Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Hollaback Girl was nominated for Record of The Year and Love. Angel. Music. Baby. Album of the Year.

Gwen was also nominated in the Pop categories but Kelly won both Pop Vocal and Pop Album over her despite not been nominated in any general category!
Old 12-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well it was a good song but SUBG was a better one! Still more popular till this date if you ask me.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

I never liked it SUBG is definitely more memorable.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

haha that's for sure and much more sing a long as well! I love singing along to it

Old 12-04-2017, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Totally agree. Kelly was the right winner!
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

:d :d

Quote:
vincent peterssome grammy-nominated artists probably look at a list of their competitors and think, "boy, i wish i wasn't up against that person." but kelly clarkson says she thrilled about the fact that this year, she's up against some of the biggest names in music.

Kelly, a three-time grammy winner, is nominated in the category of best pop solo performance, for her hit "love so soft." her competition includes lady gaga for "million reasons," kesha for "praying," pink for "what about us" and ed sheeran for "shape of you."

"the part that i get most excited about is, once i find out if i've been nominated, i google who i'm nominated with 'cause i'm always curious," kelly tells abc radio. "and i was so excited 'cause i love all the artists i'm nominated with!"

"they're literally in my collection of music," she adds. "so it's just cool to be nominated with people you adore, as well."

you can see if kelly takes home her fourth golden gramophone when the 60th annual grammy awards take place january 28 at new york's madison square garden. So far, no performers or presenters have been announced.

Grammy nominee Kelly Clarkson thrilled to be competing against people she "adores" | WJBD | South Central Illinois’ News Sports and Weather Station

Old 12-06-2017, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting that.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:44 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for that
Quote:
"so it's just cool to be nominated with people you adore, as well."
Always nice to see her being a fangirl
Old 12-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

It is really nice.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

2018 Grammy Predictions: Kelly Clarkson Win for ‘Love So Soft’? - GoldDerby

Quote:
Will Kelly Clarkson win Best Pop Solo Performance at the 2018 Grammys for “Love So Soft”? She’s a Grammy darling in pop categories, having won all three of her awards in this genre field: Female Pop Vocal for “Since U Been Gone” (2006) and Best Pop Album for “Breakaway” (2006) and “Stronger” (2013). Ever since she won the first season of “American Idol” she’s been famous for her powerhouse vocals, which have led to six nominations for pop performances — and on top of that another three nominations for country performances. But it has been 12 years since her “Since U Been Gone” victory. Is she due for another?

“Love So Soft” is the lead single from her eighth studio album, “Meaning of Life.” The album was released too late to be eligible in this Grammy cycle, but the single debuted before the September 30 cutoff so it qualified. Under normal circumstances she would probably be disadvantaged by the fact that this is her only nomination, but none of the other songs in this race have any other nominations either, so the playing field is more or less level in that sense.

A bigger disadvantage may be the fact that this wasn’t one of the bigger hits in this category, peaking at number-47 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. Success sells at the Grammys, and five of the last six winners in this category topped the Billboard chart. The one exception was “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran, which wasn’t far off, topping out at number-two.

Sheeran is a formidable opponent this year as well. He’s nominated for “Shape of You,” which was surprisingly absent from the Record of the Year and Song of the Year races; it spent 12 weeks on top of the Billboard Hot 100, making it by far the biggest hit in this contest. The only other top-10 hit nominated is “Million Reasons” by Lady Gaga, which ascended to the number-four spot. This is only Gaga’s second nomination in this category since male and female vocal performances were combined in 2012, but she did win Female Pop Vocal in 2011 for “Bad Romance.”

Pink has two previous Grammy wins in the discontinued Pop Collaboration category and one for Best Female Rock Vocal. This year she’s up for “What About Us” from her seventh album “Beautiful Trauma.” Rounding out the category is Kesha, who received her first career nominations in this category for “Praying” and for Best Pop Album for “Rainbow.”

Old 12-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Master Fan

Her biggest competition is Ed and Kesha.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I thought Ed or Lady Gaga

Old 12-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Ed is by far the biggest competition, but all of them have a good shot, IMO.

It's a ways off, but I'm just hoping that the album gets some good nominations for next year, and that maybe the second or third single get nominations for the next go around.

amelia | icon: mel
kiss the wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't think she'll win, I'm surprised the song even got a nomination since it didn't do well. I'd think Ed would be the biggest competition (although I don't know the other songs in the category or exactly how well they did)
Old 12-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that Ed is the biggest competition if we go with how well the songs did. But I can't help to think they will pick Kesha because of the story behind the song.
Reply   Post New Thread