Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

Ep 3.08 Discussion ~ Staring At The Sun

From ABC.com

Quote:
The O'Malley family visits George at the hospital, Meredith is determined to have a more positive outlook on life, Derek and Addison strive for a civil relationship, and Richard endeavors to reunite with his wife, Adele.
Sounds like a interesting episode to say the least...can't wait to see it...
Old 11-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Master Fan

Um hello mer/der bathtub scene, definatly interesting, lol!!

I wonder how the reconciling with his wife is gonna go, cause i really dont think that he'll resign so it'd be nearly impossible for them to reconcile unless they compromise?

And georges family, hopefully Burke doesn't kill his dad! The Christina and Burke situation is now getting way out of control its Georges dad on the line!

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Icon: pure_flames on LJ
Old 11-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Sounds like a very personal episode.

There are two possabilities for lyrics for this episode.

Quote:
Staring at the Sun by Offspring

Maybe life is like a ride on the freeway
Dodging bullets while you're trying to find your way
Everyone's around, but no one does a damn thing
It brings me down, but I won't let them

If I seem bleak
Well then you'd be correct
And if I don't speak
It's 'cause I get disconnected
But I won't be burned by the reflection
Of the fire in your eyes
As you're staring at the sun

(Hey!)
When I ran I didn't feel like a runaway. (Hey!)
When I escaped I didn't feel like I got away. (Hey!)
There's more to living than only surviving
Maybe I'm not there, but I'm still trying

Though you hear me
I don't think that you relate
My will is something
That you can't confiscate
So forgive me, but I won't be frustrated
By destruction in your eyes
As you're starin' at the sun

(Hey!)
When I ran I didn't feel like a runaway. (Hey!)
When I escaped I didn't feel like I got away. (Hey!)
There's more to living than only surviving
Maybe I'm not there, but I'm still trying

Though you hear me
I don't think that you relate
My will is something
That you can't confiscate
So forgive me, but I won't be frustrated
By the destruction in your eyes
As you're starin' at the sun

Maybe life is like a ride on the freeway. (Hey!)
Dodging bullets while you're trying to find your way. (Hey!)
Everyone's around, but no one does a damn thing
It brings me down, but I won't let them

If I seem bleak
Well then you'd be correct
And if I don't speak
It's cause I get disconnected
But I won't be burned by the reflection
Of the fire in your eyes
As you're staring at the sun
and

Staring at the Sun by U2 - here

I think its the first.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Theres also this one by TV on the Radio that it could be, its a very sexual song i believe but i think one of the two above are the best choices to which one it might be:

Quote:
cross the street from your storefront cemetary
hear me hailing from inside and realize

i am the conscience clear
in pain or ecstacy
and we were all weaned my dear
upon the same fatigue

staring at the sun
oh my own voice
cannot save me now
standing in the sea
it's just
one more breath
and then
down i go

your mouth is open wide
the lover is inside
and all the tumults done
collided with the sign
you're staring at the sun
you're standing in the sea
your body's over me

note the trees because
the dirt is temporary
more to mine than fact face
name and monetary

be what you will
and then thrown down your life
oh it's a damned fine game
and we can play all night

beat the skins and let the
loose lips kiss you clean
quietly pour out like light
like light, like answering the sun

you're staring at the sun
you're standing in the sea
your mouth is open wide
you're trying hard to breathe
the water's at your neck
there's lightning in your teeth
your body's over me

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Icon: pure_flames on LJ
Old 11-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

OK I just need to know which one now.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka17 (View Post)
And georges family, hopefully Burke doesn't kill his dad! The Christina and Burke situation is now getting way out of control its Georges dad on the line!
I hope they'll come to their senses and explain the situation to everyone...
Old 11-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin_Bodhi (View Post)
OK I just need to know which one now.
According to TV.com: TV News - TV Shows - TV Listings - Entertainment News they think it's the U2 song . Usually these things aren't truly confirmed unless the writer mentions it in the blog. This is the second song this season that there are two possibilities .

There is only a few things I'm looking forward to seeing in this episode:
-George questioning Cristina and Burke for his father's sake
-Alex and Izzie talking at the bar
-
Spoiler:
Old 11-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

Spoiler:
Old 11-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow... that would be terrible if Burke killed George's dad. And yes, I do have to agree that the situation envolving Burke and Cristina is getting out of control. I seriously thought that, in the last episode, Cristina was going to tell on Burke. 'Cause she is a surgery hungry beast. It actually surprised me that she kept Burke's secret.
Duh this episode should be interesting! I am deff looking foward to the bath tub scene, and figuring out where they are during this scene. I can't wait for this!
And I am so happy to finally see Derek happy! Like Derek hasn't been happy since... like season 1 when him and Merideth were together, and when Addison wasn't at the hospital. He's so cute when he's happy! It's the Derek that we all know, and I am deff glad that he is back. For the time being I guess. And Merideth is looking happy in the promo as well! Dark and twisty Merideth is gone! For now at least.
I am also happy that Derek and Addison are trying to be friends. Like they have been really bitter toward each other for a really long time. Even though I love Derek he was like the main person being bitter to Addison. Like she had her moments too. But I'm happy to see them trying to work things out between each other... in a friend ship type of way.
And I wonder what will happen with the chief. He better not retire, but I wonder what would happen if he did.

Please Respond!
Meredith+DerekCallie+GeorgeChristina+BurkeAddison+Mark
Old 11-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow... that would be terrible if Burke killed George's dad. And yes, I do have to agree that the situation envolving Burke and Cristina is getting out of control. I seriously thought that, in the last episode, Cristina was going to tell on Burke. 'Cause she is a surgery hungry beast. It actually surprised me that she kept Burke's secret.
Duh this episode should be interesting! I am deff looking foward to the bath tub scene, and figuring out where they are during this scene. I can't wait for this!
And I am so happy to finally see Derek happy! Like Derek hasn't been happy since... like season 1 when him and Merideth were together, and when Addison wasn't at the hospital. He's so cute when he's happy! It's the Derek that we all know, and I am deff glad that he is back. For the time being I guess. And Merideth is looking happy in the promo as well! Dark and twisty Merideth is gone! For now at least.
I am also happy that Derek and Addison are trying to be friends. Like they have been really bitter toward each other for a really long time. Even though I love Derek he was like the main person being bitter to Addison. Like she had her moments too. But I'm happy to see them trying to work things out between each other... in a friend ship type of way.
And I wonder what will happen with the chief. He better not retire, but I wonder what would happen if he did.

Please Respond!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Please Respond!
Loyal Fan

Please Respond!
Loyal Fan

Please Respond!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Please Respond!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Please Respond!