Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Very WEIRD.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

Chiwetel has joined Benedit in Nepal:

A nice on-set video made by a fan:

I really hope we will get a glimpse of Rachel soon!!
Old 11-09-2015, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

I'm wondering if they're just shooting like a flashback kind of thing in Nepal and then production will move to London?
Old 11-10-2015, 01:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

do you think Rachel is in Nepal as well? I think we would at least see some photos if she were there I guess she must be in London but I wonder why we don't get more sightings of her there. I mean it's London!
Old 11-10-2015, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I think she's in London and not Nepal at all. But this is all driving me BONKERS.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

Benedict is back in London today, not sure he wrapped up filming in Nepal yet.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

According to TheWrap, Amy Landecker has joined the cast of 'Doctor Strange':

Quote:
‘Transparent’s’ Amy Landecker Joins Benedict Cumberbatch in Marvel’s ‘Doctor Strange’ (Exclusive)

Scott Derrickson is directing the comic book movie, which co-stars Rachel McAdams and Tilda Swinton

“Transparent” star Amy Landecker has joined the cast of Marvel’s “Doctor Strange,” an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap.

Scott Derrickson is directing the movie, which stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Mads Mikkelsen, Tilda Swinton and Landecker’s “A Serious Man” co-star Michael Stuhlbarg.

Cumberbatch plays neurosurgeon Stephen Strange, who after a horrific car accident discovers a hidden world of magic and alternate dimensions. Landecker’s role is being kept under wraps.

Kevin Feige is producing “Doctor Strange,” which was written by Jon Spaihts. Production is currently under way, Disney will release the comic book movie on Nov. 4, 2016.
Landecker plays Sarah Pfefferman on Amazon’s Emmy-winning series “Transparent,” which returns for its second season on Dec. 11. She recently appeared in “Project Almanac” and Nicole Holofcener‘s “Enough Said,” and she’ll soon be seen in Lorene Scafaria‘s “The Meddler” with Susan Sarandon and Jonathan Mostow‘s “Hunter’s Prayer” with Sam Worthington.

Landecker is represented by ICM Partners.

'Transparent's' Amy Landecker Joins Benedict Cumberbatch in Marvel's 'Doctor Strange' (Exclusive)
Old 11-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

Neat, thanks for sharing! Still going nuts not knowing who Rachel's playing.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:55 AM
Master Fan

Principal photography officially begun in London, also looks like they are not filming in Pinewood but in Longcross:

Quote:
Marvel fantasy Doctor Strange has begun principal photography in the UK at Longcross Film Studios.

Following a brief stint on location in Kathmandu, Nepal, the anticipated production is expected to be housed at Longcross until early spring 2016.

Benedict Cumberbatch (The Imitation Game) stars as the eponymous Doctor Strange, a brilliant but arrogant surgeon whose career is derailed but gets a new lease of life when a sorcerer (Tilda Swinton) takes him under his wing and trains him to defend the world against evil.

The character, who made his first appearance in the Marvel Universe more than 50 years ago, was first created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.

Rachel McAdams, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Mads Mikkelsen, Michael Stuhlbarg and Neve Gachev also star in Marvel’s latest likely blockbuster, which is expected to offer a more psychedelic experience than previous Marvel features.

Scott Derrickson directs Jon Spaihts’ script, which is produced by Kevin Feige.

Disney’s release is set for November 2016 in the US.

With studio space at a premium in the UK, Longcross has become a popular alternative or combination for US studios with Pinewood, Shepperton and Leavesden.

Productions to shoot at the Surrey location in recent years include Guardians Of The Galaxy, Fast And Furious 6, Captain Phillips, World War Z and Thor 2.
'Doctor Strange' shoot underway in UK with Benedict Cumberbatch | News | Screen
Old 11-12-2015, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

That's what I figured, that the stuff in Nepal must be like a backstory or a flashback or a flash forward or SOMETHING, a short scene somewhere in there. I guess by early spring they mean probably March/April?
Old 11-12-2015, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Agree with you Amanda and I have noticed a lot of fan/movie blogs have also speculated the same. Yeah, you would think it's March/April but I have noticed that Hollywood seems to use Spring/Summer etc. terms loosely, but a 5-6 month filming period seems common for bigger movies like this one so I would say April-ish

I assume this is Dr Strange related:

He previously mentioned working on the Star Wars crew so I'm going to assume he's part of Dr Strange's crew now
Old 11-13-2015, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

What a lucky guy! I want to work on the Doctor Strange crew!
Old 11-13-2015, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Chiwetel was back in the US to promote his latest movie. I hope Rachel is also allowed to promote Spotlight.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

Oh man, me too, FINGERS CROSSED.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Actor Bern Collaco tweeted:

Another addition to the cast:
Quote:
Martial artist Scott Adkins has joined the cast of Marvel’s “Doctor Strange,” an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap.

Marvel declined to comment, while representatives for Adkins did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

Scott Derrickson is directing the movie, which stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Mads Mikkelsen, Tilda Swinton, Michael Stuhlbarg and Amy Landecker.

Cumberbatch plays neurosurgeon Stephen Strange, who after a horrific car accident discovers a hidden world of magic and alternate dimensions.

Adkins’ role is being kept under wraps, though insiders suggest he’ll have several major action scenes featuring hand-to-hand combat.
Martial Artist Scott Adkins Joins Benedict Cumberbatch in Marvel's 'Doctor Strange' (Exclusive)