Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new quotes, I hope they are part of a new interview! EDIT: The original article was written by Press Association, hope they will have a full interview as well!

Last edited by winterbird; 09-07-2013 at 10:13 AM
Old 09-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nemo's dad is joining The Little Prince!

Albert Brooks Lends Voice To ‘The Little Prince’

EXCLUSIVE: Already booked to reprise in the Finding Nemo sequel, Albert Brooks has just signed on to the voice cast of The Little Prince. He joins James Franco, Rachel McAdams, Jeff Bridges, Benicio Del Toro and Paul Giamatti in Paramount’s animated pic. Brooks will play one of the film’s villains. Brooks, who played the heavy in Drive and most recently starred in This Is 40, has been driving Twitter traffic with a feed that made national news. He mostly uses Twitter to make humorous observations — like the recent one about the record-setting swim from Florida to Cuba: “Diana Nyad is going to be so pissed when she finds out there was a flight”– but Brooks got serious and prescient with a suggestion that the U.S. and Russia join hands to go over and take the chemical weapons out of Syria, among other things. It became the very thing those nations began discussing, and Brooks got ink on Capitol Hill for it. Brooks is repped by WME and managed by Herb Nanas.

Source: Deadline
Old 09-13-2013, 03:56 AM
Extreme Fan

That's great! What an ensemble cast this is.

Thanks for the news, Nick
Old 09-13-2013, 05:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Wow, Albert Brooks!
Old 09-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Yes!! Super excited about this casting, his voice is perfect for the villain role. Also this confirms that Paramount signed on to do this movie?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

A French website is reporting that a game of The Little Prince will be released November 2014. I'm not sure, but I think this is a game based on the movie. The article also mentions the movie and reports it will be released in 2015.

Article, translated with Google translator:
Quote:
It's been a long time since we have not seen a video game with the little prince de Saint-Exupéry! But good news: a game on iPhone / iPad and Android will emerge, in line with the series of CG Method Animation.

This new game (whose title we have not been specified) is intended for children 6 to 10 years. It will take the form of an adventure game with the Myst puzzles. This is who will Heliceum development. There is still time: the output on mobile devices and PC is scheduled for November 2014. Here is a project that we will follow closely!

Recall that a feature is expected for 2015. It will be directed by Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda). Voices are dubbed by James Franco, Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard and Jeff Bridges.
[GCE13 - Exclusif] Un jeu Le Petit Prince fa�on Myst sur iPhone/iPad et Android - Jeux iPhone, Android, 3DS, PS Vita... Tout le jeu mobile et les consoles portables !
So judging on the game release date I think we can expect the movie early-mid 2015
Old 12-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

YAY! I am excited for Rachel's first animated movie!
Old 12-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

This IS so exciting!!! Oh man, I want to play! I WANT TO SEE IT. I WANT TO KNOW IF SHE HAS EVEN DONE THE RECORDING FOR THIS YET.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the update, Lindsey I hope it's a smartphone/tablet based game.

Quote:
LITTLE PRINCE, THE 3D

PETIT PRINCE, LE

Genre Adventure / Animation

Director Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda)

Country France / USA

Production Year 2013

Producer Jinko Gotoh

Distributor Paramount Pictures Corporation

Budget 80M

"All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it." - Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Description

Based on the world famous story, The Little Prince, by Antoine De Saint-Exupery comes a revitalized and cinematic version in 3D. Character Design from Peter De Seve (ICE AGE, FINDING NEMO, TARZAN, A BUG’S LIFE, MULAN), Head of Story is Bob Persichetti (PUSS N’ BOOTS, SHREK 2), VFX master Alex Parkinson (KUNG FU PANDA, HARRY POTTER), and Alexandre Desplat is in charge of Music (ARGO, KING’S SPEECH, BENJAMIN BUTTON).

Plot outline

An eight-year old girl moves into a new house. Her parents, who are two workaholic-over-achievers, couldn't be happier. Except, their beautiful new home neighbors a decrepit and decaying house lived in by a wacky old man known as the Aviator. He’s the town vagrant and self proclaimed space traveler of the world: Nobody believes him… that is, until he meets the little girl next door. Confined to a home built upon rules and plans geared towards nothing else but academic achievement, the little girl lusts to explore the stars and dream and remain a child forever. Against her parent’s wishes, the little girl befriends the Aviator who tells her of his travels through outer-space and meeting the Little Prince. After a malfunction with his plane, the Aviator ends up in the hospital, unable to travel back to see his old friend – the Little Prince. The little girl decides to fly the Aviator’s plan on an adventurous journey in search for the Little Prince … hopeful, not only to bring him back to the Aviator, but also to remind him what it is like to be a child.
Source
Old 12-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I want this so bad!! Thanks for the info, Jord!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

WOWWW, i haven't read the book in a while a long time but i don't remember the story like that LOL. i wonder who will play the girl then. i feel like it would be very much a rachel mcadams role, while marion cotillard would be the rose because it doesn't say "french girl" in that synopsis?
Old 12-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

It actually didn't even occur to me that the little girl might be Rachel's role because I guess the "little girl" part through me off until when you said it I remembered that oh yeah adults voice kids in animated films like this all the time. THAT WOULD BE SO GREAT THOUGH.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

I inmediately thought that Mackenzie Foy was going to play the girl when I read the synopsis, but you're right - often adults will provide the voice for children in animated movies, so hopefully this is Rachel's part. I would hate to think that Rachel only has a minor role in this, but it sounds like this version is an entirely new take on the story, so anything is possible.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

^ I completely forgot that girl was cast tbh, so you could be right, Nick!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Extreme Fan

I think Mackenzie will probably be playing that part, but I hope it turns out to be Rachel too I know this is prejudice as I haven't read the script, but I sure hope she is not playing one of the parents. As that will probably be a minor part

I agree, it does seem like they've revamped this classic tale going by the plot outline.

Last edited by Jord-Temp; 12-09-2013 at 08:28 PM