Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2015, 06:01 AM
Addicted Fan

aww can't wait
Old 09-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

I've just gotten my hands on like 10 million issues of Doctor Strange stuff, so I GUESS I'M ABOUT TO DIVE IN.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

Doctor Strange update from Mads Mikkelsen:
Quote:
In the shadow of Hannibal‘s demise, the future for Mads Mikkelsen looks fruitful, with choice roles in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and a rumored part in Marvel’s Doctor Strange. With the former seemingly confirmed by the studio, we’ve been on tenterhooks waiting to hear on whether or not he’s officially on board and who he’s destined to play in the latter. And it looks as though we’re not the only ones, as Mikkelsen confirmed during an interview MTime (via ComicBook) that he too is completely in the dark.

“I know as much as the rest of the world. So far it’s been rumors, so I’m waiting on a phone call. It would be fantastic to be a part of the Marvel family. I mean, it’s something we all grew up with. We all have our heroes, and Doctor Strange is definitely one of the more interesting things.”

While he goes on to add that he would be “over the moon” to secure a part in the movie, Marvel actors on the whole are infamous for remaining quiet on their involvement in future films. So, it’s not out of the question that Mikkelsen is merely playing it safe lest he say too much. Or he could indeed be caught up in the same swirl of rumors that snagged everyone’s attention last month. If that’s the case, then we’d recommend Kevin Feige contact his people ASAP.

Benedict Cumberbatch is set to star in the Scott Derrickson-directed movie as the titular sorcerer, alongside Tilda Swinton, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Rachel McAdams. Shooting for Doctor Strange kicks off this November in London ahead of the film’s release on November 4, 2016.
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/m...octor-strange/
Old 09-30-2015, 09:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Kevin Feige, producer of Doctor Strange, did an interview with IGN's Terri Schwartz and talked a little bit about Rachel's role:

Quote:
Because Doctor Strange is going to be dealing heavily with concepts only touched upon in other Marvel movies -- like the Quantum Realm, which was introduced in Ant-Man -- I asked Feige which character will serve as the eyes of the audience to introduce them to this film's new world. "Strange, for sure," he said. When prompted about what purpose Rachel McAdams' unspecified character will serve, Feige noted that she's the audience's eyes "to a certain extent."

"She plays a very, very big part in the movie and represents a certain point of view of the worlds that we experience in that movie, but Doctor Strange, without a doubt, is the character we follow through the movie," said Feige.

Doctor Strange: Kevin Feige Discusses Rachel McAdams, Female Ancient One - IGN
Old 10-01-2015, 04:54 AM
Master Fan

Definitely interesting, guys, thanks for sharing! I really REALLY hope Mads will sign onto it, and I am LOVING that we're hearing that Rachel is a big part of this movie!!! Way better than just some cameo or sort of love interest. I just hope the phrase "big part" isn't subjective and that she actually is a big part. It does almost imply that she'd be human watching the craziness happen, but I guess on the opposite end of the spectrum she might be this whole sorceress deal? I guess we'll see, but I'm DYING for confirmation about her character.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Going to second what Amanda said. Why can't they just confirm who she's playing already? We need to know!!
Old 10-04-2015, 03:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

I wish there was someone among us who read the comic Since we are going to experience the film from her point of view, I wonder if that means she's Clea. I wonder if that's a big enough clue to figure out who she's playing but Clea might be the only character I know from the comic so I keep guessing Rachel's going to play her
Old 10-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

I have the comics downloaded! After I finish the book I'm currently reading I fully intend to read the comics. WE'LL SEE.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

Good idea Amanda, I want to give it a try myself as well. I would prefer it if Marvel would just let us know who she's playing, so that we can keep her in mind while reading it.

I have a tendency to cast Rachel in ALL the roles while reading a book
Old 10-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

SAME. I want Rachel to be actual Doctor Strange.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

That would be good

Marvel announced/confirmed new release dates of upcoming movies including 3 untitled ones. It has ben speculated by some sites that one of them is a sequel to Doctor Strange:
Quote:
Finally, three untitled Marvel Studios films will premiere on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020.
Marvel Studios Phase 3 Update | News | Marvel.com
Looks like Scott Derrickson is busy prepping the movie in London:

Marvel co-president D'Esposito tweeted 2 weeks ago:
Old 10-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

I love that washroom vandalism! Does that mean three Marvel films will come out in 2020?!
Old 10-16-2015, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

Hmm interesting, just came across this:

Interesting article about the possible locations:
Quote:
Scott Derrickson is hard at work getting this movie ready to go next month over in London. Things need to be designed, built, booked, tested and pre-vized so everything goes smoothly for Marvel’s step into the mystic realms. Also, once shooting begins, information starts to flow a bit more freely. At least that’s how it has been on previous Marvel productions (major props to Civil War for keeping Spider-Man under wraps).

We’ve heard the production will be taking over some Pinewood studio soundstages to reproduce parts of New York, Los Angeles, Kathmandu, and Hong Kong. No word as to what time period or feel for any of those places, but those are the locations we know about.

I only mention the time period because we’re on the lookout for two more Infinity Stones in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: the Time Stone and the Soul Stone. I used to think Doctor Strange would be the obvious place for the Soul Stone, but I’m not sure if the way mystical powers are going to be portrayed in the Marvel Universe includes the concept of souls and I still hold out a little hope that Adam Warlock will be in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 with the Soul Stone.

I’m on the lookout for plots about time or souls. And I like the cute THANOS acronym theory, so I’m also on the lookout for plot macguffins with the letters “H” and “N”

Otherwise with Strange, we know we’ll be getting an origin story, we’re not sure who Rachel McAdams is playing, and common sense would have Dormammu showing up...but we don’t know for sure.

But we will start knowing things...very soon.
MARVELOUS DA7E: Doctor Strange and More Phase 3 — Latino-Review.com
Old 10-16-2015, 07:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

News on Rachel's role:

Quote:
RUMOR: Rachel McAdams' DOCTOR STRANGE Role Revealed And It's Not Who You Think

The cast of Doctor Strange is shaping up to be something very special indeed, with True Detective's Rachel McAdams a definite highlight. However, while most of us have assumed she's playing Clea in the Phase 3 movie, you may be surprised by the direction Marvel has taken...

With Benedict Cumberbatch set to play Doctor Strange, Tilda Swinton cast as The Ancient One, Chiwetel Ejiofor chosen as Baron Mordo, and Mads Mikkelsen rumored to be up for Dormammu, the cast of the Scott Derrickson helmed release is looking incredible to say the least. However, we still have no idea who Rachel McAdams is playing, but a new report claims that it won't be Clea! Instead, she's been chosen to take the role of Christine Palmer, a.k.a. Night Nurse. This is the role it was thought that Rosario Dawson had been cast in for Daredevil, but it was later revealed Marvel Studios had said no to that, hence why she ended up being Claire Temple.

Oddly, this Night Nurse isn't the one from Brian K. Vaughan and Marcos Martin's critically acclaimed Doctor Strange: The Oath (Linda Carter). Instead, McAdams will be playing the version from 1973's Night Nurse #4, a switch which may have been made because she was a surgical assistant and Stephen Strange is obviously a surgeon. It's possible then that we're getting some sort of amalgam of both characters, and that's no bad thing. The Night Nurse from The Oath was a great strong female lead and that story is one of the best Doctor Strange tales of all-time, so it's a good place for Marvel to be borrowing material from and it could be that Marvel has chosen Palmer's name and backstory because it makes more sense than a nurse who patches up the MCU's superheroes.

RUMOR: Rachel McAdams' DOCTOR STRANGE Role Revealed And It's Not Who You Think
Old 10-17-2015, 02:46 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing! From the original report:
Quote:
According to one of my sources, it turns out that Rachel McAdams won’t be Clea, a love interest for Stephen Strange in the comics. Instead, she’ll be playing Christine Palmer, one of the night shift nurses from Marvel’s “Night Nurse.” We reached out to Marvel regarding this scoop, but have received a “no comment” from them.
Hot Rumor: Rachel McAdams' 'Doctor Strange' Role Revealed — Latino-Review.com
After a quick search her playing Christine doesn't make much sense to me if I'm honest. Linda is the "main" character out of the 3 night nurses and the one being linked to Doctor Strange so it seems odd that she would play Christine. Linda also has a much bigger presence in the Marvel universe in general which could lead to appearances in other Marvel movies like Spider Man and Captain America and Christine doesn't.