Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)
I really enjoyed all of the humor in this episode. I loved Alex teasing Arizona and the kick that Herman got out of it. I also thought that actors who played the boyfriend/girlfriend were both really good.

I am still not really feeling Maggie's addition to the show, but I don't hate her.

Except for the majority of season 9 when they hung out as friends all the time and then grew closer and developed stronger feelings. We all get different things out of the show, I guess, but I definitely saw a build up.

Do you have any facts to back this up? Or is it just what you have decided based on the fact that you dont like them and based on the sites you visit and what you have seen from the minority of viewers who discuss such things online?
I've personally seen a lot of Alex fans who've had to settle since they know Izzie isn't coming back and it's the same for Owen fans who have to settle since they know Cristina isn't coming back and I saw this as a Owen and Amelia fan. Jackson and April were friends before hands because they didn't want them together at first. Shonda was committed to Jackson and Lexie becoming a more stable thing before Chyler told her she was leaving. So I don't know if I would call S6/S7 build up S8 was def build up but like I said Shonda told a bunch of fans she was committed to Jackson and Lexie so I can see that she had to turn it around once Chyler left leaving Jackson and April the couple that would get together even though I wanted them together from the start which would have saved Jackson a lot of grief and made to look like a fool.

As of Amelia and Owen last episode and the kiss it felt right to me, It wasn't planned, or at least to me it didn't feel plan and seeing as their first scene was 11x07 and the kiss 11x12 I didn't mind it and as for the dialog it was a bit cheesy but hell this is shonda and her dialog isn't the same on Ga as it is on scandal so I'm not really into looking for the in depth meaning
Old 02-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

That's a possibility. Ironically I was never a Crowen fan so I don't feel too badly that he's moving on to Amelia. Though I think it should be done with the utmost care so that it does not come across as if he could be conflicted if Cristina returns for a few episodes in the end.

But Owen and Amelia have potential to be well written. I think both are legitimately good actors and they could sell their story/chemistry together. I think with time a lot of people could get used to Owen and Amelia. For instance, I never saw negative reviews on sites I ventured into.

But Jolex is off for me because I cannot settle as an Alex/Izzie shipper. I think if Izzie came back, a lot of people would be desperately hoping for some sort of closure to her storyline with Alex. It would be as if Jo never happened for me. I wonder how many Alex fans would be deep down desperate or curious if they knew Izzie had a chance of coming back. That's what I call having to settle for a pairing because the one you'd like to see if not going to happen.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Yes, you got the point. Jolex is something to me that only exists for that a rich character as Alex does not stay the drift emotionally, considering all its evolution and that is one of the remnants of the main cast.

They can convince sometimes but in the most are silly and artificial. In fact, Alex for me, so far not found a woman who could add something to it. The relationship with Izzie was more about how much he could get involved with someone of than to have found the right partner. I liked him with Addison but it was not anything significant. So, Jo exists and between him be alone and stick with it, I prefer that to stay with her. And I agree that could explore more of the individual history of the character it that seemed to be interesting in the direction we were taking.

But I'm optimistic about Owen and Amelia, I enjoyed Crowen until phase "I not exist. What matters is what you want" of his part to Cristina. So, I think with Amelia he will have a chance to be more than an appendix.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Yeah. I actually could have gotten on board with Addison and Alex. It was subtle and it made sense with the storyline they shared at the time. But then she left to PP and it was cut short.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not really incensed, it takes more than a tv show for that. I just have noticed an awful lot of posts where opinion is stated as fact wondered if I missed out on some statistics or special access to Shonda and the writers room.

As for character comparisons and all the rest of it, they seem unfair to me. The show has changed and is anyone thrilled with where their favorites are? Does that Greys fan exist? lol!
Old 02-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

The only people 100% satisfied are the ones who don't go online and talk about the show, I feel like. People use the internet as an outlet for their frustrations. Very rarely do you see people online saying only good things about the show. XD

I loved Addison and Alex, I liked Izzie and Alex before they were ruined, and I like Jo and Alex. Didn't care for Lucy/Alex or Lexie/Alex.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
That's a possibility. Ironically I was never a Crowen fan so I don't feel too badly that he's moving on to Amelia. Though I think it should be done with the utmost care so that it does not come across as if he could be conflicted if Cristina returns for a few episodes in the end.
I have always liked Owen, Though I think a lot of that has to do with being a fan of Kevin's before he even started in the role of Owen (Loved him on Journey man) I could never get into Crowen the way the writers romanticized Abuse the same way I will never watch 50 Shades of Grey both things are abuse that writes written as romance and it sickens me. I think if Owen ever did anything of the things he did with Cristina (Choking her while she was asleep, hitting her during an episode of PSTD which had her flying) I would stop rooting for them in a second. Crowen root worthy until the writers tried to romanticize Abuse as something some should just have in their life, Fiction or not that shows a bad msg to the viewers and considering there are teens watching this show its even worse.

I don't see Sanda coming back until at least the end and even that I'm kind of iffy about since I think she is moving on completely from Grey's Anatomy but I'd never rule anything out regardless, I agree I don't want the end to come and say Amelia and Owen are married with a child (dren) and all of a sudden he cheats on her with Cristina .... No. I love Amelia way too much to want that to happen so I do want him to be completely over before anything serious happens and I hope this is said on screen but knowing Shonda won't be. As of right now they just had their first kiss and knowing Owen just mentioned Cristina's name a couple episodes (weeks or months before the kiss? I don't know the timeline) Owen and Amelia are nothing more right now than co-workers who clearly have an attractive to each other and are seeing if they still have their game (Owen because he has only been with Cristina, Amelia because she is sober) And it's this reason why I don't really get the uproar over build up or oh, hey, he just mentioned Cristina. They kissed, that's it. They didn't go on a date and it wasn't even a make out session it was one kiss. So that's why to me all this talk about build up is so premature right now.

Quote:
But Owen and Amelia have potential to be well written. I think both are legitimately good actors and they could sell their story/chemistry together. I think with time a lot of people could get used to Owen and Amelia. For instance, I never saw negative reviews on sites I ventured into.
Shonda seems to love Amelia and Owen as separate characters so I hope they are written well if they do end up as being a serious thing but I also know watching PP that Shonda loves to have Amelia go through hell before she gets to have some sort of happiness and even then she loves to make her miserable so that worries me a bit. Kevin and Caterina are amazing actors in my opinion. I've only seen good reviews on them so far but again they've only kissed so I think if things get serious we might see the reviews get more critical about them.

I'm a original Alex/Izzie fan as well and would trade Jo for Izzie in a heartbeat. We as fans didn't get clorure nor any sort of ending between them and that is my biggest problem, Also the fact that Jo seems to be only there to give Alex a love intrest and storyline. They should have invested in Jo and develop her for a couple seasons before Alex started something with her and now that he did Alex and Jo are going through A to Z within a couple seasons and if we look back at Izzie/Alex it took them 5 seasons before the idea of marriage and babies even came out of their months so Jolex seems to be rushing things and it's not in character with Alex and that is my main problem. "I'm gonna marry that girl." Alex said last episode, Um .. Hell do you even know her enough to want to marry her? has Alex seen her in her bad times? No. Jo has been the good girlfriend and it just seems like one rush job and for the life of me I don't see why.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Cristina got Owen when he was off to a rough start as a character. I don't think he'd go back to that place where he strangles the woman he is with because he has PTSD. I don't even think that a recovering addict like Amelia would be able to handle something like that.

Yeah what I see is that Owen has some issues with Cristina to resolve. I recall a few episodes back he was having flashbacks or visions of his time with Cristina. That's why I think they should venture carefully into the attraction he has with Amelia. I think it should be interesting to see if he is given a chance to move on.

I don't think Cristina will come back anytime before the series ends, but I recall Sandra Oh saying they couldn't keep her from being part of the series finale? It seems she left on good terms with Shonda. But yeah, they should not go back to Crowen, because it was a disaster for both Cristina and Owen. They will never get what they want from each other. I think if given a chance to fall in love again, Amelia could move past what happened with her baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)
As for character comparisons and all the rest of it, they seem unfair to me. The show has changed and is anyone thrilled with where their favorites are? Does that Greys fan exist? lol!
You probably have a point! Ha. No one is satisfied about their story as a shipper because as pointed out, we tend to come online to say what could have been better or what we had hoped for.

But I do think the writers can make the best out of their bloated cast. For instance, some storylines are over told and some are not told at all, which makes it hard to get invested in particular characters. It's always obvious who the writers care for the most.

Despite not seeing any remarkable chemistry between Justin and Camilla, I was willing to give it a chance (because I loved Alex up until season 8), had it been well written. I wanted him to achieve a happy ending due to his evolution as a character. However, as pointed out above, they are rushing their storyline for some odd reason. He's been standoffish towards Jo all season and suddenly he says he is going to marry her? It came out of nowhere. All they have been doing is getting naked all season so it's hard to go from A to Z, as pointed out, and have it make any sense.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
It's not the exact same story as season 4 though. It's a different version of it. To me, it feels reinvigorated. I don't think it feels contrived at all. Most of it feels realistic, too -- sans the part of Meredith crashing at Alex's and her kids are nowhere to be seen/heard from -- I'll just assume Amelia had them and after they were asleep she went over to Owen's? Unless Maggie wanted to babysit again or they were at Alex's with her but upstairs with Arizona. I know Grey's is just a 'glimpse' into these characters' lives, but it seems like Meredith is never with her kids. Then again, at least we see them a couple times a season, unlike Sofia who we haven't seen at all since 10x9. It's just weird that Mer is always at Alex's and no mention of where the kids are, though it was nice that it was mentioned that the hospital now has 'night care' in 11x10.

Same with Sofia, Callie drinking / dancing at the Bar, Arizona with Hermann at the Hospital..and Sofia ??
Old 02-24-2015, 06:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Jo was in a somewhat adversarial role opposite Alex to show the audience they had sparks. Unfortunately that isn't how it came across on my screen (and probably not even to the writers), so they established another disjoint storyline with Jason that they still haven't explained (the fact that she nearly killed him).
I didn't see Jo as a great match for Alex from the beginning of S9; but the Peckwell SL was the last straw: the fact that it was a pretty girl almost killing a guy doesn't make it any less of a violence issue and the time to make that redeemable for me is long gone now (we even found out in S10 that there were 2 others before him). And in the process they made Alex OOC by threatening Peckwell. So, I'm happy Alex is happy in his romantic life, but I really can't get invested in Jolex.

Quote:
if we look back at Izzie/Alex it took them 5 seasons before the idea of marriage and babies even came out of their months so Jolex seems to be rushing things and it's not in character with Alex and that is my main problem. "I'm gonna marry that girl." Alex said last episode, Um .. Hell do you even know her enough to want to marry her? has Alex seen her in her bad times? No.
One could say that Alex had grown a lot from the first seasons and he also knows now that he is a good guy. As for Alex knowing Jo in her bad times, Packell Sl could be seen as a bad time for Jo and Alex knows exactly what and how she did and it looks he is happy with it.

Through the series, Alex's love life was heavily impacted by off screen decisions: Addison left for PP, Heigl left the show (in not such good terms, so there are slim to none chances for her coming back), the actress playing Lucy also left for another show.
Lexie stayed, but it was clear that romantic love never came in their relationship. And Ava who got crazy (but again, I fell that Ava was introduced as a love interest for Alex because of Addison's departure). So, I'm not really buying Alex's feeling that he was "damaged goods" and Jo saved him from a single life.

I loved Alex with Addison, the writing was good and both Kate and Justin were great, but it was cut short unfortunately. I also loved Addison as a character (one of my favorite in Grey's, didn't watch PP), but I don't realistically see Addison coming back and being Alex's partner now. Izzie was a very important relationship for Alex, but I too had the feeling that he was more involved at times. Maybe the plan was to show Izzie involved more in the future, but because Heigl left, that time never came.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:45 PM
Addicted Fan

I have the same impression. Some characters could have their stories much more deeper but suddenly the actors decide to leave and all is lost.

I'm sorry this happened to Izzie and Alex, Ted and now recently with Crowen due to output Sandra Oh. I hope that Calzona has a definition before one of the two actresses resolve jump ship.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

But seeing someone having a bad time once isn't seeing them. Hell look at Jackson, He saw the religious aspect of April and even after 5 years is still learning about her. Regardless, I think the biggest problem with Jo and Alex right now is they are stuck in the happy couple "land" and I don't see that changing soon. Callie and Arizona are in ruins, Meredith and Derek are on the outs because of the long distance, Owen and Amelia are going to have a hard time getting together because of the crap Owen did last season with the contract stuff and April and Jackson are still reeling from their loss. So I don't see anything changing with regarding Jo and Alex and honestly that's how I saw this couple from the get go nothing but happy. Alex has been put through the ringer in his personal life and he deserves some happiness and honestly as a Jackson and April shipper I would trade Angst/heartache for Hapiness in a second.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
And in the process they made Alex OOC by threatening Peckwell.
Huh, I don't think that was OOC for Alex? He's prone to anger issues, and it was clear that he liked Jo by that point. Threatening him wasn't OOC at all for Alex, IMO. I also can see why Meredith thought it was Alex who punched him, since it's not like we haven't seen him throw punches numerous times. [His brother, Jackson, Shane, etc.]

Honestly, I think they're purposely putting Alex and Jo in "happy couple land" because Alex experienced so much heartbreak with Izzie and Ava/Rebecca (gag). They want him to settle down and have an easy relationship. I see them doing the same with Amelia and Owen, too, because they've both been through so much. I don't see major drama in Amelia/Owen's future once they get together. Shonda even made the comment in an interview that they're not doing anything majorly dramatic with them and their relationship is going to be "light and fun" because there is so much drama surrounding other couples. Obviously they'll have drama, but I don't foresee anything major in Owen/Amelia's near future.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Honestly, I think they're purposely putting Alex and Jo in "happy couple land" because Alex experienced so much heartbreak with Izzie and Ava/Rebecca (gag). They want him to settle down and have an easy relationship. I see them doing the same with Amelia and Owen, too, because they've both been through so much. I don't see major drama in Amelia/Owen's future once they get together. Shonda even made the comment in an interview that they're not doing anything majorly dramatic with them and their relationship is going to be "light and fun" because there is so much drama surrounding other couples. Obviously they'll have drama, but I don't foresee anything major in Owen/Amelia's near future.
I think their angst, Amelia and Owen's that is, Is going to come before they're even in a relationship. If last episode was any indication those "contracts" will come back to bite Owen. As he said "The hospital has rules."
Old 02-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Yet, it was perfectly acceptable for him to sleep with Cristina. I expected that the "contract" thing to come up after they slept together in 10x14. I guess because she was on the board it didn't matter.

Considering the person who filed the complaint does not work at the GSMH, they might as well null that policy. Although I see there being mild drama with Derek when he comes back.