Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2016, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Hil is in her early to mid 30s so she's old enough to have a teenager. She would've had her pretty young though.

Agreed about the chemistry between Victor and Hilarie. It definitely improved as the movie wore on which made their romance feel more genuine imo. They didn't like each other in the beginning so it made sense that it took them time to see the good in the other. I also liked his interactions with her daughter, that made him an endearing character in the end.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I did a double take when they introduced the teenage daughter is Hil even old enough to have a kid that age?
I totally thought that too, I felt the girl was too old to be her kid.

Like, the daughter was at least 15 right? Which means if Hilarie's character had her at 20 shed be 35 in the movie. I guess that's what we are supposed to assume but 20 is young IMO.

It would have made more sense for her to have a 12 year old kid that was like a smart kid or something.

What about that?
Old 10-18-2016, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Everyone has kids at different ages though. It might be hard for us to imagine because we know Hil was older when she had Gus. Or maybe it's just the fact that she looks young.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

I have yet to watch this film but I know i'm going to love it because i'm a sucker for anything romantic and plus watching Victor alone is one good enough reason
Old 10-18-2016, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

^ Aww, you'll love it then! I'm a sucker for these kind of fluffy movies anyway so they're always a win in my eyes. Though I haven't liked a lot of the fall Hallmark movies this year. This one was way better. And speaking of Victor, he retweeted my post about Summer Villa the other day.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

i just think 20 is young to have kids. it seems more rare to me then common. 22+ okay.

but shes only 34 in real life so are we suppose to assume shes playing an older character? that is also rare.

if she had a kid young thats fine but it should have been mentioned imo.

What about that?
Old 10-19-2016, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

My mom was 21 when I was born so maybe it just doesn't seem that uncommon to me. But I do agree that her kid seemed a little older than she should've. But I got over that as the film went on since they had a nice relationship.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

i dont know many people that have had kids that young. my friend did at 21 i think. and i had another friend in college that was the same.

my mom didnt have kids til 30 so i guess for me its a bit strange. my sister was 27. my other friend was like 25. another was 31. so iDK, i guess when people have kids young around me its made into more of a big deal.

What about that?
Old 10-19-2016, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

i dont know many people that have had kids that young. my friend did at 21 i think. and i had another friend in college that was the same.

my mom didnt have kids til 30 so i guess for me its a bit strange. my sister was 27. my other friend was like 25. another was 31. so iDK, i guess when people have kids young around me its made into more of a big deal.

What about that?
Old 10-20-2016, 05:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

it is i agree i mean im 26 adn for me to have a kid now seem so strange .. i can do it emotionally but finacially it would be so hard
Old 10-20-2016, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ Aww, you'll love it then! I'm a sucker for these kind of fluffy movies anyway so they're always a win in my eyes. Though I haven't liked a lot of the fall Hallmark movies this year. This one was way better. And speaking of Victor, he retweeted my post about Summer Villa the other day.
Her acting talent alone in movies is amazing so I have no doubt that I will like this one.
Ohh, that's so cool he retweeted. Must have been a nice feeling

20 is quite young to have a child. I thought I was young falling pregnant at 23. Still it depends on your maturity and stability in many ways.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

^ Oh for sure, she's very talented. So I enjoy most movies she's in because of the acting.

Well it seems to be more common for people to be in their mid to late 20s now before having children. I think it varies from one generation to the next.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
Everyone has kids at different ages though. It might be hard for us to imagine because we know Hil was older when she had Gus. Or maybe it's just the fact that she looks young.
I think it startled me because it reminded of that episode of OTH in season 6 when Peyton read for herself and James Van Der Beek's character said that she'd make a great Deb . Hil's looks so that you forget that she's actually is old enough to be the parent of a teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa

My mom had my sister when she was 22 and me when she was 29. My sister had her two kids at 22 and 26. I have five cousins that I grew up with so we're all close in age and in our twenties but between the six of us, there's not a kid in sight. I guess people are having kids later nowadays.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah financially i could not raise a kid right now. i can barely afford myself lol.

23 is pretty young to have a kid but also common. i just think being 21/20 is really rare for people around ME personally. I guess not for everyone. But again i think it was more the fact that it wasnt commented on in the movie.

I love that people are having kids later these days. enjoy your twenties while you can without adding more responsibility IMO.

What about that?
Old 10-21-2016, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Hallmark movies rarely comment on age. It's just one of those things.

Well, the college age has kind of delayed people from starting families as young as they used to. But I know people who were in their early to mid 20's when they had kids. So it's just different for everyone.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread