Don't Fade Away (2007)

Mischa isnt listed though. IMDB sucks.

ETA:
On set photos:
Flickr: Photos from RaeBo

No Mischa mention

And this article:

Times-News sets scene for indie film

Film crews and cast, along with trucks, lighting and sound equipment, filled the parking lots and building Saturday at the Times-News for the filming of a scene in an upcoming film, "Don't Fade Away."

The independent film is the fictionalized account of the life and death of Chris Codd, the father of the screenwriter and director, Luke Kasdan of Brooklyn, N.Y.

Actor Beau Bridges portrays newspaperman Codd in the film.

"Last year my father got sick and I brought him up here to spend his last months with his family in Fairview," Kasdan, 26, said.

During those months, Kasdan experienced life in a more meaningful way.

"I wanted to do a film of value, that has meaning," Kasdan said.

Too many films today are skewed toward a value system of materialism and celebrity, he said.

"A lot of people looked at the script," Kasdan said. "Beau Bridges read it and responded. Some really talented people are passionate about the film and care about it."

Kasdan's father grew up in Miami, working most of his life in Tallahassee, Fla. Many of his family members moved to the Fairview area in the 1990s.

"My father was a journalist by trade," Kasdan said.

The scene filmed Saturday at the Times-News depicts the newspaperman's son clearing out his father's office after the father becomes too sick to work.

The son is portrayed by actor Ryan Kwanten, who played the lead in the film "Flicka" and soon-to-be-released Universal film "Dead Silence."

"The son is emotionally distant," Kasdan said of the character. "He left his Southern roots behind and found a successful career, but a shell of a life."

Mischa Barton, model and actress in the Fox show "The O.C.," portrays the "soulmate" of the son.

"She's a troubled young woman who interned at the local newspaper," Kasdan said.

Private investors financed the film, he said.

The photography shoots for the film will end after the first week in December in New York. The film will then enter the editing process.

"We will take it to film festivals," Kasdan said. "The festivals are film markets for distributors. If lucky, one will buy it and put it out in the world."

Times-News sets scene for indie film - HendersonvilleNews.com - Times-News Online

-------------------------------------------------------------

So Mischa is probably in NY filming DFA?

Last edited by Sam_MC; 11-22-2006 at 06:52 PM
Sam_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

This is now on Mischa's IMDB page, under post production.

Mischa Barton
Cristofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Her IMDB is so full

And the good thing is, a bunch of those movies she filmed ages ago so we're in for a busy 2007 if the continues to sign onto projects at the rate she's currently going.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I know! I love seeing how chock full her IMDB is. I can't wait to see what she does after Malice in Sunderland.

I'm really, really excited about this particular project, though. Looks like a good emotional role for Mischa.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

Me too Both Malice and DFA came out of the blue, so hopefully we have a few other surprises on the horizon.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Mischa has never had problems getting roles. She did SO many indies in the couple years prior to The OC, and she had a regular gig on Once and Again as well.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

She's never going to have problems landing roles. She shines in movies.

I never understood the flack Mischa received for her acting ability on The OC because I thought she was on fire more often than not.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think she hit a somewhat awkward stage that I only noticed because I'd seen her before around early S1. But even then, she had a lot of scenes that she nailed. She's so good with her eyes, which is really important to me. She used to not...I used to be able to tell she didn't like the chit chat scenes, that she'd rather be doing something more substantial. And that's just a thing that happens when you're a movie actress moving into TV; she's used to everything that needs to be said to tell a story being crammed into a couple hours and suddenly she has ALL this exposition and these kind of throwaway scenes she's not used to. But the thing is, she improved every time. She worked her ass off from the beginning to the end, and she grew to, I think, understand her character much better than the others, which is something considering her character on paper was the most erratic.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

That makes a lot of sense.

All I know is that Id never seen Mischa before The OC and she was able to take me in and turn me into the fan I am today. Her portrayal of Marissa completely hooked me.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

FF ate my original reply. Hrmph.

The gist of it is, even though I started watching because I knew Mischa was on the show, it wouldn't guarantee anything for her. Sandra Oh was my main draw for GA and while I adore her, Meredith is my favorite character, not Cristina. And there have been actors I've loved in one role and hated in the next. At the end of the day, while The OC was frothy and fun in S1, I would not have remembered to tune in the next week if Mischa's portrayal of Marissa hadn't drawn me in on that first viewing (which is an accomplishment as it was The Telenovela and she didn't even have all that much screen time or story to do it, lol). Mischa was clearly doing something very right for this viewer.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Meredith is your favourite character

And Mischa would have kept us watching in season 4 despite the cage fighting, unshaved legs and comic book stores.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I would have watched this show to the bitter end as long as Mischa was on it.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

TITLE: Don't Fade Away
PRODUCERS: Nicole Peluso, Arik Ruchim, Irina Ginzburg, Christopher Livingstone
WRITER/DIRECTOR: Luke Kasdan
STARRING: Ryan Kwanten, Mischa Barton, Beau Bridges, and Ja Rule.

Three months ago, Jackson White was Manhattan's man of the moment – an ambitious music manager riding a tidal wave of personal success. With a beautiful fiancée, a career on the rise, and good looks to spare, the world seemed to offer Jackson whatever he wanted.

…but a lot can change in 90 days.

When his fiancée leaves him holding the mortgage to their brownstone and his professional life is threatened, it's only a call from home that puts the world in perspective: Jackson's father is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Heading back to North Carolina on an unpredictable journey, Jackson will travel a road that wasn't part of the plan. Caring for his dying father and confronting the friends he left behind, along the way, he will open his heart to a unique young woman.

A spiritual fable that offers a powerful message of redemption, Don't Fade Away reaches beyond religious boundaries and strikes at the very core of our humanity.

--------------------

That's what is listed at the production company site. IMDB is also now listing the budget for the film as $2.4 million.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I CAN'T WAIT.

This looks so awesome.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Ryan didn't fade away

REMEMBER Ryan Kwanten? This Aussie bloke was a massive soap star in the late 1990s, snazzying up Summer Bay alongside his Home and Away co-star Kate Ritchie.

Now, the V-Man has finally hit the big time in the US after years of hard work - landing the lead role opposite "It" girl Mischa Barton in a film called Don't Fade Away.

Also starring Beau Bridges and Ja Rule, the flick is due for release in the US this year.

Meanwhile, Kwanten can currently be seen on the big screen in Oz, playing the role of Howard McLaughlin in the horsey film Flicka.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...rom=public_rss

---------------------------

I just love how they are making it sound like this is some HUGE project "hit the big time". OH MY GOD, he's starring with MISCHA BARTON.

I need a fricken release date. Cant wait for this
Reply   Post New Thread