Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Looking so natural and gorgeous here.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Another new Instagram picture.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:42 AM
Elite Fan

She's been friends with Ericka for ages. Nice to see them still hanging out.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

She seems to have a good group of core friends who she's known for a long time around her these days, which I like to see.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_MC (View Post)
She's been friends with Ericka for ages. Nice to see them still hanging out.
Maybe I'm just having a really blonde moment here, but Ericka??
Old 08-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I thought this was Erika who she did that space-theme thing with, but Sam could be talking about someone else, lol.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, Ericka from the space theme art show. The girl in the palm tree dress above. I don't think that's Ericka in the pic you posted, though, Liz.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Oh, you're right, it might not be. It's hard to tell sometimes, lol, like in some of the other "space" pictures.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Found these recent-ish magazine scans on another forum:

Old 09-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

Nice

Again, shame about the Woody stuff, though.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Yes, that is disappointing I'm used to it, because virtually no one in the business has openly refused to work with him, but it's still disappointing. He's a pedophile- she shouldn't ever be excited about the idea of working with him.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Maybe she's acting that way because all of the actual police and Social Services investigations into the matter have come to the conclusion that the allegations are unfounded or inconclusive. Isn't is supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law", not "guilty because a vengeful ex-partner may have persuaded one of her kids to make accusations"?

Has he made a few unwise choices? Very possibly, but does that deserve the accusations that have been made against him?

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
After Allen and Farrow separated from their long-term relationship in 1993, a long public legal battle for the custody of their three children began. Prior to the proceedings, Dylan Farrow's doctor reported concerns that Allen had sexually molested his adopted daughter, who was then seven years old. The police-appointed medical team concluded that Dylan "was not molested", citing contradictory statements by Dylan.[144] The judge eventually found that the sex abuse charges were inconclusive.[145]

After the custody case, the New York Department of Social Services closed a 14-month investigation in the case and concluded that, "No credible evidence was found that the child named in this report has been abused or maltreated...This report has, therefore, been considered unfounded."[146]

In February 2014, Dylan Farrow repeated the allegations in an open letter published by Nicholas Kristof, a friend of Mia Farrow, in his blog on The New York Times* '​s website, describing how Allen allegedly sexually abused her in the attic in their Connecticut summer home while she was playing with her brother's train set.[147][148][149][150] Allen repeated his denial of the allegations, calling them "untrue and disgraceful",[151][152] followed by an official response published in The New York Times.[153] Dylan's older brother, Moses Farrow, defended Allen, telling People magazine, "Of course Woody did not molest my sister," saying that their mother had manipulated her children into hating him as "a vengeful way to pay him back for falling in love with Soon-Yi." Dylan has denied that she was coached by her mother, and has stood by her allegations.
As all of the actual investigations into the matter (as opposed to media reports and almost certainly partisan blog posts) have led to the investigators concluding there's no case to answer, Mischa and most others in the movie industry are treating him as probably innocent and the possible victim of a vengeful ex (not an uncommon situation for a high-profile person). Even one of their other kids has said the whole thing is just Mia Farrow's revenge. You guys may have your own opinions about this case, but I'll wait for an actual conviction in a court of law, as opposed to the court of media, before condemning him. And that's what Mischa and much of the rest of the movie industry are also doing. So that's probably why she made the comments she did in the interview.

Sorry if I'm being controversial here, but that's my opinion of this twisted matter.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

If you look more into how the case was handled in 1993, it was shockingly mishandled. Furthermore, Dylan is now an adult who can speak for herself (AKA not the "vengeful ex") and is adamant that her father molested her. I AM giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I'm just giving it to his daughter, that she is not a liar, because there is roughly a 95% chance statistically speaking that I am right. False acccusations, particularly against a particular person that the victim knows, are profoundly rare.

Beyond that? What I know he did? Is get involved with his emotionally and mentally disturbed for all intents and purposes stepdaughter (I'm speaking of Soon Yi now). That? I KNOW he did, and it is disgusting. It is revolting. HE is revolting. That Hollywood has continued to accept him is revolting, and a striking example of how profoundly misogynistic we are as a culture.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:27 AM
Extreme Fan

I love the shortsighted "we" at the end. Says nothing of Manhaters (who do damage to feminists but claiming to be them).

I'm not going to go all SJW, but is anyone surpised, really. In that business, if you want to work, then you can't really afford the luxury of spitting in the face of a potential employer. Either say 'no', or say 'yes' and not bite the hand that feeds.

Last edited by The Shadow Strikes; 09-09-2015 at 01:33 AM
Old 09-09-2015, 02:39 AM
Elite Fan

Time for a new thread, discussion to be continued.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread