Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Raven Symone, Stacy London, and Cristela Alonzo cannot believe Whoopi Goldberg has never heard of The Notebook (fast-forward to 3:33):

Laura Bell Bundy tweeted this:

Quote:
Okay... The Notebook is on TV. I cannot rip my eyes away #guiltypleasure

https://twitter.com/LauraBellBundy/s...78989093134337
The official twitter account of The View tweeted this:

Quote:
“I watched it when I got dumped…” - @MissRavenSymone on the movie, “The Notebook.” What’s your go-to romance flick?

https://twitter.com/TheView/status/573877372765609985

Last edited by lis7; 03-07-2015 at 10:24 PM Reason: Added tweet
Old 03-09-2015, 03:14 AM
Master Fan

These are great, thanks for sharing Lis!
Old 03-30-2015, 07:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Tyrese Gibson on The Notebook:

Quote:
Tyrese Gibson has nothing but love for Taraji P. Henson even after 14 years since their breakout hit "Baby Boy."

"That's my baby. We always get together for lunches and dinners and connect," he told the New York Daily News on Wednesday. "I'm always at her house, she's at my house. It's love. I'm very, very honored to tell the world we're still family and we still connected and hang out beyond that 'Baby Boy' set."

Gibson was a fresh faced 22-year-old in the John Singleton-directed cult classic, which is the focus of TV One's "Unsung Hollywood," airing Wednesday, when he met Henson, who played his girlfriend, Evette. Although their on-screen romance was toxic, he equates their affections to Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams' chemistry in "The Notebook."

"Everybody loves that movie. It's one of my top five romantic movies of all time," the 36-year-old actor revealed.

"Everybody just wants them to be together (in real life)," Gibson continued. "I mean, Ryan ain't doing bad with Eva on any level. He definitely got good taste in women, so shout out to him for that. But everybody wants Ryan to be with Rachel because we really enjoyed that movie. So it's the same with Jody and Evette."

Tyrese Gibson opens up about 'love' for Taraji P. Henson - NY Daily News
From Huffington Post:

Quote:
Tyrese understands the undying love for his pairing with Henson, he told host Alyona Minkovski.

"When it comes to Taraji, because we did 'Baby Boy' together, people don't want to see her with any other man, and they don't want to see me with any other woman. It's almost like Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams from 'The Notebook,'" he said.

The Real Reason Tyrese Didn't Reunite With Taraji P. Henson On 'Empire'
Edit: Tyrese went on The Talk and talked about the Notebook:

Quote:
(Fast forward to 0:22)

I was supposed to do "Empire".... We'll see what happens this year coming up. I'm just proud. Me and Taraji started with "Baby Boy." It's almost like a beautiful fraternity where she's off doing her thing and I'm doing mine. If you think of one of my favorite movies "The Notebook," it's almost like Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling -- the world just wants them to be together."

VIDEO: Tyrese Gibson Talks Paul Walker & FURIOUS 7 on 'The Talk'
He really loves the movie lol!

Last edited by lis7; 04-08-2015 at 05:36 PM Reason: Added new quotes
Old 03-30-2015, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Haaa! Great quotes, thanks for sharing them, Lis!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

Those are great Thanks for sharing Lis!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Scott Eastwood and Oona Chaplin loved The Notebook:

Quote:
Were you guys Nicholas Sparks fans before working on the movie?
Oona (above left): The Notebook! That was an amazing film.

Is that the favorite all around?
Scott (above center): The Notebook, yeah.

Scott, you told us last year that The Notebook made you cry.
Scott: Definitely.
Oona: He watches it on repeat on Sunday nights. Should I not have said that?
Scott: That's after Oprah.

Scott Eastwood and the Cast of "The Longest Ride" Explain How Bull-Riding Is Like Sex
Old 04-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

That's great to read! Thanks for sharing Lis
Old 04-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Great quotes, thanks for sharing!
Old 04-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Hollywood Reporter ranked the 2005 MTV Best Kiss Award at #2 on their "MTV Movie Awards: 9 Craziest Moments of Past Years" list:

Quote:
2. Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling share a smooch.

