Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Extreme Fan

thank you Amidalaemma !!! I can't wait for that Book. More Logan yeayyy !!!

And Cheerios when watching the movie I could not believe how self centered Logan was, he respected every inch around Veronica. He never made a move. And I agree that he was happy with his life, more than what it seems Veronica was with hers.
And I loveddd his face when Veronica tells him to take the long way home. That I believe gave him a 'hint' of hope, that's why he looked surprised after the fight when he saw Piz was again with Veronica, and that's why he had to ask her the next day.

Icon by:Hilery00
vecastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecastone (View Post)
thank you Amidalaemma !!! I can't wait for that Book. More Logan yeayyy !!!

And Cheerios when watching the movie I could not believe how self centered Logan was, he respected every inch around Veronica. He never made a move. And I agree that he was happy with his life, more than what it seems Veronica was with hers.
And I loveddd his face when Veronica tells him to take the long way home. That I believe gave him a 'hint' of hope, that's why he looked surprised after the fight when he saw Piz was again with Veronica, and that's why he had to ask her the next day.
HAHA!!! Vegastone you said you said in the movie Logan was "self centered" and I was racking my brain trying to think about when in the movie he could be called selfish! But i see thats now what you meant!!
I also agree that Logan was prob a little surprised she was with Piz after that car drive...
AmidalaEmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

I think half of how together Logan was because of the Navy. He's flying very expensive planes, they train him to be calm under heavy pressure. Considering he's flying through some hot air space. And half I think is just Logan, he's come a long way since that angry boy who wanted to fight the whole world just because.

I do think when Veronica and his parted ways all those years ago. That he had to turn a part of himself off when it came to her. She was his other half, the great love of his life and something broke inside him. But he wanted to respect her choice and I think to move on with his life he distant himself from her and the memory of her.

So he changed and grew and move on with his life. Which was probably the hardest thing he had to do. But probably the best thing for him and he worked hard and got to a good place for himself. I honestly think that Logan was happier with his life than Veronica was ever with hers. Because he had found his passion with work and I think he truly loved Carrie. Where Veronica was in a job that others had wanted for her and in a relationship where it was clear he loved her way more than she did him.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

I do agree with everything you said Cherrios, and I never thought about the navy but that could have def caused him to react differently, more calmly.

Also ya, i think, knowing him adn how much he loved V, he was prob devastated when she left. But when she brough tit up it was "bygones" for him, he had moved past it, but he still loves her. I wonder if he knew instantly when he saw her that he still loved her? a part of me thinks yes, because he is always more in touch with his feelings than V.

He def did a lot of growing up, and a lot of that very well could have been in reaction to V leaving him, growing up and centering himself. He may have saw some merit to whats he says to him in the last episode, he also got upset at the beach in 3x19 when discussing how his life has been "frivolous" then asks Veronica if she was impressed by Piz and the hard work he has done in his life. This was clearly a sore vulnerable point for Logan when it came to how he felt about Veronica and what she values in men and in him.

he prob did lose alot of himself when she left and he rebuilt it.

Logan was clearly much happier than V, until carrie died. He seemed very proud when she sees him at the airport in his uniform.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

I'm curious about the possibilities with Hunter. I wonder if there is a reason RT created him other than what's obvious
Old 07-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

I think Logan always knew that Veronica was the love his life. But back then he knew she was gone, so he let her go and moved on with his life. Which probably hurt like a bitch. I think he had pushed those feelings down, especially when he started with Carrie. But then I think seeing her brought it all back for him. But he didn't want to bring that all up, so he respected her space and focus on the case.

I think seeing him again and seeing him in that uniform with his life together instantly awoke all her feelings again. But she kept telling herself it was a short visit, just helping him find a lawyer. And then she go hooked on the case and was determine to stay and finish.

I read a fan fiction that had her telling Logan that she pretended to be asleep when Piz came into Neptune for the reunion. Because she felt she couldn't be true to him because her feelings for Logan were already back with determination.

I love how when he asks about Piz, clearly hurt because his hope had been raised with the "long way home" moment. He's not vindictive or spiteful, he's just hurt and brings it up matter of fact. That shows a lot of progress for him, considering his line once, "if the cuddling was the best part he didn't do it right" And I don't think he's just upset that she didn't say anything just because he had hopes of renewing the fire. But because they have know each other for so long that she doesn't inform him of this important part of her life is hurtful.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
I'm curious about the possibilities with Hunter. I wonder if there is a reason RT created him other than what's obvious
what do you mean "the obvious reason"? You mean that it shows Veronica that her mom moved on without her?....
Old 07-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

Obvious being that it caused some emotional issues for Veronica. But I'm just wondering if he has a bigger picture now.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:36 AM
Master Fan

Perhaps Hunter was created for Veronica to give her mom another chance. Not for her mom, but for her, so she wasn't always carrying those mom issues around. I'm not saying she sees Lianne as her mom, but she doesn't hold Hunter accountable for Lianne's past actions. That she steps out as a big sister and is there for Hunter. Becomes like a second mom to him, considering his own family just went to pot. With his father and sister both going to jail and who knows if Lianne will start drinking again from all the stress. Maybe it will let Veronica let go of some of her hang ups about having kids. And Logan and her are meant to have some of their own some day.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:15 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if any of it was foreshadowing and that veronica will end up caring for him.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

i like both of your ideas, and I could see Logan being a good second "dad" to him (they both have alcoholic moms and criminal dads).

i wouldnt say veronica has hangups about kids, because its never been said, she was caring for baby lilly etc. But she does act weirdly with kids sometimes and was a little overly bitchy/condescending in season 3 (yet another reason I didnt like her attitudes in season 3) so maybe she does a little. But its now years later, so maybe she has changed, she was sweet with Hunter though she didnt know exactly what to do or say to her little brother she had just met and never knew she had.
But she was kind and thoughtful to him, hugging him...reassuring him. So ya, if she has to take care of him, or even f she doesnt, I can see this in a way showing Veronica and the reader that she can manage kids.

