Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Same here Wendy I hope we will get some on set photos. I'm curious to see if Rachel is going to wear a wig or maybe even dye her hair.

Looks like the girl playing Leila is already cast, I noticed this casting call for a photo double
Old 06-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

I hope she won't do anything with her hair!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:59 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikayla (View Post)
they`re probably just getting together at these business lunches and dinners, so they have good on-screen chemistry together when filming starts ;DDDD
I do notice that Rachel likes having lunch with her cast members and I find it annoying when the media thinks she is automatically dating the male cast member she was seen dinning with. I remember seeing that fan photo of Rachel and Bradley Cooper having a meal together and people automatically thinks they are dating. I find that Rachel is the kind of person who likes having meals with her co-workers/co-actors for professional reasons such as having a good on-screen chemistry. Good for her!!

Its really hard being a celebrity. I feel sorry for Rachel cause she can't go out with her male co-workers without people saying that they are dating/hooking up. I go on lunches and dinners with male friends and I would hate for people to automatically think that I'm dating/hooking up with them.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

A posting from the Movie Casting PGH Facebook page:

Quote:
We are currently booking for our 2 big weeks in Indiana where we will need people for 3 different boxing matches. 1 takes place in Las Vegas, 2 in Madison Square Garden! But we are filming these scenes in Indiana PA!
Looks like the movie will be set in New York.

Edit: Just read a few more posts, and this one confirms the New York setting:

Quote:
Some of our scenes take place in areas portraying New York, we need multiple ethnicities including Latino/Hispanic/African American/Caucasian/Asian/Pacific Islander/ because so many ethnicities reside in the city limits of New York.

Last edited by nick1982; 06-12-2014 at 05:03 AM
Old 06-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Master Fan

Hi Loverachel, welcome to the board Feel free to introduce yourself at our introduction thread

Thanks for the casting updates Nick! This could also explain the Manhattan tour sighting we got the day she went to the boxing game. Maybe that was research as well?

I just posted a Toronto sighting in the news thread, but I assume Rachel will be heading over to Indiana this weekend to start filming
Old 06-12-2014, 11:50 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey- (View Post)
Hi Loverachel, welcome to the board Feel free to introduce yourself at our introduction thread

Thanks for the casting updates Nick! This could also explain the Manhattan tour sighting we got the day she went to the boxing game. Maybe that was research as well?

I just posted a Toronto sighting in the news thread, but I assume Rachel will be heading over to Indiana this weekend to start filming
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a fan of Rachel for the last couple of years but became a huge fan when I accidentally saw her last year in Toronto. I really like how she was just casually walking down the street with a friend. So down-to-earth and definitely no Hollywood complex. Since then, I've been following people's sightings of her in this forum cause I just love how everyone pretty much agrees that she is sweet and humble despite her success. I totally admire her as a person and think she is one of the best role models out there. Great job Rachel!! Great job to her parents as well for bringing up such a great person.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Rumor Fix apparently confirmed it with Jake's rep that they are working together:
Quote:
RumorFix immediately labeled this report with a red flag, considering that Jake is dating model Alyssa Miller. We reached out to a rep for the actor who verified with us that Star’s reporting is completely inaccurate, telling us exclusively, “They are working together on a film. Period. This speculation is unfounded.”
Rachel McAdams Dating Jake Gyllenhaal?! - RumorFix - RumorFix
I was just talking to Nick about this. It's kind of interesting that it seems that it seems the movie is set in New York now. When Eminem was still attached to it, it was set in Detroit (where he also grew up according to wiki) which makes me wonder if they changed more in the re-writes?
Old 06-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loverachel (View Post)
I do notice that Rachel likes having lunch with her cast members and I find it annoying when the media thinks she is automatically dating the male cast member she was seen dinning with. I remember seeing that fan photo of Rachel and Bradley Cooper having a meal together and people automatically thinks they are dating. I find that Rachel is the kind of person who likes having meals with her co-workers/co-actors for professional reasons such as having a good on-screen chemistry. Good for her!!
You know what, even though I really ship McGyllenhaal for fun, but more for fantasy film casting, I agree with you completely. Like, call me when there are more than three dinners, OK.