Upon winning the award for best kiss in 2005, McAdams and Gosling (who were dating at the time) shared a dramatic smooch on stage that topped that of Noah and Allie's kiss in The Notebook. But they weren't the first to get intimate at the awards -- Cruel Intentions co-stars Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair also locked lips when they won in the same category in 2000.

MTV Movie Awards: 9 Craziest Moments of Past Years (Video) - Hollywood Reporter
TheWrap's "Nicholas Sparks’ Onscreen Couples Power Rankings" listed The Notebook's Gosling and McAdams at #2, and interviewed the casting director of the Notebook:

Quote:
Nicholas Sparks’ Onscreen Couples Power Rankings: From ‘The Notebook’ to ‘The Longest Ride’

Matthew Barry, a casting director on the most iconic Sparks big screen sendup — treasured Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams lovefest “The Notebook” — said Sparks films can be paramount in making stars.

“They were willing to take a chance,” Barry said of “Notebook” production company New Line in those early days. “Ryan had done a drama called ‘The Believer’ but wasn’t really known. Rachel was totally unknown.”

A famous audition tape of McAdams has long been in circulation on the internet, but what fans don’t know is “I’ve threatened to release the entire audition to the public. Rachel actually did three sessions, and you just saw how far she was willing to go,” Barry said.

And for good reason: The respective lead roles were nothing short of star-making for the pair. TheWrap takes a look at other profiles made or raised by the Sparks craze, in our power ranking of the biggest pairs of stars to have come out of all Nicholas Sparks adaptations so far.

2. The Notebook (2004)
There has never been a Sparks adaptation so successful at launching the careers of the young lovers at its center. Rachel McAdams was a complete unknown when she was cast opposite Ryan Gosling, who had just been an acclaimed indie actor before hitting the mainstream stratosphere in 2004. The fame-averse duo have never quite been able to shake the fascination with their lives and careers since. “The Notebook” also remains the highest-grossing Nicholas Sparks movie of all time, taking in $81 million at the box office.

http://www.thewrap.com/nicholas-spar...-longest-ride/

Last edited by lis7; 04-12-2015 at 03:18 PM Reason: Added TheWrap article
Old 04-13-2015, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

Excellent, thanks so much for sharing, Lis! I love that Rachel/Ryan's kiss from 2005 is still such a big deal. :heart:
Old 04-23-2015, 07:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

The British girl group, Little Mix, tweeted this:

Quote:
Q. Which film is this? And which of the girls say it's their all time fave? #LittleQuiz

A. The film is 'The Notebook' which is Perrie's favourite movie ever! Hit FAV if you got it right! #LittleQuiz

https://twitter.com/LittleMix/status/589760414520512513

https://twitter.com/LittleMix/status/589766684631699459
Old 04-24-2015, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

Cute! Thanks for sharing, Lis!
Old 04-24-2015, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

That's great, thanks for sharing! I think one of the band members have mentioned Rachel before? But I'm not sure since I don't really know them so I might be confusing them for someone else.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

James Marsden did an interview with Vulture and this was what he had to say about The Notebook:

Quote:
I watched The Notebook for the very first time last year, and I knew that you were playing the obstacle in this love story between Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, but I actually found myself sympathizing with your character.
It’s a very polarizing movie with regards to my character.

Do you have people coming up to you saying, “I would have stayed with you”?
Yes, I hear people say that. Then I also have people coming up and going like, “Ugh!” They’re just disgusted by me. Like, “How dare you get involved with their love? You are the as***** in that movie.” I’m like, “How is he an as*****?”

He was perfect! Team Marsden!
He was a great guy.

He even relinquished her. He was like, “Go do what you need to do.”
“Go figure yourself out, because I’m in for the long haul.” You know, Ryan and Rachel were so tremendous in that movie, and that was such a rare chemistry that they had. When you see that movie and you’re a young teenager, it’s real. Those people really are in love — in fact, they dated after the movie. So anything that’s going to get in their way is bad or evil, right? It’s just funny how people carry it with them, like in real life when they say, “Oh, you’re the jerk in The Notebook!”

I’m sure you can tell who those people are right away when they’re coming up to you.
Oh, yeah. Some people are like, “I can’t even look at you.” They’re mad at me, James Marsden! [Laughs.]

James Marsden on D Train and Angry Notebook Fans -- Vulture
Old 05-08-2015, 01:28 AM
Master Fan

I love this!