Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2018, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

She got a bit into a controversy online!

Not deserved though, Kelly is such a big supporter of the gay community!

previous winners or contestants are advisors during the knock out's

Is it me or Kelly becoming slimmer? She's looking more and more like the era of her Christmas album with her blonde hair

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 03-28-2018, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't understand why Molly didn't think things through before posting. She may have edited her post, but the internet doesn't forget.

I think pretty much everyone else was backing Kelly up because they understood the true meaning of what Kelly was saying, unlike Molly.

Kelly definitely seems to be looking a bit slimmer now, especially compared to when they filmed the blinds.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 03-28-2018, 10:35 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know what its about but if you take words out of context then sure she was put in a box. But given its Kelly Clarkson who a) supports the LGBT (or at least LG) community, b) has been through this process before, & c) has been put in boxes herself so wouldn't put others in one just reading Molly's comment I don't believe it. Kelly may have thought of those artists because of a sexuality but even with that connection it would've been based on the vocals still not a comparison of sexualities. When you look at it in context then Molly only heard what she wanted to hear & if she wants to take offense to that then that's her loss. If she was knocked out of the competition then it wouldn't have had anything to do with her sexuality, it would've been because of how she performed on that night. But I doubt being knocked out would've inspired this since she would've known the result ages ago so why get mad about it now?

When you look at least at her twitter she has nothing but thanks for Kelly - she's also apologised, although still seems to stand by her words. I completely agree that people shouldn't be boxed in but Molly picked the wrong battle there to put it out there. Interestingly if you look at her twitter page she responds to a tweet directed at Chely Wright (lesbian country singer) hoping she saw the path she was making possible for the homosexual contestants on The Voice. In that she's being supportive of Chely & how she's an inspiration. But I guess she can like a homosexual singer, just can't be put compared to one...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-28-2018, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, what bothered me especially is that she acknowledged what an honor it is to be vocally compared to those singers, but at the same time she doesn't want to be lumped with them? It's not one way or the other. Hopefully Molly can see that Kelly does support LGBT artists/the community, and Kelly's comment was never meant to be anything but praise of the best form.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:56 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think she just doesn't want people to group LGBT artists together in one group . But not sure how that means you can't compare them if they've got similarities - then Kelly clearly didn't do that as she only listed two (& it would've been a coincidence most likely)

If you want to group some fine - Lady Gaga, Adam Lambert, Indigo Girls, Melissa Etheridge, Chely Wright, Beccy Cole, Anthony Callea, Miley Cyrus, Boy George, Ricky Martin, K.D. Lang, Kesha, Missy Higgins, Jessica Origliasso, Tegan and Sara, Sia, ect... Not sure what that accomplishes though - they're not alike. Some may have similar sounds or be from the same genre or country or whatever, but they're all individuals & no different than Kelly Clarkson or any other singer. Not sure how anyone could group them together unless they were just listing people of a certain sexuality? Pretty sure Kelly would feel exactly the same way & have a feeling Molly now realises that about her (or at least I hope so) Plus if Kelly had wanted to group LGBT artists together then she clearly has a lot to choose from since I listed hardly any of them (especially if you remove the random lesser known Aussies ) so could've easily listed three

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-29-2018, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Kelly mostly intended it to refer to the sound of those people like she said Patty Griffin was left out for some reason.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:14 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I think Kelly completely intended it that way. Patty was left out from Molly's post because Patty is straight so didn't fit Molly's point/purpose at the time. I can't speak for if it was left out in the airing of the show but if it was then that's the show's doing not Kelly's. Then if that's the case then Molly has every right to say what she said as that editing would be completely unnecessary & making reference to Molly's sexuality - however it shouldn't have been connected to Kelly then as she would've been an innocent victim in the scenario

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-29-2018, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

not sure if it was on the show either, I saw the battle though the results weren't show in the youtube video!

Old 04-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

I'm just watching the episode now and they definitely included the Patty Griffin comment. Not sure why Molly thought it would be a good idea to go after Kelly Clarkson

I liked Justin better anyway
Old 04-02-2018, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I was a fan of Justin in the first place a bit more.

Excited for the episode tonight.

Old 04-03-2018, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ did you see it?!

Old 04-04-2018, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't watch the whole episodes, but I did see Kelly's team perform. Brynn's performance was amazing. As much as I was a fan of Justin, he was shaky, and I agree that Caleb was the better choice for that one.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am going to watch the youtube vids now!
I'm curious to see them! (and Kelly! )

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 04-05-2018 at 03:03 AM
Old 04-06-2018, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
Brynn's performance was amazing. As much as I was a fan of Justin, he was shaky, and I agree that Caleb was the better choice for that one.
I love Justin but I think he let nerves get the better of him. Brynn is amazing for her age!
Old 04-06-2018, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

She is pretty spectacular at such a young age yes!!!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread