Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Looks like Rachel will grace the cover of Allure's August 2014 edition to promote AMWM. E! has the first look:

Quote:
It’s been a while since Rachel McAdams graced the cover of a major magazine (nearly two years, in fact) but when it came time for her close-up, she was ready. Wearing minimal makeup and flashing an easy-going grin the actress looks completely comfortable—not to mention stunning—on the August 2014 cover of Allure.

As for her ever-changing hair color, the A Most Wanted Man actress is still sporting the slightly auburn-brunette shade that she went back to over a year ago.

The star has many films in the works including an untitled Cameron Crowe project with Bradley Cooper and Emma Stone as well as a reported return in the Sherlock Holmes franchise with Robert Downey Jr.. and Jude Law. Yet it’s her romance flick from a decade ago that is earning her headlines as of late.
Rachel McAdams Goes Fresh-Faced for Allure Magazine Cover—See the Pic! | E! Online
Old 07-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

She's seeeeeriously gorgeous, like it's a little ridiculous. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of the shoot and reading a new interview!!

There's a new banner up on the official Facebook page now too:

Quote:
Anabel [sic]: helping a victim or protecting a terrorist?

ALSO: I started rereading the book tonight. I am so excited, you guys.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting the new banner Amanda

The German distributor just released the first German trailer. It's slightly different than the previously US and UK trailer with a few more glimpses of Rachel:
Old 07-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

UGH! I'm so excited for this I could die. Only eleven days left til it's out here *flails* I reeeally hope it'll play somewhere closeby so I can see it. Re-reading the book has made me so thrilled. I love Annabel so muchlskdjfa.

Thanks for sharing, Lindsey!!
Old 07-15-2014, 02:25 AM
Master Fan

I hope so as well Amanda! Official sources have never confirmed that it's going to be a limited release - although IMDB says so - but Entertainment One recently mentioned "selected cities" in one of their tweets so I guess it's kind of a limited release.

Looks like the promotion tour is beginning. The official twitter account of the movie tweeted the following yesterday:
Quote:
Tune it to @KellyandMichael tomorrow morning to catch an interview with Willem Dafoe chatting about #AMostWantedMan!
https://twitter.com/AMostWantedMan/s...13457718771712
I'm not sure if Rachel is able to take part of the promotion, if there will be promotion at all. Southpaw isn't filming in the weekends so she might be able to take part of a press junket and/or premiere or something this weekend
Old 07-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

I hope so bad she'll be able to be a part of press! GAH!

Also, Diamond Films Argentina posted this new(ish) (I think) banner on their Facebook yesterday.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just came across the first (Aussie) TV spot for the film on YouTube.

It features are new line of dialogue for Rachel
Old 07-16-2014, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting the social media banner Amanda and thanks for the TV spot link Nick
Old 07-16-2014, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

Yes, thanks so much, Nick!! Her little accent, I dieeeeeee.

I saw my very first TV spot tonight on FX here! And two of them have come on in probably about the last hour, it makes me so happy.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's a good thing I don't know how a German accent sounds like... although in that Australian TV spot, I did notice that her accent does sound a little too American...
Old 07-17-2014, 07:35 PM
New Fan

Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Last Movie: Interview on A Most Wanted Man - TIME Feautrette
Old 07-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, her accent for sure is not the best part about her performance, I can tell that already. But it's still lovely to see that someone said she was on top of her game!

And LUKE!! Thanks for this video, DIES.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:39 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting the featurette Luke!

I'm still hoping Rachel will do some kind of promotion for this. I still haven't found a mention. I'm not sure how her Southpaw schedule is but the cast and crew always got the weekend off so this weekend would be perfect for promotion

EDIT: A Most Wanted Man is selected for the Guanajuato Film Festival in Mexico. The festival runs from July 25 – August 3th, 2014. The festival's page for the movie can be found here. It also looks like Corbijn will attend a press conference during the festival according to this tweet (via google translator):
Quote:
Anton Corbijn in # GIFF2014! See you at the Conference on Friday, August 1st at the State Auditorium at 11 Arrive early!
I also came across this from Huffington Post:
Quote:
COMING UP TUESDAY
'A Most Wanted Man' Director Anton Corbijn LIVE
Filmmaker Anton Corbijn shares his experience directing Philip Seymour Hoffman's last movie before his untimely death. He joins us to discuss the espionage-thriller "A Most Wanted Man," which hits theaters July 25th.
http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/seg...a760d707000578
EDIT 2: Looks like Tuesday will be some kind of press day for AMWM because Rachel is set to make an appearance on GMA:
Quote:
TODAY on NBC - Week of July 21, 2014
Tuesday, July 22
(7-9 a.m.) Rachel McAdams on A Most Wanted Man. Shine A Light. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson talks about Hercules. 5 Seconds of Summer performs live on the plaza.
http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/a...2#.U8qpB4DjRiI

Last edited by winterbird; 07-19-2014 at 10:29 AM
Old 07-19-2014, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

AhhhhhhHHHHH I'm so excited she's going to do some press!
Old 07-20-2014, 04:20 AM
Master Fan

Me too Amanda! I'm hoping they will also squeeze in a late night talk show appearance. GMA is located in NYC and so are many other talk shows. All the (late night) talk show line ups located in New York are all booked for next week according to this site including Seth Meyers, David Letterman, Jimmy Fallon and The View but she might pre-tape an episode for the week after? The Today show is also located in NYC and she might stop by some of the big radio stations?

Jimmy Kimmel, Craig Ferguson and Conan still have spots left judging on the line-up but they are all located in LA if I remember correctly.

Anton Corbijn will attend a Meet the Filmmaker event hosted at Apple Store SoHo tomorrow. You can make a reservation for tickets over here. I kind of hope Rachel will make a surprise appearance because this event was announced weeks ago and maybe it was not sure then if she could get days off from working on Southpaw.

EDIT: Sorry guys I just noticed I got it wrong. She is going to be on the Today show and not GMA. TV Guide also confirms it

Last edited by winterbird; 07-21-2014 at 04:39 AM