most upset about that Rachel reportedly turned down I always wondered if she knew Meryl Streep was involved when she decided to turn it down. But according to this article, it looks like she had been given the offer multiple times so I guess she knew about Meryl at some point.

Anyway, it's all water under the bridge I guess Hope to see her playing across Meryl in a new and much better project soon!
Old 06-26-2016, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Sorry for giving you false hope!

You make a very good point and I'm with you, still would have love to see Rachel in TDWP

I guess my point is that after 2005 people wanted to label Rachel as the new "it girl" and the "next Julia Roberts" / Queen of Romantic comedies and I think Rachel wanted to avoid getting that label. I think Anne/Andy's would have been typecasting in a way. Take The Family Stone for example, Rachel read the script and assumed they would want her for Clare Danes' part, but was pleasantly surprised they wanted to cast her as Amy.

But you are right, it's all water under the bridge. I think the timing of TDWP was also bad for Rachel because she was offered it around the time she wanted to take a step back from Hollywood. Plus, you never know how a movie will turn out when you sign onto it. TDWP has become a fan favorite, but I don't think you can predict those things.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

Speaking of taking a step back from Hollywood, I assume that's what she's doing now. I can only infer from the way she does things like this that she just doesn't want to be in the spotlight (pun not intended!) as much as taking roles like this (or anything at all) when she's sort of at the height of her star would put her. I think she must stay back intentional to kind of try and keep under the radar a little?
Old 07-05-2016, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

That's a very good point, Amanda! She also always mentions she needs breaks in between projects. The report on her possibly joining Collateral Beauty earlier this year made me hopefully that she was at least looking out for a new project.

I guess the next big distribution/movie market is at TIFF, let's hope a new project will appear then
Old 07-07-2016, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

Hmmm ... I just came across this tweet:

Could it be that Rachel is actually filming a project we don't know about?!

The girl seems to be an extra in movies, and is currently filming with one of the 'Mean Girls':
Old 07-07-2016, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

I think it's *possible* that she's working on something we don't know about, but how on earth would that work for someone with an Oscar nom this year?! Surely we'd know all about it?