Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2015, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

well killing McDreamy is a huge WTF... him living wouldn't be tbh. Unless aliens swoop in and abduct him, then the level is even higher.

Tbh Mark's, Lexie's, and George's deaths didn't really affect me. I didn't shed a single tear. They were just "WTF". But none of them were my favorite characters. Although none of them were as iconic as McDreamy, either. So... At the end of the day, it's just a TV show.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

I didnt cry for George...a bit for Lexie and Mark, but that's because Patrick Dempsey crying always get me...I think I cried more with MerDer post it vows than George's death, somehow I knew he was the John Doe...so it wasnt that WTF for me...

I would say we shouldnt be this affected by a tv show, but obviously the actors (in this case Ellen and Patrick) got us emotionally attached. In a way, they are real for us and I think that's why our reactions and feelings are real when this tragedy or bad things happens...

Icon by Jaje
Old 04-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

What if this entire season has been a dream?

Arizona/Callie didn't break up.
Jackson/April have their baby etc...

The transgender storyline went nowhere like it was supposed to.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

McDreamy dying is far more of a tragedy than any death that's ever happen on Grey's... because of the iconic level of his name and what he means to Grey's and ABC, and let's not forget the fact PD signed through season 12. So if that's what they do, it's going to come as a huge shock for the world. A huge loss for television. And the fact it's not even the season finale, which makes it even more bizarre.

Putting him in a coma wouldn't have the same level of shock factor, but it's certainly a possibility. Or what would be even more interesting is if we're left to think he died, and then in the season finale it's revealed he's been in a coma all that time. So many people threatening never to watch again if he dies, though they say that when any character leaves. Some people actually stop watching, but obviously plenty don't.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

He didn't say wait for me for no reason. I think that is iconic. He could be brain dead or in a coma, thus wait for me. I think the season ends with him riding on the Ferry to Bainbridge to meet Mer. He'll say, thanks for waiting or you waited and smile that McDreamy smile. fade to black- end of torture S11.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Or everything since Mer messed with the trial has been a dream, and that's why Webber is chief in 11x23 again. Although I don't want s9 to be a dream. Even though it felt like a dreams at times. It was the perfect MerDer season, really.

I think the title "Time Stops" is going to be telling, and it's the script that Camilla said was mind blowing.

Last edited by darkxtwisty; 04-19-2015 at 09:27 PM
Old 04-19-2015, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

The only thing I know is that I will not be prepared for what lies ahead, which apparently will not be anything good.

I'm not positive or negative.

I just want finish this agony.

hate to Shonda right now, for a simple reason that made us love the MerDer for 10 years to finish So, is the saddest.

If die Derek , Shonda will put another interest love to Meredith ?

And I really hope that I can not imagine anyone else with Meredith, I think the MerDer is a great love story, Nothing more to picture my stomach hurts, I do not think that if Derek dies, Meredith would stay in the house that Derek built , I I can not imagine anyone taking the place of Derek in the life of Meredith and her children would be very sad.

If Shonda have some respect for us fans Merder, Meredith should be left alone with their children.

Really would be very sad.

If Derek is in Coma there are many possibilities, one that Grey's not lose Public , Patrick would have time for racing and if Patrick back to half of the season 12, Derek Wake up and have her third child and are Felices in SF of Season 12 and if Patrick no returns, Ends Well Grey'sy will never know if Derek awoke.

I think the number 12 is the last season of Grey's anatomy you think?
Old 04-19-2015, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerDerZola_fan (View Post)
He didn't say wait for me for no reason. I think that is iconic. He could be brain dead or in a coma, thus wait for me. I think the season ends with him riding on the Ferry to Bainbridge to meet Mer. He'll say, thanks for waiting or you waited and smile that McDreamy smile. fade to black- end of torture S11.
Yeah, I hope the ferryboat scene is not in epi 21, that would mean he has to be back at some point...or so I hope...maybe he's navigating in his afterlife/limbo until he can go back!

And yeah, it's bizarre that if they are killing a main character and someone as iconic as McDreamy, they would do it before the SF...kinda anticlimatic...I mean what are they going to do in the SF then that make people want to come back and watch in the fall?

And I think people has stopped watching slowly, and those threatening does stop watching...even then Grey's is an interesting case but I think them keeping the audience might had been related to keeping the central couple...

I wished S10 was Grey's series finales...I always feared this, even if PD signed up for S12...but if you ask me, with or without McDreamy I think Grey's might have a season or two at the most. Is a long running show, it's expensive (although if Patrick is really leaving they keep some money) so it'll be a marketing kind of decision...

Icon by Jaje

Last edited by gladluvgrey; 04-19-2015 at 09:38 PM
Old 04-19-2015, 09:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Another thought. lol.
Wouldn't' the media be on this if this was truly something happening? Promos are all but giving the clues away about his death yet no one seems to be on this.

I wonder if we would be as freaked out as we are if that gossip site hadn't said anything about main character death destroying fandom. Plus PD's article about finishing S11 and his focus on racing.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

I dont know...sometimes media keep secrets (Wiil death from TGW comes to my mind) ...and probably without those things we might be worried but not this panicked...

Icon by Jaje
Old 04-19-2015, 09:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

A question you still see Grey's Anatomy without Derek and without MerDer?
Old 04-19-2015, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

If Derek dies, Meredith won't find another love. I can almost promise that. "Wait for me" is iconic -- and if Derek dies, Meredith would 'wait' for him in a sense, that they would reunite in death... she will not love again. He's it for her.

Alternatively, if he's in a coma, she could take the 'wait for me' literally as a reason not to unplug him and 'wait for him' as he said. Interestingly enough, they always talked about what Meredith would want in a life or death situation. They never talked about what Derek would want, though. Meredith would not give up on him easily.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mely_389 (View Post)
A question you still see Grey's Anatomy without Derek and without MerDer?
No, I wont...for me they are a package...I will watch probably this season ending but if there's no hope for MerDer, I Am done, out.....which I feel bad for Ellen/Meredith but I cant really continue on watching and less if writers decide at some point to bring a love interest. I would imagine they wouldnt but this is a drama and a romantic show so I dont know how they could keep the leading lady without it...

Icon by Jaje
Old 04-19-2015, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

Violet never dated anyone after Pete died.

Carolyn Shepherd never remarried.

Even Ellis Grey never remarried.

I think Meredith would be married to her work and her kids.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

please ask to those who write fanfic, continue and update more please, that maybe after Thursday is the only place where we will have merder.