Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2016, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

i'm watching masterchef.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:13 AM
Graphics Team Manager

ah ok, makes sense. I don't watch that One of the children at work is the son of one of the contestants from a few years ago though

I'm currently watching The Voice but not really paying attention to the contestant stories. Don't think they've had a really sad or touching one so far. I pretty much only watch for Delta now

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-02-2016, 12:40 AM
Elite Fan

I am surprised by their lack of stories in general.. but I was barely paying attention to it at all. They tried to sing Adele and I was not impressed especially when it was hard to be upset by that when Delta and Jesse J did a decent job with it.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

i have never watched the voice before tbh.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:39 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Rae

I watched The Voice US when it aired here because of Blake Shelton & then our one I watch because of Delta. I did watch the one season she wasn't in but I didn't enjoy it as much. Mostly I watch because of her. It is the only reason I watched The Voice Kids as that one didn't interest me at all . I don't like reality shows all that much & singing ones annoy me as I don't like listening to anyone who can't sing well or covers of songs I like. The Voice is better when it gets to the live shows as at least then for the most part the ones who can't sing well (in my opinion) are gone . There have been some amazing artists who've come from singing competitions (obviously I love Kelly who came from one) but personally the competition itself doesn't interest me

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-02-2016, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

^ i agree with you.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like The Voice due to the format, but I do love watching the judges interact. It never captured me like early seasons of Idol did. Still, even Idol managed to lose me after it started focusing more on sob stories and the judges they brought in. It lost its spark after Simon and Paula left. America also kept voting for the same type of artist (white guy with a guitar), which just got tiring.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 05-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

i use to watch Aussie idol when i was younger, it got cancelled, the only people who were successful was guy sebastian and riki lee (i've seen guy live before.) but i believe that it's hard to be successful after going on those types of shows.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Kelly (and Carrie and a few others) are exceptions rather than the rule on those types of shows. We got very lucky with Kelly that she has mass appeal to most of the general public. I remember especially after Breakaway was released and SUBG became the second single, there was a cover story in Complex when she was their Woman of the Year for 2005. It mentioned how the song appealed to major rock bands (the antithesis of American Idol), P. Diddy's crew, and people from all walks of life.

I hope everyone has had a good day. Mine wasn't too good. I've realized that my grades are not going to be as good as I was hoping they'd be in most of my classes. I really have to get in gear next semester and do a lot better. Spring semester always seems to hit me hard in comparison with fall semesters.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 05-04-2016, 12:05 AM
Graphics Team Manager

i hope next semester is better

I have a ataff meeting tonight

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-05-2016, 02:46 AM
Elite Fan

The shows may provide a good launching platform but it is what they do next which is important. They may get the votes but it does not mean instant success and for some reason some just seem to disappear. It is a tough industry and some may not realise that when they go on these shows.. also there is the stigma which comes from coming from these shows. I believe Kelly has spoken of that? For me her and Carrie are singers and I do not care where they came from. They have talent and that is what I care about.

Most reality shows bore me .
Old 05-05-2016, 02:57 AM
Graphics Team Manager

at least with The Voice I think people care more for the coaches than the contestants they're as much a part of why people watch as the contestants while Idol the focus is probably more on the contestants themselves. That doesn't help anyone on that show & probably a reason why there doesn't seem to be anyone who gets anywhere from it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-06-2016, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

That would not surprise me. There are probably quite a few who watch for the coaches and the way the show is promoted it focusses on the coaches. Then Australia does not even use Australian coaches for their version; it goes elsewhere trying to get bigger names. At least each season has had one (season one technically two with Keith Urban and Delta) Australian coach so far and hopefully that continues..
Old 05-06-2016, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

hi

my sister and i have charlee bear tonight, and tomorrow morning
Old 05-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I hope they do but wouldn't be surprised if they don't if Delta leaves which seems likely after this season

I have no idea what that is but I hope you & your sister had a good time Lucy

hmm it looks very smoky outside now... I'm too lazy to get up & investigate though . Edit: Ok so on the news it explained the smoke & it turns out it was worse in other places. It was from burning off which is being done to help prevent bush fires. Sydney was covered in it & it was making it hard to see the landmarks from what they were showing

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 05-07-2016 at 01:03 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread