Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-27-2015, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
Yes, she pushed. She pushed until she got the desired effect of upsetting Meredith, and she was willing to say hurtful things in order to do that. And like I've said in my previous posts, if Amelia wants to be a sister to Meredith she has to first act like one.
And we know you can't push Meredith for anything, I doubt Amelia knows Meredith and vice versa. That doesn't make them sisters.

s12 is the strongest one for Ellen and no wonder she's so excited for it. She has strong material and the scene in 12x05 is BRILLIANT, no wonder it was the talk on every site. I am so excited for episode 9, and the fact she's already talking about it, 3 months before. She's super excited for the fans to see it! I hope lots of promotion for it from her on talk shows/media sites.

Quote:
Biggest highlight of 2015
ELLEN POMPEO: Denzel Washington directing Episode 1209, without a question. [He’s] amazing. Let’s just say I’m a huge fan. It’s a total dream come true.
Most difficult part of 2015
ELLEN POMPEO: Certainly the last year was very, very difficult. Losing Patrick was huge.
Best compliment of 2015
ELLEN POMPEO: Honestly the biggest compliments are the fans complimenting my acting. That’s really the biggest compliment to me, is when the fans tweet me when they’re watching the show and they are moved by the performance.
How life has changed since joining Shondaland
ELLEN POMPEO: It only became Shondaland a few short years ago. I started with Shonda when we were just a show. I didn’t join Shondaland, I was sort of a part of its inception — safe to say without sounding too arrogant. Grey’s was part of the beginning of Shondaland. We were just one show then. So my history is a lot bigger than just these past five years.
What being part of Shondaland means to you
ELLEN POMPEO: There’s definitely a strong, familial atmosphere to all of the shows. We all feel like part of the big family. The most inspiring thing about this show in particular is, because we’re in such a different place than the other shows, we are really, really striving — and I think succeeding brilliantly — at keeping the quality really good. I think the numbers are supporting that, and the fans are supporting that. It’s more of collaboration now than it ever has been. That’s crucial to our continuing, and it’s great. Shonda’s evolution as a leader has made it much easier to be here. It’s a much more collaborative place. We’re all working toward a common goal. She’s so busy now. She has so many other things to do that she’s willing to accept the help. Everybody pitches in to do what we can to tell these stories in the best way that we can.
Looking ahead to 2016
ELLEN POMPEO: I’m super excited for the fans to see [episode 1209, directed by Denzel Washington]. It’s for sure the [best] thing I’ve ever done on the show. We’ve never had anybody of his caliber come and direct our show ever. His charisma, he changes the energy in the room completely. Everybody is just at the top of their game.
The pressure to top yourself
ELLEN POMPEO: I’m very competitive with myself. Also, it’s not just about me. It’s about the fans. We’re so lucky to have the fans still so engaged in the show. We owe it to them to give it 200 percent every time. This place is a much different place. [Executive producer] Debbie Allen has been a huge, huge influence in the change in tone here. It’s a much more collaborative place and a happy place. Everybody really wants this show to be really good. We all feel the pressure. Listen, we’re not here season 12 because we’re phoning it in. We can’t phone it in at all. I’ve definitely had my moments where I’ve phoned in plenty. I’m not afraid to admit that. But there’s no phoning it in in season 12. You just can’t. I have to care more now than I ever did.
One Shondaland secret we don’t know
ELLEN POMPEO: These fans are pretty crazy. They know an awful lot. I listen to music constantly on the set while I’m filming. Mostly hip-hop. My fans probably know that. We dance to “Hotline Bling” many hours, many days. Drake all the time. Drake’s a favorite over here. We’re big on Drake over here.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/26...s-nowalk-beers

Adorable pic

Icon: Nikki
Old 11-27-2015, 10:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
And we know you can't push Meredith for anything, I doubt Amelia knows Meredith and vice versa. That doesn't make them sisters.

s12 is the strongest one for Ellen and no wonder she's so excited for it. She has strong material and the scene in 12x05 is BRILLIANT, no wonder it was the talk on every site. I am so excited for episode 9, and the fact she's already talking about it, 3 months before. She's super excited for the fans to see it! I hope lots of promotion for it from her on talk shows/media sites.

The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes, her leading ladies, and more | EW.com

Adorable pic
Thank you for posting this I love how happy she sounds!

Can't wait for 12x09! I really hope that if Grey's continues past this season Ellen stays on aswell!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

She make me so happy, when she's this excited especially after all the crap she had to go through with Patrick leaving. Denzel Washington coming to direct her centric episode, is a dream coming true for her for sure!

I think she will..
Quote:
❝This pilot gave me an opportunity to play a strong female character, she’s not always strong, she hasn’t always been strong. But to play a multi layered character, to be the lead of the show and to be paid equally to any men that would ever come on the show, it was an opportunity that I thought it was a gift and it has continued to be a gift. And I continue to be showered with blessings because of the show. As long as our story telling is inspiring, children to grow up and do something with their lives, I’m gonna keep it on.❞
Quote:
❝Mr. Denzel Washington just finished directing our last episode. That I was in every scene of. A dream come true to say the very least. Thrilling every minute, second, hour of it, was thrilling. And today is the first day without Denzel, we’re back to a new director, but you need a little time to come down of that. The high of Denzel. Him directing is the best thing that happened to me in 12 years. He’s one of my favorite actors. So to be with him for a whole episode, to hear his take on things. You know it’s an experience that it’s unraveled in 12 years.❞

Old 11-28-2015, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

AWW I adore that selfie
Old 11-29-2015, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

The winter press tour for ABC is on January 9th. Hopefully Ellen will attend and give bunch of interviews like she did in the Summer press tour. Especially since episode 9 is her centric she is sooo excited about!!! I am soooo looking forward for this episode and I want to know something about it already Hopefully Mer is not in alot of scenes with annoying characters.. but mainly her. Such a beautiful gift that her centric was directed by the big Denzel Washington. Of course bringing that name on the show was not going to be wasted on supporting characters but a big episode for the Lead!
Moaners and haters will continue to moan and bash. Whateverrrr.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I think the fact that Ellen is super excited about episode 9 says a lot

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 11-29-2015, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ikr??? She talked about it in 2 interviews, tweets and pics about it. Hopefully lots more in January/February

Old 11-29-2015, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I just like seeing her happy

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 11-29-2015, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love seeing her happy too. when will ep 9 air?
lovely selfie, so beautiful
Old 11-29-2015, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Epi9 will air on February. We have to wait a bit. But worth the wait at least. Mer is in every scene.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
Of course bringing that name on the show was not going to be wasted on supporting characters but a big episode for the Lead!
THIS!!! A Meredith-centric episode is looooooooong overdue. She's had some rich storylines over the years, obviously, but what's been missing is an episode where she's in every scene. Since she's the lead, it is ABOUT TIME this occurred.

The writers are aware she's the heart of the show, I love that they've been giving Ellen such great material this season - and she has been handing in brilliant performances. This is only right after such a horrible thing happened to Meredith. Showing her deal with the aftermath of Derek's death and come out stronger on the other side is an essential storyline. I love that the ratings show their focus is in the correct place.

I am hoping SO HARD Ellen does a ton of promotion for the return in February. Something to look forward to!
Old 11-29-2015, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
THIS!!! A Meredith-centric episode is looooooooong overdue. She's had some rich storylines over the years, obviously, but what's been missing is an episode where she's in every scene. Since she's the lead, it is ABOUT TIME this occurred.

The writers are aware she's the heart of the show, I love that they've been giving Ellen such great material this season - and she has been handing in brilliant performances. This is only right after such a horrible thing happened to Meredith. Showing her deal with the aftermath of Derek's death and come out stronger on the other side is an essential storyline. I love that the ratings show their focus is in the correct place.

I am hoping SO HARD Ellen does a ton of promotion for the return in February. Something to look forward to!
Yup, about time Mich like you said. She is PAID AS THE LEAD. That pretty, big, fat paycheck.. Show her as the lead on screen too. This season like you said she's been giving rich, meaty material. Episode 9 will top it I'm sure And I love how happy and excited she is for this season.

Oh, I'm sure they know that!!

Fingers and toes crossed for lots of promotion, maybe like I said she'll do the winter tour again - and we'll get lots of interviews, like before September. Plus TV guest appearances. Hoping we'll see her on the Ellen Show, and JKL at the beginning of next year.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

I want all of these appearances so badly! And the winter tour!

Having Meredith as the lead has truly worked out for this show. Twelve seasons in and going strong! A true television success story, with Ellen at the helm. VERY proud fan from day one. The minute they showed her and Derek waking up in the pilot, I was hooked on her story and rooting for her.

Last edited by LG Stargirl; 11-29-2015 at 11:58 AM
Old 11-29-2015, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Shonda made it questionable whatever Ellen was the lead though. I remember debating at this very same board about this issue. I guess I am glad she is finally being referred to as the lead after years.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Lol. I think some fans who wished otherwise made it questionable, but it was never something up for debate.

Ellen has top billing on the show. She always has from episode one. That's not even something to be questioned - it's an actual contractual item that states where her name is placed in the credits. She's always been the lead.