Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2020, 02:54 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't tune in. I don't care about them. But they also air here on Monday during the day as they're aired live usually so I was at work (presuming they did air here like I presumed since they usually do)
Quote:
well a rain forecast is good.. though not if it's gonna cause flooding, let's hope the soil absorbs the water soon
hopefully There is also some hope that the rain may help with the fires here.
Lots of trees went down, a bit of flooding. But I haven't heard any stories like Bettie's had. Those are awful Hopefully they can find that missing person soon

We have hope here from the rain. Its nice. I read this which is slightly scary but at least they finally got some rain.
Quote:
Some rural areas received more rain in recent days than they had in the entirety of the past year
We just now need to hope we get more so it can help them long-term instead of just short-term

The dam which supplies water for Sydney went from around 40% full to 60% too which is good. I just hope that won't make them reduce water restrictions... I do think we should stay on them in respect for the rest of the state which doesn't have this reserve just sitting there or maybe actually share it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-10-2020, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettie Mae Page (View Post)
It's rather depressing, especially because they still can't find that one missing person.

On a lighter note, it's Oscars Sunday, is anyone tuning in?

I'm watching red carpet arrivals.
that is sad yes

I don't watch it live (that's during nighttime for me)
But I always watch red carpet pics and sometimes speeches if I find the actor interesting!
What did you think?

Quote:
We just now need to hope we get more so it can help them long-term instead of just short-term
yeah we should hope for this and for regular raining periods
Quote:
The dam which supplies water for Sydney went from around 40% full to 60% too which is good. I just hope that won't make them reduce water restrictions... I do think we should stay on them in respect for the rest of the state which doesn't have this reserve just sitting there or maybe actually share it
wow that's quite a gain!

it would make sense to save some for the rest of the country
They always advise us with water restrictions during a small heat..

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-12-2020, 02:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Unfortunately we don't do what should make sense. It was forever before we even went on water restrictions, while the rest of the state was a few levels into the water restrictions. I think my parents went to level 3 when Sydney first got them. Chances are they'll be lifted now the levels are back up, but we'll see I'll continue hoping not

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-12-2020, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

they should be careful!

We've had 3 stormy days now... lots of heavy wind and rain... Apparently this weekend we get another 'storm'

Old 02-12-2020, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
that is sad yes

I don't watch it live (that's during nighttime for me)
But I always watch red carpet pics and sometimes speeches if I find the actor interesting!
What did you think?.
The only thing I was happy to see this year is the orchestra didn't play people off. Instead they dimmed the spotlight on them instead!

I loved seeing Brad Pitt win and the fashion choices were fun, but really it's always so long, so I flip between the live broadcast and other shows.

Our weather has been nuts too. It goes from wind and rain to sun, back to cloudy and then rain and wind again. Mother nature is PMSing!
Old 02-13-2020, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

well the ratings were down for Oscars too from what I read... I always love opening speeches and the Oscars doesn't have that either anymore

Brad Pitt was a nice win yes I always love seeing Olivia Colman on stage too, she's hilarious!

haha she is PMSing yes! how are you Betty?

Old 02-14-2020, 02:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I hope your storms aren't too bad Karen

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-14-2020, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

so far they aren't that bad... I hear the reports are already saying it's not gonna be as bad as they thought it would be

Any fun weekend plans for you guys?

Happy Valentines' Day for all of you! May your lives be filled with love

Old 02-15-2020, 02:59 AM
Master Fan

Hope everyone is well.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kelly!!!! I hope you are okay! I was wondering if all was good with you since we hadn't seen you for a while!

Old 02-15-2020, 03:05 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I'm sorry I will PM you why, don't really want to put it on public message board.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's good about the weather/storms Karen

Kelly

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-15-2020, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kelly!!

yeah it's cool though now we had all these birthday parties this weekend but now boyfriend is sick so I have to go alone!

Old 02-15-2020, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m sorry I’ve been MIA. Super sick lately

amelia | icon: mel
Old 02-16-2020, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hope you feel better now!!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread