Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-06-2014, 07:55 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1982 (View Post)
I've had a big of a look at Sony's upcoming schedule, and I'm wondering whether they might release the first trailer for Untitled Hawaii alongside the release of Sex Tape on the 18th of July? Obviously, studios don't always release their own trailers alongside their films, but this practice is pretty common, particularly if they anticipate the movie doing well, which would allow them significant exposure of the upcoming release.

There's nothing else on Sony's schedule which is even close to this genre, so that's the only reason I'm putting this out there - I could be way off track! I wonder if they've decided on a title yet???
I was also thinking that would be the perfect movie to release the trailer with. I'm thinking we'll hear about the title and the trailer at the same time. Hopefully soon!
Old 07-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

I'm not that worried that Bradley will not be able to promote the movie. He is a promotion machine He always seem the one of the cast who does the most promotion.

I hope you are right Nick! I'm dying to see a trailer of this movie or at least a production still
Old 07-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey- (View Post)
I'm not that worried that Bradley will not be able to promote the movie. He is a promotion machine He always seem the one of the cast who does the most promotion.

I hope you are right Nick! I'm dying to see a trailer of this movie or at least a production still
you right

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 07-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Interesting article about the distributor:
Quote:
Jeff Elefterion and Heta Paarte have been tapped to run New Regency's domestic and international marketing departments, respectively.

Valerie Van Galder previously headed up New Regency's marketing team, but she left in December for Disney‘s Imagineering. Elefterion joins the company from The Weinstein Company, where he most recently served as head of creative advertising. He spent 18 years with Harvey and Bob Weinstein, first at their Miramax Films and then at TWC, where he oversaw more than 70 theatrical marketing campaigns.

New Regency is the company behind last year's best picture Oscar winner 12 Years a Slave. Its upcoming releases include David Fincher's Gone Girl, starring Ben Affleck (Oct. 3); Alejandro González Iñárritu’s dark comedy Birdman, starring Michael Keaton, Edward Norton, Emma Stone and Naomi Watts (Fox Searchlight will release the film Oct. 17); Cameron Crowe’s untitled film, starring Bradley Cooper, Rachel McAdams and Stone (Dec. 25), with Sony distributing domestically and Fox handling international; and Vince Vaughn’s Unfinished Business (March 6).
New Regency Taps Jeff Elefterion and Heta Paarte for Top Marketing Posts
New Regency's slate is impressive if you ask me. I wonder if this change/hire will influence the markting campaign and maybe even the award season campaign of Untitled Hawaii.

Last edited by winterbird; 07-08-2014 at 03:25 PM
Old 07-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

^ That depends when the Golden Globes nominations will get announced bc aren't Crowe's movies more humourous than typical Oscar fare?
Old 07-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Interestingly, Rotten Tomatoes have updated the film's title to Volcano Romance, which was one of the previous working titles (along with Deep Tiki). The info on RT isn't always accurate, so this may not mean anything, but thought it was worthwhile mentioning.

Hopefully we'll get official word on the title (along with a trailer!) soon.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

New thread!