Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Cary #21~When it comes down to it Cary will take care of Cary!!

Welcome to the 21st
Cary Agos
Appreciation Thread

The Good Wife airs Tuesday's at 10PM/9PM central!

Matt plays Cary Agos, a Harvard Grad and a Law Associate at a the Law firm Lockhardt&Stern&Gardner. After he was fired at the end of season 1, Glenn Childs the States Attorney hired him.

Supporters list
1. Eternal Flame
2. catkirk7
3. autumnღfairytale
4. AllieCat60
5. ACE732
6. Full Throttle
7. sLomo
8. ln1
9. snatches of sunshine
10. AlwaysHoldingOn
11. Caribell
12. A-Luv
13. Starli
14.ssbailey
15. meggie525
16. DizzyLizzy

Cary Facts
* Cary's Dad is a Lawyer
* Graduated on Harvard
* Cary had a girlfriend in college that wanted to marry him but he didn't want to marry her
* He was in the Peace Corps
* He has a brother
* He worked on the Innocent Project
* His Father is friends with Barry Schleck
* Because he plays Poker on Tuesday Night
* He met his PI friend Andrew when they worked together on the Innocent Project

title suggestions:

Who could play a handsome harvard grad better than Matt?
'Cause Cary never seizes to amaze!
No one could have handled Cary better than Matt

Previous threads:
#1 - Look out for Matt back on TV this fall!
#2 - Who needs Cary Grant if you can get Cary Agos?
#3 - 'Cause starting Sept. 22nd, Matt Czuchry is showing off his talent again!
#4 - We're dying to know more about Cary's life!
#5 - Because he is our Knight in shining Brioni!
#6 - 'Cause Harvard is so much better than Yale!
#7 - 'Cause he will do everything to get the job!
#8 - *Sing* Cary is high on mushrooms, Cary is high on mushrooms, lalala!
#9 - HO HO HO!
#10 - No one could have handled Cary better than Matt!!
#11 - 'Cause hell hath no fury like Cary Agos!!
#12 - 'Cause we can't wait seeing him going all Darth Vader on Alicia and the firm
#13 - Cause why should we be worried if our guy tells us not be...
#14 - Because Team Peter or Team Will? Who Cares?? 100% Team Cary!
#15 - Because the SA Office seems to agree with him. He looks taller.
#16 - Because the SA Office seems to agree with him. He looks taller.
#17 - "Because he is a someone you can't help but love, root for and fear" - Archie Panjabi
#18 -With apologies to Damon Salvatore he may now be my fav. character on TV. Played brilliantly by Matt-tvfanatic
#19 We'll Be Happy to Relieve His Stress Any Way We Can
#20 Whether Cary ends up back at LG or not we still support him!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Season 2 Wishlist:
Kalinda finally being friends with Cary (started with 2x03 till the middle of season 2)
Cary working at the SA office - (2.01)
Cary's Dad
Cary and Childs scenes (2.01)
Cary winning a case against Alicia (2x11)
Kalinda and Cary teaming up against Childs
Cary shirtless
Cary making Kalinda speechless (2X16) the moment
Cary outsmarting Kalinda
Cary with stubbles (2.09)
Cary working with the female SA assitant (the girl from episode 3)
Cary and Will/Diane having a chat (2x11)
Cary's Brother
Cary's Parents
Cary maybe getting another love interest
Kalinda starting to warm up to Cary (2x03)
Cary playing Basketball (2.02)
More information (perhaps flashback) of Cary's time during Peacecorps.

Quotes:

“Matt probably changed the role more than any of the other characters because we always thought of his characters as being a kind of ‘what makes Sammy run’ kind of guy who was very much about the bottom line. Matt brings such an oddball energy that comes from left-field inside, that it’s definitely going to develop.” ~ The Creators on Matt.

"I wouldn't necessarily say that Cary's going to turn bad, although that is part of the fun of that character - it's not a complete surprise that he would turn so quickly, but even Darth Vader's got a little bit of good in him. He throws the Emperor over in the end. So I would say that even if Cary goes bad, he can be like Darth Vader and still have a little good in him." ~ Matt Czuchry on Cary.

"Matt has balanced deep vulnerabilitly with motivated vindictiveness. It results in a character you can't help but love, root for and fear' - Archie Panjabi

Reviews:

TVFanatic (2x12): With apologies to Damon Salvatore, he may now be my favorite character on TV. Played brilliantly by Matt Czuchry - with just the right combination of swagger, self-confident and the occasional vulnerability - he's epitomizes what The Good Wife does so well: portray layered characters who excel at their jobs and reside permanently in the grey.

AvClub (2x12): But I've very appreciative of Matt Czuchry's performance and he acquitted himself well in the spotlight tonight.

Unrealityshout.com (2x12): I’m sure all will become clear in upcoming episodes, but as to this week, if I had to choose a stand-out performance, I would nominate Matt Czuchry as Cary…
As Cary is currently the only ADA who’s assigned to Lockhart Gardner cases, that meant that this week, Matt took centre stage – and did brilliantly – in every regard. I hope he’ll carry on being very much in the spotlight, because it’s where he deserves to be.

thesurfreport.biz (2x12): I have to add that Matt Czuchry is superb in this role because he never overplays anything; his performance is subtle, powerful and memorable. And here I thought I could only see him as Logan Huntzberger.

Good Friends are like stars you may not always see them but you know they're there
Old 03-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

I would just like to say we're flying through these...I opened #20 on the 13th of March!!

Are we okay with the title?

Wondering about our wishlist...

Have we seen him and Kalinda go against Child's?
Have we seen him outsmart K?
Have we seen him back with female SA from episode 3?