OR her having to take care of him will make her realize that even though she loves Hunter, she doesnt want kids/have the time for them...(I hope not!)

Last edited by AmidalaEmma; 07-03-2014 at 07:36 AM
Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

I also wonder if RT is kind of writing consciously in event there is another movie or perhaps one more season. As much as I would like to know that Veronica and Logan have a family one day, babies are tv show poison and maybe using Hunter would be a way to give them the family dynamic without going through the baby period. But if this just continues to live on in books, RT could definitely write about Veronica having her own family
Old 07-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

I dont think too many fans would be happy if Veronica and Logan NEVER had kids and it was decided and that was final, that would be too crappy an ending for them for so many fans if it was ever made final like that. I dont think a TV show is ever in the works, but if it was, i could see them having kids in it, TV shows always need big changes like that to stay fresh, but a movie? not likely because thats too big a plot for one movie, unless they shot forward in the future many years, or it was mentioned at the end/beginning of it she was pregnant and that was part of the plot line (which would make the plot that much more desperate and angsty-for her to have to be more careful cause she is with child) or had them mention the desire to have kids in the future if its there.

If Hunter is all they get, Logan and veronica i mean, in terms of a family, then that sucks because I want LOGAN to have his own kids/kid, not just veronica's mothers baby. Like genetically his own. I personally see it as a family, logan and V and Hunter and a child to get to know and love and then they can have kids when they are older...a practice child!

I dont think RT would eliminate the possibility of them having kids altogether because i think that that would disappoint too many ppl.

besides "true love couples" usually have kids

I hope the books continue that far, as for a movie, i think RT will always be writing with that hope, but I dont think he would sacrifice an interesting plot for the books for a movie that might never happen, he will probably organically go where the charcters should go over the years as the books come out. This next book is a few months later, thus in the time of 2 books, more than 6 months will have gone by and Veronica will be 29 soon....get what I am saying??...if he writes 8 books, that would make Veronica 32/33 by the last book...right?

I think a movie when they are older with Kids would be cool, but thats just me It changes everything and some people like that and some people dont. I do like it. I hate stories where things stay the same always.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I see your point. I just feel like they wouldn't need to have kids for a happy ending. I always loved them beyond that. I would die happy if they got married but it's not that important to me. I'd rather just know they're happy and together by the end
Old 07-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Noir is great and I love that the show pays tribute to the noir of old. But I think you get to a point where you can't have the lead couple continually to go on/off with their relationship. They're not kids anymore, the will they/won't they starts to loose it's charm when they're pushing thirty. And to be honest I find all that stuff boring. I want to see how Veronica and Logan can handle being in an adult relationship. Especially considering their past issues and they have both grown as individuals over the years apart. How they stay individuals, but also work as a pair. It's clear that they are each others cosmic pull and no one else will ever compete. So lets stop horsing around and see what they could be, instead of letting stupid things drag them down again.

I want Logan to have children of his own. He's always craved that family unit so badly and even though I think he's afraid of becoming Aaron if he ever has kids. I think his want outweighs his fear. And I can see him being a great dad, he knows what it's like to grow up without love and trust. And I could see him lavishing the child with his whole heart and soul and making sure the baby will want for nothing. And I'm not talking material goods, is giving them a happy safe home.

Someone once posted on tumblr that Veronica and Logan's relationship is true noir. Except Veronica is the jaded, cynical, wise cracking private detective. While Logan is the femme fatale, who is mysterious and has a pull with the PI. Whose often getting into trouble and dragging their PI into crazy adventures.

When I think of Veronica and Logan's relationship. I think of Nick and Nora, he's a famous detective, who also works as a team with his rich wife. They both are good detectives in their own right, but they worse best as a team. And they had this great banter back and forth.

Nick Charles: Oh, it's all right, Joe. It's all right. It's my dog. And, uh, my wife.
Nora Charles: Well you might have mentioned me first on the billing.

Nick Charles: How'd you like Grant's tomb?
Nora Charles: It's lovely. I'm having a copy made for you.

Nora Charles: You know, that sounds like an interesting case. Why don't you take it?
Nick Charles: I haven't the time. I'm much too busy seeing that you don't lose any of the money I married you for.

Nora Charles: Take care of yourself
Nick Charles: Why, sure I will.
Nora Charles: Don't say it like that! Say it as if you meant it!
Nick Charles: Well, I do believe the little woman cares.
Nora Charles: I don't care! It's just that I'm used to you, that's all.

Nora Charles: All right! Go ahead! Go on! See if I care! But I thinks it's a dirty trick to bring me all the way to New York just to make a widow of me.
Nick Charles: You wouldn't be a widow long.
Nora Charles: You bet I wouldn't!
Nick Charles: Not with all your money...

Nora Charles: Pretty girl.
Nick Charles: Yes. She's a very nice type.
Nora Charles: You got types?
Nick Charles: Only you, darling. Lanky brunettes with wicked jaws.

They remind me so much of Logan and Veronica. I don't think getting married and having children would have them loose their edge, it would only make the bond between them stronger.
Reply   Post New Thread