I'm so glad that they are working on their on-screen chemistry and boxing knowledge and stuff for this movie!

I wonder if Rachel will dye her hair brown or just darker to match Jake. I've noticed that sometimes when she's a romantic lead, she likes to dye her hair to match the lead actor, or wear a wig, so they have closer colouring.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

I'm also with you guys. I'm not going to pretend that I don't enjoy the fact that we got sightings and candids of them but it's also so frustrating to see how media jump to conclusions without doing really any resource and just want another story to get more visitors.

I agree with Amanda I hope she keeps this color and judging on the photo of the casting call for the photo double for - I assume - Leila their *Spoiler* daugther has brown hair as well

I came across this tweet:
Quote:
Southpaw, a movie starring Jake Gyllenhal, Rachel McAdams, Forest Whitaker, and Lupita Nyong'o is being filmed in the KCAC at IUP!!!
https://twitter.com/ayyynikkig/statu...45884209164290
Old 06-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

So excited about this film! I'm just excited for Rachel to be filming something new at all, and the fact that it's with Jake, Lupita and Forest makes it even better
Old 06-13-2014, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

I wonder if Lupita and Forest are actually doing it now.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

I hope Lupita officially signed, I assume she is also busy with filming Star Wars.

Some tweets from people who got cast as extra:
Quote:
On the way to my 2nd audition for the #JakeGyllenhaal movie, #southpaw!! Great news coming soon! #yesterdayslook
https://twitter.com/Marieblanchard/s...15727156604929
Quote:
I just got cast as an extra in Jake Gyllenhaal's new movie SouthPaw. I am so excited right now!!!! #HellYeahhhh
https://twitter.com/LizzyBizzy0509/s...05400495276032
Quote:
OFFICIALLY BOOKED AS AN EXTRA IN THE SOUTHPAW MOVIE!!! 😎😍🎥 June 25-27 I will be in all of my glory this is a dream!!!
https://twitter.com/SammiMaschak/sta...59425378553856
Quote:
Soooooo got my phone call from casting... Gonna be an extra in southpaw Jake Gyllenhaal is the star. PUMPED!
https://twitter.com/Josh_Flare/statu...85100528361472
Quote:
How funny is this? I get to "play" a photographer as an extra in the movie Southpaw! I better start practicing! Haha! I think it's going to be a fun experience to see how everything goes together.
Instagram
Old 06-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

That's so fun, thanks for sharing these, Lindsey! I'm so excited for everyone.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Report from a local news paper which confirms they are expected to start tomorrow:
Quote:
John Varescak, of Indiana, was so enthused about being an extra in the movie that’s being filmed partially in Indiana this month that he took two weeks off work so he would be available.

When he went to the casting call, he got more than he bargained for.

Varescak has been chosen to play a ringside boxing official during filming of “Southpaw,” about a boxer who fights his way to the top only to find his life falling apart around him.

“This is the opportunity of a lifetime,” said Varescak, who said he arrived at 5 a.m. on the first day of casting calls at the Indiana Mall.

He said he does not anticipate having any speaking parts, but his role should put him in pretty close proximity to the film’s stars, Jake Gyllenhaal (Billy Hope) and Rachel McAdams (his wife, Maureen Hope). The movie also stars Lupita Nyong’o and Forest Whitaker, according to Internet Movie Database.

“I’m thrilled, I never in a million years imagined this would happen to me,” Varescak said.

Filming at the Kovalchick Convention and Athletic Complex is expected to start Monday.

At least 1,500 people are needed as extras to make up the audience for the boxing matches that will be set at the KCAC, which will be transformed into New York’s Madison Square Garden and a venue in Las Vegas.

Casting calls were held on several days in May.

Varescak said a member of the casting department contacted him to ask if he owns a tuxedo. He does, so he was able to send a photo of himself and a brief biography, and he got the part. He said he was fitted recently for his costume — a burgundy blazer with a white dress shirt, black pants and a tie.

The movie, being directed by Ambridge High School graduate Antoine Fuqua and produced by independent filmmaker Hope Films Inc., will be shot at the KCAC for about two weeks before cast and crew head to Pittsburgh.
Indiana man cast in boxing film - June 15, 2014
Old 06-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info, Lindsey!