Good Friends are like stars you may not always see them but you know they're there
Old 03-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

We do go through these crazy fast, but look at our post count, its crazy fast too
the title TFTNT!
I honestly am not sure if that has happened for any of them unfortunetly. I am hoping the first 2 happen super quick though.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

I thought the FASA was Geneva - doesn't look like it
I thought that they had maybe outsmarted Childs by having him drop the case...

Old 03-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Liz!

I'm not sure he can outsmart Kalinda.

They did kind of go against Childs, though. That might be the closest they get to it.

Icon credit to Jess
Old 03-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I guess I was thinking they can't go any further than that!

Old 03-31-2011, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyLizzy (View Post)
I thought the FASA was Geneva - doesn't look like it
I thought that they had maybe outsmarted Childs by having him drop the case...
no the episode 3 one was not Geneva.

And I thought a long time if I should scratch the going against Childs one with them tricking him in court. But I wasn'T sure. Should I?
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 03-31-2011, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

I thought so...that is why I brought it up!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnღfairytale (View Post)
no the episode 3 one was not Geneva.

And I thought a long time if I should scratch the going against Childs one with them tricking him in court. But I wasn'T sure. Should I?
I would wait a couple weeks, in some ways they have tricked him, but I have a feeling, that more is in store. If my gut instinct is wrong, at the end of the season, lets just cross it off
Old 03-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribell (View Post)
I would wait a couple weeks, in some ways they have tricked him, but I have a feeling, that more is in store. If my gut instinct is wrong, at the end of the season, lets just cross it off
Yeah, the more I thought about it the more we might want to hold off. I'm not sure they pulled off what they thought they did. I think K's legal troubles are probably over but my gut's probably with Carmen's--the fallout from everything hasn't even begun yet.

Icon credit to Jess
Old 03-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

Okie dokie...I guess I was just being a bit too optimistic!

Old 03-31-2011, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

blog

Quote:
A LETHAL LYRICIST - 03/30/11
The girl is alone ‘lone, ‘lone.
In the blink of an eye...
You tell her to drive, drive, drive.
And don’t dare cry...”

Recognize the lyrics above? You should... the song is currently #3 on the Billboard 200. The band Ag47 was in relative obscurity until the release of this track. The reason for their success: the man behind the song. Convict Jarvis Bowes wrote it while serving time in the state mental hospital. In the 80s, he raped, tortured, and murdered a young mother by the name of Malory Cerone. The lyrics of the song are thought to be based on Cerone’s rape and murder (although Bowes denies this). Ag47 used this notoriety to profit handsomely, even going so far as to dedicate the entire album to the killer. As for Jarvis Bowes – he gets royalties every time someone buys Ag47’s song. He is directly profiting off a murder he committed. If that makes you queasy, just wait until a car company gets their hands on the song for an ad campaign...

Believe it or not, this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Did you know the Beach Boys recorded a song written by a little known musician in California by the name of Charles Manson? And no, it wasn’t “Little Deuce Coupe.” Decades after the Manson Family murders, Guns N' Roses and Marilyn Manson (no relation) covered some of Charles Manson’s songs. I guess notoriety sells. The difference between Charles Manson and Jarvis Bowes? Manson wasn’t writing about his crimes.

LG is representing Cerone’s daughter. They’re doing everything they can to prove this song is linked to the crime. Call it musical archaeology. If they do, then hopefully they can deny him his fortunes. My job in all this is to keep Bowes off our streets. He has just completed a 30-year sentence in the IL state mental hospital and is due for release. If 30 years for rape and murder seems like a light sentence – you’re right. Things have changed. Judges were more lenient in the early 80s when Bowes was convicted by “reason of insanity.” If he’d gone to trial today – he’d be looking at a life sentence.

Now there’s only one way to keep him locked up: prove insanity. This is decided in a mental competency hearing. I argue on behalf of the state to keep him behind bars alleging that he’s not capable of functioning in society again and that he’s a danger to himself or to others. It’s unlike any other court proceeding – guilt or innocence is irrelevant. He’s already served his time. Unfortunately, my argument is null if it isn’t backed up by the state psychiatrist. Now I may not be a trained professional, but after a listen to Bowes's song I can make a pretty clear determination of this guy's competency even before the second chorus kicks in. Let's hope for the sake of all of us that this psychiatrist can too or I shudder to think of what Bowes's follow-up tune might be...
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 03-31-2011, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

I read it yesterday. Just watched the court scene when he was arguing against the guy's release. He was pretty passionate about it. (And all I could think was "damn, that suit works for him"--I'm a terrible viewer. He's a great lawyer, though. )

Icon credit to Jess
Old 04-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Preference for Cary: as a friend or foe of Lockhart/Gardner?
Matt: Neither. He was never a friend to the firm before and he isn't a foe now. What makes this show so unique among primetime dramas is its ability to paint its characters with a layered, grey brush. Cary hasn't changed a bit from his days of working with Alicia to his time now working against her. He's just been doing his job all along.

Carissa: Friend. The fabulous trio of Alicia/Kalinda and Cary is what makes the show such a pleasure for me to watch. I truly believe that lawyers working together achieve better results for their clients than when they are fighting against each other without regard for the actual people being represented in their cases.

Jeff: Friend all the way, although Cary will always be out for himself. When he was at L&G before, he blended a perfect combo of smarm and charm, and that's what I miss. As an ASA, he's done a great job and has held high moral standards with regard to his cases, even if he's had a darker and more sinister agenda to stick it to his former bosses. He'll likely never be best pals with anyone at L&G, save for perhaps Kalinda, but I like seeing him on the same side of the table with our favorite firm.

Read more: The Good Wife Round Table: What Should Kalinda Do? - TV Fanatic
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 04-01-2011, 03:37 AM
Master Fan

it! Nice praise for a change!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread